PDA

View Full Version : 44magnum farting fun

49FMarlin
05-04-2015, 12:21 PM
OH GAWD FRIGGEN FUN,
Pistol has a rifle scope with a Bipod, i rest it on the picnic table and the butt on my left fist,

OK so, after pestering you all for days, and a thanks to Lonegun for helping me understand the download
I took
44mag brass,
260grain cast boolit aprox BHN12 ---that a friend gave me, to try out, --thanks Yodogsandman

started with 7 grains of Unique and Bulleye loading 1 of each,
Unique shot dirty
Bullseye shot clean,

next jumped down to 6 grains, (yes i know thats bad to do,, but saw others had started or used that load,)
1 of each
unique shot dirty
Bullseye shot clean

next i went down at .2 grain incriments,

same old same old until i hit 2.4 grains
Noise was like a 22LR little louder but a dull boom,
gun boom then thwaaP as it hits the 10 leaning 3/4 sat out for a year particle board 4x2 sheets, I'm using as a backstop in front of a big berm
then i see all these little round black disks all over the brand new picnic table, after running the cleaning rod through the barrel,
big disks,
STOPPED loading Unique, its not burning but being blown down the barrel why?
bullseye quieter than unique

also hitting dead on my aim mark at 30 yards,

loading Bullseye
at 2.0 still no drop, no powder flakes,
at 1.8 2 inch drop, no flakes, but getting dirty
at 1.6 more drop
at 1.3 5 inch drop gun boom ---wait-waaaait--TWAAACKK
at 1.3 the bullet is punching through 3 sheets of 3/4 still going to where i aim them other than the drop,
primers show no signs of backing out, cases are black, but my store bought cowboy rounds were black also

all drops were aproximent as i didn't have my tape on me,
ill be doing this again when i get my own mold but the drops were nothing i can't compensate for on my scope,

BUT the boolits are still intact, no mushroom defiantly fill in the grooves/rifling, tips showing no distress,
and they are not going in sideways,
i think i need a softer boolit,
but fun shooting a big ol wad of lead and hearing it hit after the gun boom, its gotta be able to give some tree rat a wicked headache,

gonna get some round balls next,,:D

I've got one case i forgot to put the powder in, crimped with a boolit so tempted to fire it,

all in all a FUN MORNING,
but not a tree rat to be seen

Yodogsandman
05-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Wow! I'm surprised you didn't have to size them down. Glad you can reclaim the lead, too.

BTW, good thing you can shoot at home, people look at me funny when I giggle a little bit with each mousefart round I shoot at the range! It sure is FUN! They just don't understand!

Tatume
05-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Language? Family forum.