PDA

View Full Version : No.4 Mk.I and Criterion barrels:

walltube
05-02-2015, 11:22 AM
http://criterionbarrels.com/image/data/articles/No4%20New%20Zealand%20Championship/nzsrachamprifle.jpg

The link, I know, ought to be posted in the 'MilitaryRifles' department, but...there 'tis.

*sigh*I can only dream of my very own No.4 in such fine condition...*sigh*

Congratulations to the Kiwi riflewoman!

Ya'll be of good cheer,
Wt.

MBTcustom
05-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Elanor Roosevelt said "It takes just as much effort to dream as it does to plan".
If you want me to help you out with that, plans, like dreams, are free.
We could make this happen.

WILCO
05-02-2015, 03:06 PM
From the OP link:

http://criterionbarrels.com/image/data/articles/No4%20New%20Zealand%20Championship/nzsrachamprifle.jpg

BruceB
05-02-2015, 03:30 PM
NICE array of awards!

Both of my #4 Rifles are in near-similar condition to the one in the photo, but I sure as blazes wouldn't expect results like that in competition with my abilities nowadays.

I truly do love the #4 Rifle, and have ever since the 1950s. Simply wonderful rifles.

rondog
05-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Is that a mk1 or a mk2?

walltube
05-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Mr. Goodsteel,
What are you saying? You are leading me into temptation. I have a No.4 Mk.I.; NRA good to v'good condition. The thought of attaching new SAAMI specification bbl. screwed to my Faz No.4 is making me very nervous. My savings account is getting nervous.
...:mrgreen: We may have something to discuss. Jane will understand. Sure she will.

Ya'll might want to visit the Criterion site for the whole story on the No.4 above. Seems the Kiwi have their stuff in order with No.4 types. Hats off to the Kiwi lady responsible for the pictured awards.

Nervous in MS,
Wt.

MBTcustom
05-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Mr. Goodsteel,
What are you saying? You are leading me into temptation. I have a No.4 Mk.I.; NRA good to v'good condition. The thought of attaching new SAAMI specification bbl. screwed to my Faz No.4 is making me very nervous. My savings account is getting nervous.
...:mrgreen: We may have something to discuss. Jane will understand. Sure she will.

Ya'll might want to visit the Criterion site for the whole story on the No.4 above. Seems the Kiwi have their stuff in order with No.4 types. Hats off to the Kiwi lady responsible for the pictured awards.

Nervous in MS,
Wt.

All's I'm saying is I built pretty accurate rifles.
They're pretty
They're accurate
They're pretty accurate! LOL!
Also, I know my way around a #4. My first cast-specific wildcat was based on that rifle.

Screw in a match barrel, reblue the metal, strip the stocks, rub in some oil, and voila!

Of course, using it to collect enough medals to fully decorate a good sized Christmas tree is up to the guy (or gal as the case may be) behind the trigger!