PDA

View Full Version : Local Gun Show

Uncle Jimbo
05-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Went to a gun show yesterday. First one in a long time. Only reason I went was I got free admission tickets and a free box of .22 ammo. Had no expectations, so I wasn't disappointed. Prices way over real value and if you are not into para military stuff, not much to see or buy. And when did jewelry, cheap swords, cheap knives, jerky, breads and remote helicopters become part of "Gun" shows. I do know that it will be a long time before I go to another one.

Boolit_Head
05-17-2015, 04:42 PM
I just went to one yesterday.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?278298-So-I-went-to-the-gun-show-yesterday&p=3252701&viewfull=1#post3252701

Ithaca Gunner
05-17-2015, 08:48 PM
I haven't been to one in years, I don't miss them.

Frank46
05-17-2015, 11:07 PM
Down here we've always had beef jerky, fancy candles, swords and stuff. Since the places that have had gun shows next town over has changed as they just don't have the room that the other two locations had. Gun show on saturday is like bargain day at wal mart. Sunday is somewhat better.

captaint
05-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Haven't been to a show in, probably 4 years, and I DO miss them. Always got my primers & powder at the shows. Now, why pay admission and find NO powder ?? No pistol powder, anyway..

kungfustyle
05-18-2015, 08:59 AM
I don't get gun shows either. They are over priced and they want to give you $200 to $300 under what your gun is valued at. If you buy something most are dealers and you have to pay sales tax and $10 to get in the door. That's why Budsgunshop is hard to beat. Down here even local pawn shops have their heads up their ....

Hardcast416taylor
05-18-2015, 08:50 PM
On my way OUT of the last gun show that I have attended in probably 6 years, I stopped to look at a pile of Victorinox Swiss army knives. I did spot an item that was a seldom seen color knife in excellent condition for a low price. Haven`t attended that show since then, and probably won`t.Robert

andremajic
05-18-2015, 08:57 PM
Only reason to go is if you have something to sell. I used to go because there was ONE table that always had good stuff. (Old gun parts, gunstocks, reloading dies and brass, etc.)