PDA

View Full Version : BE-86 and 327 Federal

dilly
06-03-2015, 01:17 PM
If BE-86 is supposed to be between Power Pistol and Unique, I would think it ought to work reasonably well in 327 FM.
Does anyone have any load data?

Also, how is BE-86 at reduced loads? Can I throw 2.7gr in a case for light and easy loads like you can with Unique?

Thanks in advance for your help. There isn't a lot of information or experience out for this powder yet, and the caliber is a bit of an oddball too.

runfiverun
06-04-2015, 11:11 AM
I have been gathering all the information I can on this powder read all the published [book] and made-up from scratch data I have seen.
I really think you would be just fine using data for Unique to get started with.
BE-86 falls in between unique and Herco [same as power pistol does] but it seems to flip flop back and forth between the two. [depending on bullet weight and case size]
I haven't seen any data showing it to be faster than unique, and no data showing it slower than Herco in any application.

in this case I'd use the faster powders data where no published data exists.

scottfire1957
06-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Make a phonecall to Alliant and speak to someone?

dilly
06-05-2015, 09:38 AM
I emailed them and they were tight lipped. No suggestions, recommendations or insights, just a robotic "There has been no tested data."