PDA

View Full Version : LGS Powder

Bzcraig
06-09-2015, 11:12 PM
My LGS surprisingly had almost full shelves today. Several pistol powders in stock including a 8# keg of Unique that came home with me. The only powder I now am waiting on is a 5# keg of Trailboss. I have not seen any pistol powders from Accurate except a single pound of #5. I'll check the shelves again on Friday and if it remains the same I'd say the powder drought is over at that store anyway. Prices started to creep down as well. I'll have to start working on my primer supply next.

Mauser48
06-09-2015, 11:22 PM
At gun shows i can get pretty much anything I want except alliant. I don't use anything alliant though so its not too bad. There was a lot of trail boss at the last show.

WarEagleEd
06-10-2015, 04:01 PM
I found 1lb. each of H110 & W296 at a Cabela's store in NW Georgia. I've been looking for H110 for awhile.

SP5315
06-11-2015, 09:32 PM
I picked up a 4 pounder of Titegroupe at Cabela's in Reno yesterday. I haven't seen this much on the shelf in a few years. Still really short on shotgun powders though. I also managed to pick up a brick of Remington Thunderbolts while I was at it.

bearcove
06-11-2015, 10:03 PM
IMR 4198 at shop

Bad Water Bill
06-12-2015, 03:52 AM
We just had a new Wal Mart open next to Cabelas in Hammond In.

According to the sales person the 22LRs vanished almost instantly.

Guess the hoarding has not stopped yet.

Most small arms ammo left the store also.

Sure glad I started casting and reloading as well as laying a supply for myself about 30 years ago.

Plate plinker
06-12-2015, 06:51 PM
war zone Gary IN needs more supplies BWB....

Bad Water Bill
06-12-2015, 08:19 PM
War zone Gary ain't got a chance compared to CHIRAQ.

destrux
06-12-2015, 08:22 PM
I was just at the local Cabelas and they had a completely full aisle of powder. There were no empty spots. They even had about ten types of pistol powder, alliant and all. I don't really need much, but I picked up a pound of AA1680 cause I've been burning up a lot of that lately. They also had about 15 or 20 different varieties of .22LR, plenty of each type. Prices were midrange on the .22LR, about $40 a brick, but it's better than online prices. They had all the different CCI (mini mags, stingers, quiet-22, segmented HP, velocitors, subsonic, standard velocity, CB, CB short, shotshell...), remington stuff (golden bullet bricks, yellow jackets, target, eley target, thunderbolt, shorts), Federal stuff (automatch, champion 710, HV match), Norma stuff (target, target high velocity), SKD match stuff, Winchester's various super-X offerings, uhhhh... a few more I can't recall. I was pretty shocked actually. Nobody was even really standing around the stuff other than to look and walk away.

Oh and they stock S&B primers now for $24 a brick.

I'm at my powder storage limit but I want to get about 5K of each primer on hand cause that's what I needed to get me through the last shortage. I won't be caught scouring the net to pay $70 for a brick of primers after an election like in 2013.

Maximumbob54
06-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Only pistol powder I've seen in decent stock so far is Vectan and it's at least $10 a pound more than it should be. Lots of rifle powder though.

Thin Man
06-13-2015, 09:00 AM
TN is still getting only really small and varied shipments of pistol powders. Rifle powders and primers are available. Gun show vendors are making wampum selling imported (surplus??) handgun powder and even that is priced too rich for my taste. Wish the drought would cease.

Thin Man