PDA

View Full Version : Lymann Sizer Issue

eagle-man
05-19-2015, 04:20 PM
So I was sizing a bunch of 45 boolits the other day when I started to get a little wax pad or pill on the bottom of each boolit. It is about 1/8" thick or more. I checked the depth that the boolit was able to go in the sizer and it was going down to the second hole on the sizer. I tried to adjust the base of the sizer die to not go down as far, but it was adjusted all the way up.

I previously had it adjusted to stop with the wax groove at the first hole and the base of the sizing die doesn't go down to the second hold on the sizer. I am thinking that I may have broken a couple threads off of the adjusting screw that the push rod goes thru? What might be causing this?

pjames32
05-19-2015, 05:53 PM
You might add a nut to the top of the adjustment collar. I had to do that with a 41 SWC on my RCBS sizer. That will gain you 1/4" of up adjustment.
PJ

Guesser
05-19-2015, 08:32 PM
I did the same, took it apart and moved the lock nut to the top of the frame.

Yodogsandman
05-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Too much pressure on the lube in the reservoir? Soft lube? Too much heat? Try to keep from turning the reservoir handle so much, maybe only turning it after running 3 or 4 boolits through it instead of each one.

Echo
05-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Too much pressure on the lube in the reservoir? Soft lube? Too much heat? Try to keep from turning the reservoir handle so much, maybe only turning it after running 3 or 4 boolits through it instead of each one.
Or else just give the reservoir handle a nudge, rather than a crank - practice will show you how much of a nudge is sufficient to inject the loob into the groove.