PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Range in southern Maine?

BD
05-25-2015, 06:31 PM
I would love to have access to a rifle range in the Portland/Freeport area around mid day next Sunday for about 20 rounds of .270 WSM over a chronograph. My daughter is getting married in Gray, (Who Hoo!), and the family is gathering, including my nephew from CO Springs. He's sent me fired brass and I've talked his father into bringing his rifle along so we can do some preliminary load work. Wedding is Saturday, and the nephew is leaving for PA Sunday night, (where our parents live), and I'm trying to avoid the 6 hour round trip back up to my local range for 20 shots. He's a good kid who wants to hunt, but both his parents are yuppie college professors who have a hard time understanding "true" priorities. Any help will be appreciated!

Yodogsandman
05-25-2015, 11:16 PM
http://www.yellowpages.com/portland-me/shooting-range

Falmouth, ME looks good.

jrayborn
05-26-2015, 05:39 AM
I have taken classes at Falmouth and it was nice. Scarborough is very nice (fancy really) and classes there were good too. Unfortunately I don't know a member of either range that might help you out. I would start with Falmouth.

One thing you might consider, give the folks at Weaponcraft a call. They have a new outdoor range and indoor range. If they can't help you they would know who could I bet. (207) 553-2266

Good luck!

duckey
05-26-2015, 06:40 AM
Both Scarborough and Falmouth are nice. Scarborough updated their rifle range a handful of years ago.