PDA

View Full Version : Old retrobate scored on TCR 32-40 barrel

ohland
05-16-2015, 03:24 PM
At the Monroe gun show today, and leave it to the OR to root out something good. A near-new condition 32-40 Winchester barrel for the TCR rifle.... Seller had a near-new in box TCR, looked suweet, high gloss finish, it jist sparkled....

OR was not interested in the 7mm Rem Mag barrel, however...

PS. Little hard to have a NIB rifle from the 90s... Maybe Old In Box?

shooter93
05-16-2015, 06:26 PM
I think maybe as young men most shooters were recoil junkies. A need perhaps to show what a tough guy we are. Then comes age and wisdom.....smiles......shooting is supposed to be fun. Getting the daylights beat out of you isn't fun. I've fired so many different calibers right up to the 600 nitro and full bore 460 Weatherby loads. I could still do it I think but have no desire to. I have a couple big boomers one being a 450/400 3-1/4 inch double rifle. I shoot it some but always take a milder shooting gun along and shoot it mostly and take a few out of the double rifle.

One night in the chat room me and another member were discussing the 38-55. A young man asked what a 38-55 was. I told him.....what you will be shooting in 30 or 40 years.....smiles.

MaryB
05-16-2015, 10:52 PM
LGS owner invited me to shoot his .50 pistol. I looked at the barrel and said nope, no way, I like my wrist as it is... pass on heavy recoil. I get beat up bad enough before deer season firing a box of slugs for the 12 gauge to check sighting