PDA

View Full Version : How to know if my Posts have been replied to

rosewood
06-11-2015, 07:24 AM
When I click on my profile, it shows all of the recent posts I have responded to. However, I am unable to see if anyone has posted since I last posted other than the message count and if I don't remember what it was last time, I have to click on the thread to see if there are any new post. Any easy way to see what post I have responded to that have had responses?

Thanks,

Rosewood

alamogunr
06-11-2015, 07:46 AM
You should automatically receive an email of a response to a thread that you have posted to. If not, go to your profile and click on settings. There are all sorts of things there that determine how your account is set up. Not sure, but I think that email notification is automatic when you sign up.

Others may know something different. It has been so long since I first signed up that I don't really remember.

oneokie
06-11-2015, 07:55 AM
Use the thread subscription option. Top of the thread page, "thread tools" select subscribe with the option of instant email notification.

rosewood
06-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Wasn't wanting an e-mail option, just some sort of flag that shows me which of my post have been responded too. Too much trouble to check e-mail when I am viewing posts.

Thanks though.

rosewood
06-11-2015, 07:59 AM
Yall got me thinking and I think I figured it out. I do a search on my username and bookmark it. Then when I open it up, it shows a list of posts and an open envelope for those with new posts. I think another forum I frequent does that automatically with the profile list.

THanks,

Richard

montana_charlie
06-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Any easy way to see what post I have responded to that have had responses?
When you are viewing any of the forum indexes, look at the left hand side. There will be a bent, downward pointing arrow on any thread you have participated in.
Looking to the right you can see who posted most recently, and when.

CM

alamogunr
06-11-2015, 01:41 PM
When you are viewing any of the forum indexes, look at the left hand side. There will be a bent, downward pointing arrow on any thread you have participated in.
Looking to the right you can see who posted most recently, and when.

CM

Thanks! I never noticed that before. Actually, the more obvious something is, the more likely I am not to notice.

Blammer
06-11-2015, 02:35 PM
bent arrow huh, I'll have to check that out.

rosewood
06-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I knew about the bent arrow, but didn't know how to see the view that showed the bent arrow without looking at all the recent post of everyone. The search seems to fix that.