PDA

View Full Version : "Clarified" gun control...and an obvious hit to free speech....

gew98
06-07-2015, 10:32 AM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nra-gun-blogs-videos-web-forums-threatened-by-new-obama-regulation/article/2565762#!

This is patently insane - the goobermints "definitions" and intentions. If you read it the way they are wanting to do it it may even very well put this website out.

MtGun44
06-07-2015, 10:58 AM
Pretty incredible.

Before I retired, I worked in industry where ITAR applied. Training is required to not run afoul
of this mindbogglingly complex set of rules.

I have had ITAR training, and ANYTHING that sends "technical data" outside the US borders on ITAR
controlled items has been deemed to "be an export". We were super careful about ANY sort of information
associated with our work products. Seems like a big stretch, BUT bureaucrats LIVE to control, and they want
their slimy fingers controlling EVERYTHING.

This needs to be stopped by clear Congressional reaction.

Bill

TXGunNut
06-07-2015, 11:15 AM
I realize my naivete' is showing but I'm quite weary of these agencies legislating instead of regulating. I realize the line is blurry and in danger of vanishing altogether but the possibilities are indeed scary.

Pipefitter
06-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Would this include machinist teaching materials as well?

How to cut threads on a lathe? How to use simple hand tools to work wood? (gunstocks?)

Bad Water Bill
06-07-2015, 04:48 PM
With this administration you can bet they will twist it any way they want and congress will never say a thing.

They started by APPOINTING czars instead of having congress qualify and approve THEIR selection as the law reads.

No one said a word then, giving B H O a green light to run wild.

shooter93
06-07-2015, 06:49 PM
The reason no one says anything Bill is because the other side wants that same power and control over the populace.

Hickory
06-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Before zero is out of office there will be a major gun law put in place, that can never be reversed.
More than likely, through the UN or through a treaty. The PPT or PTT, treaty whatever it is, that zero is pushing (and won't tell what's in it) comes to mind.
And congress will do nothing.

Bad Water Bill
06-07-2015, 08:03 PM
In order for ANY treaty to be binding it would require a 2/3 vote from the U S Senate and I doubt that will ever happen.

Hickory
06-07-2015, 08:06 PM
In order for ANY treaty to be binding it would require a 2/3 vote from the U S Senate and I doubt that will ever happen.
So the Constitution says.
But what does that mean to our dictator?

dtknowles
06-08-2015, 02:50 AM
Would this include machinist teaching materials as well?

How to cut threads on a lathe? How to use simple hand tools to work wood? (gunstocks?)

almost all that is in pubic domain and is legal to export.

Tim

MtGun44
06-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Public domain is only a relevant concept in intellectual property law. ITAR has
nothing whatsoever to do with IP law, it is export of "arms, arms information
and equipment". They could possibly try to make the case that almost any
manufacturing information could be used for weapons. So far, most ITAR is
fairly clearly weapons related, although some advanced technologies that
are useful for weapons do have other uses. It is a real quagmire out there.

44Vaquero
06-08-2015, 03:42 PM
This is no longer a "Tin-Foil Hat" scenario. If they choose to paint with a broad brush all they will need to do to enforce this policy is to threaten the ISP's and proof! It will all disappear in an instant! 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment, restraint of trade and knowledge be damned!

oldred
06-08-2015, 04:06 PM
This is no longer a "Tin-Foil Hat" scenario. If they choose to paint with a broad brush all they will need to do to enforce this policy is to threaten the ISP's and proof! It will all disappear in an instant! 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment, restraint of trade and knowledge be damned!

I have always been an outspoken criticizer of "tin-Foil-Hat" conspiracies because even discussing such non-sense can and does cause us harm, THIS however seems legit and anything but a silly conspiracy! Not sure what to make of it yet or what it's chances are but as the old saying goes "where there's smoke there's likely to be fire" and there sure seems to be a lot of smoke coming from this one, I first saw it on Fox but it has gotten mention from several of the "legit" media sources and definitely is not just an internet rumor!

thxmrgarand
06-09-2015, 03:46 PM
My only thought is that elections do matter. Today the news website Bloomberg.com is crowing about the Heller decision not actually stopping state and municipal governments from restricting gun rights. These people want our guns; there is no doubt about that. We need to support the NRA, work on political campaigns, register voters, and make sure gun owners are heard and represented. The reason I worked on the campaign (successful as it turned out) to unseat a Democrat US Senator was that I didn't want the US Senate to be controlled by Harry Reid for the last 2 years of Obama. Democracy is not rule by the majority, it is rule by those who show up, and simply voting is not nearly enough and never has been.

Harter66
06-09-2015, 07:26 PM
I have caluses on my finger pads writing feels like a waste of time too. I've given up ,I'm sick of half............non answers that barely fit the questions asked and blatant disregard of statements . I probably have a 2 thumb drive file by now .

Every election there's "new hope"to "get a breather" the only thing that has changed in the last fifty years are the names at the top and the level of polite conversation. There is just the need to break our backs and force us into conformity . Why do you suppose that is ? I don't want to conform ! If I wanted to be like Europe I'd go there . Snap a line on the map from the western edge of NY to along the west side of DC and pen 1 in up the Pacific coastal range and throw them out of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Deport the population of places like Las Vegas and Austin TX . Problem solved in 10 yr they will have either killed each other to death or starved to death .

Write with a pen and paper ! Be read !

If that doesn't work , "adios we had a great run".

ol skool
06-09-2015, 09:36 PM
This is a small piece of what's been in the works for a long time. It's only the beginning, the Marxists are playing the long game and they're winning. All we do is bellyache when we loose yet another liberty. Point fingers and go, "but, but, but you can't do that, this is American" while they keep doing it. We have no long game. If you have time read...

http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/08/how-to-escape-the-age-of-mass-delusion/