PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Deed

2wheelDuke
05-26-2015, 03:58 PM
My local range/gun club, the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club seems to have suffered a lightning strike recently. The phone and answering machine were fried, along with the electric gate mechanisms. Sunday night, I noticed that the solar flag pole light bit the dust as well.

There's street lights in the area, but it just wasn't right to not have a light on the flag. I happened to have an LED landscape light at home that I'd been meaning to get around to trenching in so I can keep a flag up 24 hours of the day at home.

So that was my deed for Memorial Day, to make sure that the colors were properly represented after sunset for those that gave all in her defense.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n73/2wheelduke/flagpole%20LED%20fix_zpsrafvubgu.jpg

lightman
05-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Good Job, that was very thoughtful of you.

duckey
05-26-2015, 09:16 PM
Right on! My wife and I took our 7 and 5 year old sons to a memorial park (cemetary) near our house and we walked through it and explained what memorial day was all about and also what all (hundreds) of the small American flags represented on each head stone.

smoked turkey
05-26-2015, 09:43 PM
Very well done!

leeggen
05-26-2015, 10:04 PM
She sure looks proud up there! nice job and a hand salute to you.
CD