PDA

View Full Version : A first for the matches at Camp Perry this year

country gent
05-24-2015, 08:02 PM
Was talking to a good friend I shot Srevice rifle matches with for many many years today at the club. We were talking and I remarked that I was surprised to see him this weekend as it was memorial day weekend. Has always been for 35-40 tears Memorial day weekend was a leg regional and team matches. He told me base only was supporting 4 days of matches this year used to be almost every other weekend in the past. The Bob Wright Memorial long range is going to be held in medina ohio another first ever. Wondering if this is a precusser to whats coming. This used to be a big weekend for Camp Perry. I didnt think to ask but I think they dropped the "beginneers" weekend also. Unclassified shooters only. 4 hours classroom instruction and a 4 hour practice saturday and a 50 round team match on sunday. Rifles and ammo were supplied for competitors. Garands from the armory and M16s from National gaurd for smaller shooters.

jcwit
05-24-2015, 09:37 PM
NRA National Small Bore Matches have been in Bristol, Indiana now for 3 years.

mark2935
05-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Hey Gent. If you come down to Medina, shoot me a message. We'll meet up. B.T.W. I want to be at Camp Perry on 7/17 for the vintage sniper rifle match. Any one else interested?

Mark2935

country gent
05-27-2015, 08:29 PM
DUe to health issues I have a hard time getting around now. I do shoot some BPCR shillouette ( numbness here is a big plus with the recoil LOL) I shoot with several from that area though. I shot on the orpar adult team for many years my wife helped Bard and carol with the matches for a few years and strated to compete with us also.