PDA

View Full Version : Total loss house fire, prayers and donations appreciated.

Bazoo
05-14-2015, 10:31 AM
Saturday evening May 9, 2015 I lost most of what i owned in a house fire. I lived in the apartment above Lord company, 103 methodist street cecilia ky 42724. My Name is John Miron II. I worked downstairs in the wood shop. I worked there since i was 16, 31 now, and i lived upstairs in the apartment about 4 years.

I was able to save my carry gun which i was wearing, the dogs, cat and the truck. Wife saved her purse with her carry gun. Lost all my personal tools, all my casting and reloading gear. All my personal goodies of course, but we've had a lot of donations of various house items, clothes and such. Im borrowing a computer from a friend, they may give it to me. Me the wife, dogs and cat are at moms house now. Its a touch inconvenient for us, but we love each other and are making it work for now.

The owner of lord co, Richard Hundley, is not going to rebuild to continue manufacture of the products I was employed to make. However, If i am able to come up with all the tools, he will buy the products from me ready to ship. A friend is loaning me a garage to work in until i can build my own building there at moms place. I need all sorts of tools, from a table saw to clamps and hand tools. I will most likely be able to exchange some of my craftsman sockets and wrenches. Of course we didnt have any insurance.

If anyone is willing and able, id be very appreciative of any donations to help us rebuild. Money, gift cards to walmart, lowes/home depot would be cool, reloading and casting gear would be cool. Anything anyone wants to help with is appreciated.

Prayers are much appreciated as well.

John Miron
2377 Horn Road
Cecilia, ky 42724

270-862-3135

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/fire-destroys-cecilia-building

http://lordequip.com/

http://www.gofundme.com/ueauv6p

http://www.wave3.com/story/29023387/fire-crews-on-scene-at-furniture-store-in-cecilia

GhostHawk
05-15-2015, 07:40 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Bazoo
05-15-2015, 02:52 PM
Thank you.

jcren
05-15-2015, 03:36 PM
My greatest fear is fire, prayers for you and yours.

Artful
05-15-2015, 04:13 PM
Sorry for your loss, what kind of tools do you need to make what product?

Bazoo
05-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Thank you for the prayers. The product is school furniture. So i need woodworking tools. Tools i need are big tools like table saw, drill press, radial arm saw and small tools like clamps, plane, drill bits, drill, router, files, rasp, drawknife, squares, angle gauge, sanders, sand paper, etc.

Bazoo
06-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Howdy, Been a while since i had the time to think about guns. I got my wood shop up and running. I had 2 guitars given to me by friends, one of them, a taylor. The taylor got traded for a winchester 94. So, now i'll have to pick up all the loading and casting stuff to get going again. Thanks for everyones concerns.

bdicki
06-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Howdy, Been a while since i had the time to think about guns. I got my wood shop up and running. I had 2 guitars given to me by friends, one of them, a taylor. The taylor got traded for a winchester 94. So, now i'll have to pick up all the loading and casting stuff to get going again. Thanks for everyones concerns.

What do you need for the 94, I assume it's a 30-30.

Bazoo
07-01-2015, 07:35 PM
What do you need for the 94, I assume it's a 30-30.

It is a 30-30.

What do i need for the 94? Well, the only reloading or casting gear i have acquired so far is a lee auto prime. So i need everything else to cast and load.

knfmn
07-01-2015, 08:55 PM
John,

Would you be able to use a few 30-30 cases and a Lee loader for the model 94?

bdicki
07-01-2015, 09:09 PM
I have a mold, some brass, some 2.2, 2.2, 95.3 alloy. I'll look around for some other stuff. PM your address.

Bazoo
07-01-2015, 09:39 PM
John,

Would you be able to use a few 30-30 cases and a Lee loader for the model 94?

Yes, i would much appreciate that. I was looking at maybe getting the lee loader. I dont mind doing things the slow way for a spell until i can get better going. The cost of 30-30 shells is so high though that I cant afford to shoot unless im able to get the loading stuff.

Bazoo
07-01-2015, 09:55 PM
I have a mold, some brass, some 2.2, 2.2, 95.3 alloy. I'll look around for some other stuff. PM your address. Thank you very much. Wont take very many more things and i can load and get my mind off some of this crazy stuff.

Bazoo
07-01-2015, 09:59 PM
I forgot to mention in my update, i totaled my truck too. It was ruled my fault. So, I do much appreciate anything folks are willing to give because loading and casting are kind of on the back burner and i cant sink a lot of money into it. Ive got no problems going minimalist with it.

knfmn
07-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Yes, i would much appreciate that. I was looking at maybe getting the lee loader. I dont mind doing things the slow way for a spell until i can get better going. The cost of 30-30 shells is so high though that I cant afford to shoot unless im able to get the loading stuff.
Ok, the Lee Loader was ordered and will be there on Monday. I can't guarantee the same about the brass. :) I'm going to try to get over to the post office and get a SFRB tomorrow am and get it in the mail.

Bazoo
07-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Ok, the Lee Loader was ordered and will be there on Monday. I can't guarantee the same about the brass. :) I'm going to try to get over to the post office and get a SFRB tomorrow am and get it in the mail. I really appreciate it.

bdicki
07-02-2015, 10:20 PM
The mold is a Lee 90366 150 grain with a flat point, it's a gas check mold so I'll put some checks in the box. I wanted to check it so I cast a few to be sure the mold was OK. I added the checks and powder coated them, then sized to .310. So I have the mold, some brass, alloy, gas checks, a stick of carnauba red and a few boolits. I'll try to get it in the mail tomorrow.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t182/bdicki/IMG_0683_zpssftyjufj.jpg

Bazoo
07-03-2015, 07:12 PM
bdicki, Thank you greatly for that. It will really get me going.

knfmn, I received the lee loader today. I thank you for it. With yours and bdicki's kindness i'll be able to load with very little investment. I appreciate it on both accounts.

Loading and casting was just as large a hobby as firearms and gun trading before the fire. Course now i cant spend a lot of money on those hobbies, but with the winchester, and these things, I'll be able to keep doing what i really love and get my mind off of all the things thats been happening.

bdicki
07-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Box was shipped yesterday.

Bad Water Bill
07-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Well if you are still interested I can probably fit 100 range pickup (yes just before opening day so safe to say once fired) 30-30 brass and possibly 2# of WW ingots and 1 of Lino in a SFRB and send it off Monday if it will help.

Bazoo
07-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Well if you are still interested I can probably fit 100 range pickup (yes just before opening day so safe to say once fired) 30-30 brass and possibly 2# of WW ingots and 1 of Lino in a SFRB and send it off Monday if it will help. I could definitely use it. I am very appreciative of it. Not sure how much brass others are sending me, but that will round me out so i have more than enough for my needs.

Bazoo
07-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Well, I talked to badwaterbill on the phone earlier, he seems like a real nice old coot!

Bazoo
07-06-2015, 07:14 PM
bdicki, i received the package today. Thank you.

Bad Water Bill
07-07-2015, 03:45 PM
old coot!

I'll hav U no I ain't a da ovr 180 yers yung,U wipper snapr.[smilie=s:

Bazoo
07-07-2015, 08:21 PM
:bigsmyl2:

shoot-n-lead
07-08-2015, 12:19 AM
I have an extra RCBS powder trickler that I can send your way, if you need it. Might be useful in getting the exact powder loads for the 94.

Bazoo
07-09-2015, 10:35 PM
I have an extra RCBS powder trickler that I can send your way, if you need it. Might be useful in getting the exact powder loads for the 94.
That would be great. I appreciate it a lot. I havent picked one up yet. I got a casting pot the other day, and a manual

xbeeman412
07-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Let Me know what U are still in need of .. like scales, powder throw, press ect.

knfmn
07-11-2015, 09:39 AM
Ok, I *finally* got the brass boxed up today! It's not much, and by not much, I mean 23 pieces of range pick up. I'm pretty sure it's once fired. I'll drop it in the mail on my way in to work this morning.

Bazoo
07-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Ok, I *finally* got the brass boxed up today! It's not much, and by not much, I mean 23 pieces of range pick up. I'm pretty sure it's once fired. I'll drop it in the mail on my way in to work this morning. I appreciate it. Its a start, with this and what others have sent me, it will be enough for a good while. No big rush I understand how things go sometimes.

Bazoo
07-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Let Me know what U are still in need of .. like scales, powder throw, press ect. I do need a scale. For immediate loading with the lee loader, i need a scale, calipers,and soon, a case trimmer and deburr/chamfer tool. A powder measure would be good to have. I dont have a press, and will need one so i can start loading for the pistols we saved. 45, 38/357, and 380acp are the calibers for those. Course i'll need dies. I plan to cast for all of them, and will use the lee bullet sizing dies.

I had a just a basic loading setup before, single stage press, lee powder measure, used dies. Nothing fancy, except i had an ohaus 10-10 scale, but i am content with anything provided it works.

xbeeman412
07-11-2015, 05:39 PM
We leave in the morning for the other farm an wont be back tell mid week will put a package with all I can for U then. I think I can fill everything except the 380 dies.

Will fill the extra empty space with 45 and 357 brass befor shipping.

Bazoo
07-11-2015, 05:53 PM
We leave in the morning for the other farm an wont be back tell mid week will put a package with all I can for U then. I think I can fill everything except the 380 dies.

Will fill the extra empty space with 45 and 357 brass befor shipping.

That would be a real blessing. I dont know what to think. Thank you greatly.

xbeeman412
07-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Glad to help if I can

Bazoo
07-14-2015, 11:44 PM
I appreciate everyones help very much. It has brought tears to my eyes a couple times. I finally am back to doing what i love. I chased down powder, primer, and few jacketed bullets already for the 30wcf.

Bazoo
07-17-2015, 06:32 PM
Well i made some rounds with the lee loader, just 10. I had misfires. Looked like i didnt seat the primer enough as it was a light strike and another hit or 2 on the primer set the round off. Having never used the lee loader, i wasnt sure how hard to hit it. Will give it another go though soon.

BrassMagnet
07-17-2015, 07:43 PM
Well i made some rounds with the lee loader, just 10. I had misfires. Looked like i didnt seat the primer enough as it was a light strike and another hit or 2 on the primer set the round off. Having never used the lee loader, i wasnt sure how hard to hit it. Will give it another go though soon.

Primers should always be seated flush or slightly below flush.

Bazoo
07-17-2015, 08:21 PM
Primers should always be seated flush or slightly below flush. I know. They all were flush, or below, the below flush ones is the ones that im thinking went off first try. I was scared of whacking them too hard with the tool, as it was my first time using the lee loader. I liked it though, once i get the hang of it, it'll be a neat thing to keep in a pack for hunting or whatever.

xbeeman412
07-19-2015, 10:00 PM
Care package all wrapted up and will be dropped off at the Postoffice tomorrow. Be safe with all Your reloading.

Bazoo
07-19-2015, 10:15 PM
Care package all wrapted up and will be dropped off at the Postoffice tomorrow. Be safe with all Your reloading.
I appreciate it very much, and I will be careful, as always.

Bazoo
09-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Thanks again to all those that have helped me get back reloading. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.

Ric-san
11-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Sorry to hear of this...hope you both get on your feet soon enough...

Bazoo
11-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Thanks Ric-san. Im doing okay now. I have a shop going pretty good now, and making money and buying loading stuff.

Bazoo
12-20-2015, 08:12 PM
I appreciate again all the help i've received. Between the help getting started again, and sinking any extra money into loading stuff (my wife sees the importance of this), i've pretty much got a good setup. Just missing a few odds and ends, But i have enough to load at present.

Been thinking about it all, and just wanted to say thanks again to all those who've helped, prayed and sent thoughts my way.

warpspeed
12-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Just missing a few odds and ends

What are you missing?

Bazoo
12-20-2015, 09:18 PM
What are you missing?

I still need a powder measure. I'd be content with a lee. I need, 380 dies. 358 lee bullet sizer. 38 brass. 380 brass. Need a set of lyman small handles as I picked up a 358156. Need some kind of mold for 380 and 45 auto. 30 and 35 gas checks. Beeswax for lube. Primer tray. Ingot mould. Tumbler.

I think it was xbeeman412 that sent me a measure. I lost track of who sent what. It was an old ohaus, I contacted them, and couldnt get the parts need for it.

Thats about all I can think of that i still need.

Bazoo
09-15-2016, 08:55 PM
Thanks for all those that helped with prayers and a gear. Im doing good now with reloading, and with work and life. God has helped me through the hardest thing I've went through yet, and I wouldnt be nearly as good with the reloading gear if it wasnt for the generosity of the kind folks here.