PDA

View Full Version : A great Vaca.

Harter66
05-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Well not a typical vacation, but then I don't really do normal so it works for me .

On our way to the hog ranch I took advantage of an invitation to visit a member about 50 miles out of route (80 miles total isn't much on a 3300 trip) . I have to say Ranch Dog has an amazing place and was a great host in spite of the short 3hr visit .

It was our annual trip to harass the hogs in Tx . This year was a little more special for me than the past trips . This trip included my Ms and lifetime friend and a guy from my fireman days and his dad as usual but my daughter joined us this year and brought along her Marine . He is a total city boy . He's 30 something and never been hunting before . As a trained Marine he had a little trouble with having only 20 rounds to hunt 3 days and kill maybe 4 hogs and check sights. With that resolved he and my daughter took 3 between them and he is hooked on the whole package .

Since my daughter has always been a hunter and her man is now hooked I will get to have Christmas with them and my new (and only) grandson,as long as we can work in a hunting trip or 2 . The ducks and geese should be thick here as the usual ponds and lakes have dried up all ready and dwindled to about 25% of count and less than half of surface everywhere within 100 miles,this should be a shoe in.

I have some more pictures but they seem to be in the other phone.

MrWolf
05-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Sounds like a great time. Congrats on getting another hunting buddy!

Harter66
05-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Now you have a face to go with Ranch Dog too.

runfiverun
05-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Michael is the one on the left.

Harter66
05-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Probably should have mentioned that. .....

DoubleAdobe
05-06-2015, 04:38 PM
I thought you were going to tell about a legendary cow, too close to the border I guess, haha.

Harter66
05-06-2015, 09:10 PM
No no cow stories . I must say that I am a little dismayed about the gas prices . I filled the truck a couple of days before I left at $2.63 . At the 1st gas stop it was 2.45 which was the normal for most of Az at the 2nd fuel stop in Tucson it was just 2.25 which was about what we paid all the way to San Antonio and back to Tucson where we topped at 2.17 6 days later . I filled an extra 25 gallons of cans in El Paso at 2.27 because at home where just 6 days before gas was 2.63 it was 2.89 and in Smallville it was 3.09 -3.59 . For those in the western 7 with Maverick stations and others that might have station debit cards with discounts use them every chance you have . Maverick does a points for stuff thing and .06 per gal of the lowest local price ,I've had as much as .40 off the posted price. Not long before we left we cashed out our points for cash cards . We filled up in Kingman with all but $5 on the cash cards . Short version is that while I will eventually have to pay the higher rate the 40 or so gallons ,compared to home prices , are free . Of course I had to buy gas and save points for 2 years and take a 3700 mile road trip to get it.