PDA

View Full Version : CZ70 in 7.65mm

BLTsandwedge
05-31-2015, 08:29 PM
I'm annoyed with myself for not asking this board earlier.

I've a CZ70 chambered in 7.65mm (.32 Auto). As you know, this gun was made in the former Czech Republic. It will not feed any brass other than S&B...uberaschung! Surprise!

When I compare an S&B case to an R-P case, there's a real difference in the cartridge heel (extractor groove)- the S&B is quite enhanced. This makes stacking in the magazine different. The short- I can get five R-P (or whatever) cases to stack and feed through the CZ70. Any more, the pistol will jam, regardless of the bullet/boolit type or COAL/loaded diameter. If I use S&B brass, I can get the maximum out of the pistol i.e. nine rounds in the magazine and 1 chambered. A 10 round .32 of this size is a handy device- no feed problems at all with the food it was designed to eat. The brass is so different it doesn't matter the COAL (much) or the case diameter when loaded with a standard .311 dia. Lyman LRN.

Check out the differences between the S&B case profile and that of an R-P, W-W or whatever. They're surprisingly different. The big question...and I think I already know the answer....is there any other brass that will feed properly in this little Czech PPK clone?

Outpost75
05-31-2015, 08:37 PM
RWS, Geco, Fiocchi or Gevelot should all work, as should any Euro loads manufactured to the CIP standards.

rond
06-01-2015, 08:41 AM
I got a deal a few years back on 1000 Remington primed 32 ACP brass and have had no problems with it in my CZ 50 or 70. I have used cast, FMJ and HP bullets.