PDA

View Full Version : Old E-Bay Presses?? C-H press #7185783489

fiberoptik
10-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Old C-H Press on E-Bay
Here's the link Ebay #7185783489 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=7185783489)
It don't have a model name/#, but it's cast iron, not aluminum. 11 1/2 lbs!! What a guy really needs is for a mentor to come along in his area, and show him the ropes on his equipment. Maybe pass it along as he grows. Any reloaders without kids in my area with lodes of equipment, time & patience?? Maybe want to add me to their wills for the equipment?? If'n I only had a dad......... :-?

Oh, noob needs a press n stuff. I've only got dies so far, and 1 mould. Need the rest. What do every1 think? Or should I wait & get a Lee press? I don't like surprises...

kenjuudo
10-03-2005, 08:21 PM
You won't regret owning a Lee Classic cast iron press.

Sixgun Symphony
01-03-2006, 05:38 AM
The NRA can get you in touch with an instructor. Click on the link to the NRA in my signature line.

Swagerman
01-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Lee Classic turret press...4 holer...neato.

Jim

quasi
01-14-2006, 05:03 PM
if you want a great press, buy this, it is more than Lee crap, but it is a super press. I bought mine on the recomendation of Dean Grennell. Even Lee in his reloading book says Lee uses them for production work in their plant. He claims it is built 40 times stronger than it needs to be, which is probably true compared to lee aluminum crap.

http://www.ch4d.com/

Look in presses, champion.

Sixgun Symphony
01-17-2006, 03:47 AM
Quasi,

Your ignorance is showing. The Lee single stage presses are strong enough to get the job done.

Also check out the Classic Cast press from LEE, it compares favorably to the RCBS Rockchucker.

Char-Gar
01-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Now..now boys...let's dont bash Lee presses, although I would not have one in the house.

However a couple of thoughts on the subject at hand.

1. I don't know anything a mentor can do that cannot be learned by reading the Lyman reloading handbook. I am amazed at the newbies who come on line and ask the most basic questions. It seems that the younger generation doesn't like to or know how to do basic reading and research and want it spoon fed to them.

I try to be patient with them, but at times it is hard. They want somebody else to do their work and learning for them. Mentor..Shcmentor!

2. My vote for the best single stage press goes to the RCBS A2. This press is made from cast "steel" and not cast iron. The smoothness of operation and strength are truly wonderful. They show up on Ebay from time to time, but they will go for $200 - $300 and well worth the price.

quasi
01-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Actually, Mr. Grennell had an A-2, and bent the shell holder lips on the ram swaging bullets. He recomended the C-H heavyweight champ as a readily available stronger version of the A-2 and A-3 presses.

Ken O
01-31-2006, 10:10 PM
The winning bid on the C-H press in the above post was just $14.50! What a bargin.

Swagerman
02-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Are saying he got a C-H Heavyweight Champion press that sells today for over $260 for a mere $14.50?

Oh man, I've would have snatched it up used for $150 if in excellent condition and not all beat to heck. That be a good swaging press for sure.

Jim