PDA

View Full Version : Wet Tumble Rotary at Harbor Freight On Sale

jonp
05-03-2015, 01:23 PM
http://www.harborfreight.com/dual-drum-rotary-rock-tumbler-67632.html

With the 20% off coupon they are about $36. Cheap way to try wet tumbling out to see if it's for you. The 5lbvibrating tumblers are on sale for about $50 so with the coupon are $40.

salpal48
05-03-2015, 01:57 PM
I purchased a Dual tumbler about 6 MO ago. It works really well. Drums are tight @ first but then loosen up and Mosts of the times they Leak.. Recently called up looking for Replacement to buy. Complete drums and other parts are Discontinued. But it tumbles good until something Breaks. Then JUNK<JUNK< and MORE JUNK. Went back to my Lortone's
The Harbor Freight Motto. Cheap you Buy , Junk you get

mongoose33
05-03-2015, 05:32 PM
It is a cheap way to see if you want to do wet tumbling. Problem is, if it turns out you like it, you'll find that your capacity is not enough. And you'll have spent a notable fraction of the larger ones on a compromise.

I have both a Thumler's Tumbler and the Frankford Arsenal tumblers. The FA is a better deal out of the box, but there are apparently no spare parts that can be purchased for it, unlike the Thumler's.

I like the FA tumbler better. It's a cleaner design, includes a timer which the TT does not, and to my ears it's quieter.

jonp
05-03-2015, 06:28 PM
As I said, they are a cheap way to try it out and see if you like that or are good with the the dry tumblers.

Bzcraig
05-03-2015, 07:04 PM
I've used my harbor freight for 6mos or so with nary a problem. I do make sure I don't over load them.

cstrickland
05-03-2015, 08:03 PM
I have that tumbler and it has worked fine as long as I do my part and not overload it. I am actually goning to try wet tumbling as soon as I find a good deal on a couple of lbs of pins. Only difference is I will make a larger single tumbler out of PVC pipe and caps to replace the two individual drums. easy to fix the leaking issue.