PDA

View Full Version : Proud Dad.

rockrat
05-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Kid has been complaining about her college classes this semester and might not be able to graduate due to poor grades. Would have to take Summer classes for enough hours to finish.

Get a phone call that she will graduate with honors!!!

Had me concerned for awhile!!!

Proud Dad here :) :).

Even better, she already has a job offer!!

pworley1
05-05-2015, 09:36 PM
You should be proud and so should she.

Snow ninja
05-05-2015, 10:45 PM
That's great news! Especially the job offer, those are hard to come by these days unfortunately. I'm just glad my son's having a good 6th grade year, can't imagine how I'm going to be once he goes to college...

Bzcraig
05-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Proud indeed! Are you sure she wasn't setting you up?

BwBrown
05-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Congratulations! I love watching kids grow up, spent much of my career working with youth.

My own son will be officially awarded his PHD degree in Medicinal Bio-Chemistry on Friday. We are proud, to say the least.

Only down side - Saturday we're packing things up so he and his wife can come home to roost - no job offers yet. His goal has been to teach, but most colleges and universities seem to be tightening their rosters. Still will be a proud day!

rockrat
05-06-2015, 12:24 PM
bzcraig---don't think she was setting me up, as she came home crying about her classes. But, it won't be the first time she has complained about her "bad" grades, then pulls out a really good grade. Think she kind of loafs along and when she finds out she might get a bad grade, THEN she buckles down and studies.

BwBrown---congradulations to your son getting his degree. Not an easy one to come by.

nagantguy
05-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Good for her, good on you, ya obviously taught her to stick it out not to quit and to see thing through.

Harter66
05-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Congrats to both of you and your kids.

MrWolf
05-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Congrats! My daughter graduated last year and moved to Philly and my son graduates next year. Nice she has a job waiting!

DoubleAdobe
05-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Tell her good job and you should be congratulated as well.

jcwit
05-06-2015, 05:02 PM
rockrat, congrats to you and your daughter. Best wishes to her future.

Bzcraig
05-06-2015, 07:13 PM
bzcraig---don't think she was setting me up, as she came home crying about her classes. But, it won't be the first time she has complained about her "bad" grades, then pulls out a really good grade. Think she kind of loafs along and when she finds out she might get a bad grade, THEN she buckles down

Wow, that she is capable of that level of discipline sure speaks to some good upbringing! I'm sure she will continue to make you a proud father.

Hardcast416taylor
05-06-2015, 08:26 PM
GOOD FOR HER!! I can tell that you are taking this news modestly. My eldest Granddaughter graduates this Sat. in Va with a Bachelor of Science and a minor in languages. She has a job with a law firm in DC as we speak.Robert

Wayne Smith
05-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Congratulations to both of you. Hope the job offer doesn't take her too far away. Our eldest is finishing his second MA (MDiv first) this one is comparative ethics (Eastern and Western) and is applying for PhD programs all over the world, including the University of Singapore and Edinborough, Scotland!