PDA

View Full Version : Another Google / Gmail account using my personal email

ohland
05-20-2015, 10:45 AM
BLUF: Anybody with a Google or Gmail tech support number? Everything is FAQ or Forum based, and my searches haven't turned up how to report a probable bogus account. No blasted phone numbers or email contacts that I can see. Reminds me somewhat of fleabay...

Things may be a bit bouncy, here. Either an old (ten year??) account has been hijacked, or a new Google account was created. BUT Google notified me that it was a Chrome system, which I have NEVER used, installed, or futzed with. In short, bogus.

BUT... I can't access it (duh!), I have no clue when it was created, or what the person in California is up to.

My Gmail account has a very different name and I had to get it to get Android apps... That Gmail account is working fine, I signed in today.

This is reminicent of when someone created an Apple store account with an old CC number and the tech help was CLUELESS that since I didn't create the account, I could not sign in... Thankfully, USAA took care of the bogus charges. My attempt to notify Apple was an utter waste of time...

So in short, I do not want to sell you all male enhancement drugs, time shares, cheap Canadian drugs, engage in illegal activities, ask for help paying off debts in a foreign country so I can leave, just NOTHING...

If something odd does hit your inbox, send me a PM.

Smile, we're all in this together!

montana_charlie
05-20-2015, 01:02 PM
BLUF: Anybody with a Google or Gmail tech support number? Everything is FAQ or Forum based, and my searches haven't turned up how to report a probable bogus account. No blasted phone numbers or email contacts that I can see. Reminds me somewhat of fleabay...
This isn't exactly what you asked for, but ...
Goto your Gmail inbox.
Click on Settings.
Click on Send Feedback.

(the Google homepage also has a 'send feedback' in the 'settings' menu.)

It may not stir their juices in the manner that you want, but it IS a way to say something to them ... and might prompt a reaction that leads to what you need.

tryNto
05-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Have you run extra Mal-ware, virus, Trojan type software cleaner on your system to look for an intrusion?

ohland
05-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Have you run extra Mal-ware, virus, Trojan type software cleaner on your system to look for an intrusion?

My system here does not even have the Chrome instal package on it. Plus, Google says the IP is in CA.

Yes, I do have Malwarbytes AV, nothing found.

aspangler
05-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Try this. I just googled "Contact Google" and this link came up. Hope it helps.

https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/contact/

ohland
05-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Try this. I just googled "Contact Google" and this link came up. Hope it helps.

https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/contact/

Well, I tried the feedback link on some of the FAQ questions. Tomorrow I'll call and see if anyone can see that this actively used account can be used for phishing, social engineering, spiced meat, or god alone knows what someone has thought up now...

snuffy
05-20-2015, 06:13 PM
Well maybe if you DIDN'T post 3-6 NEW posts each day here, you wouldn't be getting hacked??:hijack:8-)

ohland
05-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Well maybe if you DIDN'T post 3-6 NEW posts each day here, you wouldn't be getting hacked??:hijack:8-)

So I'm a hijacker? What is my ransom demand? A million dollars and the letter "M" removed from the english alphabet?

I had more accounts on other forums, but having too many accounts means you WILL forget them.

MaryB
05-20-2015, 11:37 PM
I would like to see the email header, probably spoofing the gmail account but it is actually a different account completely. Fairly common, had one use mine to send email to myself. I marked it as phishing and google took care of it