PDA

View Full Version : How to find who is selling lead WW alloy here on the forum please?

Tallbald
06-06-2015, 11:36 PM
I've searched for a few screen names I've seen mentioned over time, but haven't been able to narrow things down to who consistently has clean WW alloy ingots ready for sale at a given time. Looking at the swapping section, I guess I'm just missing things. I really don't want to go the Ebay route just because I'd rather "keep it in the family" so to say. And traveling 30 miles round trip to buy mixed zinc and lead alloy WW if I can get them, then render them down into half what I weighed out is expensive. While I'm asking for advise, is buying say just 20 pounds at a time an acceptable way to go or is it best from most standpoints (postage, "if it fits it ships", availability etc) to seek more at a time? I'm trying to have a list on hand I can refer to in the future as needs arise. I already know about some of the big commercial vendors . I was hoping for information about some smaller folks. Thanks as always to everyone who offers guidance. Don

Sweetpea
06-07-2015, 01:22 AM
Get in touch with The Captain.

She can fix you up.

She will be listed under the Vendor Sponsors, and yes, larger orders bring down the cost, when you figure the cost of shipping.

scottfire1957
06-07-2015, 01:29 AM
I've searched for a few screen names I've seen mentioned over time, but haven't been able to narrow things down to who consistently has clean WW alloy ingots ready for sale at a given time. Looking at the swapping section, I guess I'm just missing things. I really don't want to go the Ebay route just because I'd rather "keep it in the family" so to say. And traveling 30 miles round trip to buy mixed zinc and lead alloy WW if I can get them, then render them down into half what I weighed out is expensive. While I'm asking for advise, is buying say just 20 pounds at a time an acceptable way to go or is it best from most standpoints (postage, "if it fits it ships", availability etc) to seek more at a time? I'm trying to have a list on hand I can refer to in the future as needs arise. I already know about some of the big commercial vendors . I was hoping for information about some smaller folks. Thanks as always to everyone who offers guidance. Don

Well. Really. Look in the "vendors" forum. Simple. Done.

Tatume
06-07-2015, 07:23 AM
There are some old threads on the partitioning of shipment responsibility that you might want to dig up too. Some people take the position that when they drop the box at the USPS, their responsibility ends. If you receive an empty box (it happens fairly often), you can take it up with the Post Office. Others take responsibility, and guarantee that you will receive you money's worth.

I've received empty boxes; the seller either refunded my money or sent another box. Those that send another box learn a valuable lesson about tape. You can see it by comparing the amount of tape on the two boxes. Once someone learns how to tape a box, he doesn't have any more problems. I've since graduated from buyer to seller. Although I don't have any for sale right now, you can bet that my boxes arrive intact (I guarantee it).

Take care, Tom

MBTcustom
06-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Better read the end of this thread:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?63886-Lead-Ingots-For-Sale-Buyer-s-Choice/page41
She's a go getter for sure!!!

Tallbald
06-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Thank you. I knew about the vendor section but thought it was the domain of big retailers exclusively, like Midway. I honestly didn't think the size of vendor I was searching for would be in that section. May sound foolish but that's what my reasoning was. Thanks again. Don.

gray wolf
06-07-2015, 11:36 AM
I can't say enough good about some of the venders.

They are a great bunch of folks.

Sam

Tallbald
06-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Sam I agree that the listed vendors seem great. I appreciate them being here, even though, because of limited finances I cannot buy often. Don.