PDA

View Full Version : Subject shot dead after foiled carjackin

Uncle Jimbo
05-02-2015, 05:49 PM
I like stories with happy endings. :lol:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34485401&nid=148&title=subject-shot-dead-after-foiled-carjacking&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

OREM — A man was shot and killed in Orem Saturday morning following a dispute after a halted car theft, police said.
Just after 11:18 a.m. Saturday outside a Macey’s near 800 N. State St. in Orem, an unidentified subject, 27, allegedly attempted to steal a car from a woman by dragging her out of it, according to Capt. Ned Jackson of Orem Police. The woman screamed for help, at which time a male, 31, parked nearby, who possessed a gun and a concealed carry permit, stepped out of his vehicle with his gun drawn and ordered the subject out of the woman's car, Jackson said.
At this point, according to the third party's account, the initial subject lunged at the male preventing the car theft. The male then fired his weapon, hitting the subject in the chest, according to Jackson.
Orem Police received multiple 911 calls and responded to the scene, at which point they found the subject still alive. Officers began treatment before attempting to transport the man to Utah Valley Hospital, but he died en route, Jackson said.
The incident followed a previous one near the same location where the subject was allegedly involved in a fight or assault of some kind. He reportedly fled this initial scene in a stolen truck which he abandoned when he arrived at the Macey's parking lot, Jackson said. Two other passengers who were with the subject before also fleeing the vehicle are now in custody.
Police don't anticipate any charges for the man who prevented the second theft, though the investigation remains ongoing, Jackson said. The deceased subject had multiple prior felony warrants for his arrest, according to Jackson. The woman involved was not hurt.

osteodoc08
05-02-2015, 06:02 PM
I'm always torn on what to put down on paper. CCW holder obviously did the right thing. Unfortunately civil suits and lack of criminal suits do not always go hand in hand. I hope the CCW holder doesn't spend years and $$$ in civil court.

fatnhappy
05-02-2015, 07:53 PM
https://www.wearyourbeer.com/images/Smurfs_JNK_Happy_Endings_Gray_Shirt2_POP.jpg?

flyingmonkey35
05-02-2015, 08:08 PM
I drove past this on my way back from the range he was heading up to.

Looks clear cut. Based on the story I read.

TXGunNut
05-02-2015, 10:34 PM
100% rehabilitated. With all those warrants our good Samaritan saved taxpayers a boatload of money, they should cover the good guy's defense costs, if any.

MaryB
05-02-2015, 10:42 PM
If they try a civil suit I bet a gofundme campaign will pop up

leftiye
05-03-2015, 06:07 AM
Ah, It's sooo beautiful to live in zion!

jaysouth
05-03-2015, 10:30 AM
If they try a civil suit I bet a gofundme campaign will pop up

Gofundme took down the site for the legal defense of the 6 baltimore cops. They prohibit solicitations for the defense of persons involved in "heinous" crimes.

Is there any cure for the stupidity and marxist thought control known as "political correctness"?

ksfowler166
05-03-2015, 01:10 PM
I'm always torn on what to put down on paper. CCW holder obviously did the right thing. Unfortunately civil suits and lack of criminal suits do not always go hand in hand. I hope the CCW holder doesn't spend years and $$$ in civil court.
In Kansas they are. A CCW holder can not be held civilly liable if he is not criminally liable. Its a law more states should adopt.

rondog
05-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Ohhh, dey gwine be riotin' in Orem now.....

merlin101
05-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Gofundme took down the site for the legal defense of the 6 baltimore cops. They prohibit solicitations for the defense of persons involved in "heinous" crimes.

Is there any cure for the stupidity and marxist thought control known as "political correctness"?

Go fund Me also took down the fund for those hateful bakers that refused to bake a lesbian wedding cake. Kinda one sided isn't it?

Uncle Jimbo
05-03-2015, 02:56 PM

Rioting in Orem! Hummm, now that is an interesting thought. :???: Happy valley has it's own riot right there in downtown Orem. Who would have guessed.:happy dance::happy dance::happy dance:

BrassMagnet
05-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Utah is clear cut.
Any citizen can shoot a fleeing felon "if they might be a danger to someone else."

flyingmonkey35
05-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Rioting in Orem! Hummm, now that is an interesting thought. :???: Happy valley has it's own riot right there in downtown Orem. Who would have guessed.:happy dance::happy dance::happy dance:
Oh what a thought.

A Utah / Orem riot. I'll bring Jello and funeral potatoes.

Got to get some one to bring a BBQ I don't have one right now.

(BTW that's a Mormon riot) we bring food and games for the kids.

Uncle Jimbo
05-03-2015, 09:01 PM
Oh what a thought.

A Utah / Orem riot. I'll bring Jello and funeral potatoes.

Got to get some one to bring a BBQ I don't have one right now.

(BTW that's a Mormon riot) we bring food and games for the kids.

I got a BBQ grill I can bring. What time is opening prayer. And make sure that you bring green jello.:wink:

leadman
05-04-2015, 12:52 AM
Maybe the cops wanted to make sure they didn't have to answer a call on the same guy again???

leftiye
05-04-2015, 05:18 AM

Not likely.

MtGun44
05-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Many states have solved the civil suit issue by prohibiting any civil
suit against a person using a weapon in self defense if it is ruled
a legal self defense without charges.

So, as long as it is a good, legal shoot, and this one sounds like it is,
in many states (not sure about Utah) you are protected from the
relatives of the dirt bag suing you, with assistance of their dirt bag
attorney.

mjwcaster
05-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Even IL has civil liability for self defense.
Surprised me when I read it.