PDA

View Full Version : EVERY member here needs to read this.

truth
05-01-2015, 08:59 AM
I was recently banned for reasons I still do not know, and the way the moderators of this forum have handled the situation reminds me of how a tyrant would. :mad:

The only reason stated for being banned was TOS #4. I'm not a very social person. I am blunt, am not afraid to tell someone that they are wrong, and will stand my ground during an argument, but I do not attack people, I do not insult them, and I try not to be rude to them. There is only a single person on this forum I have any kind of problem with, and that's only because he's had a problem with me pretty much from day one. Even then, I give him respect.

My original ban was for 10 days. I wanted to know specifically what I had done to get banned, and the only way I could do that was to create another account to PM a mod. That's what I did. I created an account, did not even activate it, and only sent a single PM to a moderator asking why I was banned. No reason was given, and instead I was banned permanently for asking a simple question. I tried asking the owner, and again, no response at all.

The only reason I can think of was some MILD bad language. I had received a couple warnings (I think they were on the same day) because I had made a couple of posts that contained some pretty mild bad language. That was my bad, and I quit using that language completely after those warnings. I don't see how that would call for a ban though. The problem was already solved. I have receive no warnings about any other behavior.

Is this really how this forum is run? The place is full of great members, and an unbelievable amount of knowledge, but that sort of heavy handed management is going to run people off.

I felt you all had a right to know what was happening behind the scenes. I really enjoyed this forum, but sadly that has been cut short because of heavy handed tactics over something stupid.So to all my friends here, good bye. :(

-TWW.

jmort
05-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Moral of the story is to take your medicine. Should have left well enough alone.

truth
05-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Moral of the story is to take your medicine. Should have left well enough alone.

All I wanted to know was what I did so I wouldn't do it again. Does that really seem like something you should be permabanned for?

jmort
05-01-2015, 09:19 AM
You have now created two ghost accounts to circumvent the ban. If you would have waited for the "vacation" to end, then you could figure it out. I have some experience with this, and I just went on vacation. I expect this thread will get locked and your new membership will get deleted/banned/blocked.

truth
05-01-2015, 09:23 AM
You have now created two ghost accounts to circumvent the ban. If you would have waited for the "vacation" to end, then you could figure it out. I have some experience with this, and I just went on vacation. I expect this thread will get locked and your new membership will get deleted/banned/blocked.

I was trying to contact a moderator, not circumvent a ban. I had no intentions of posting or doing anything else. I just wanted to talk to a mod.

FISH4BUGS
05-01-2015, 09:24 AM
I was recently banned for reasons I still do not know, and the way the moderators of this forum have handled the situation reminds me of how a tyrant would. :mad:
The only reason I can think of was some MILD bad language. I had received a couple warnings (I think they were on the same day) because I had made a couple of posts that contained some pretty mild bad language. That was my bad, and I quit using that language completely after those warnings. I don't see how that would call for a ban though.
Is this really how this forum is run? -TWW.

There is your answer.....you received a couple of warnings. A COUPLE OF WARNINGS! That should be enough to get your attention. Unfortunately it did not (apparently).
I have been warned once before and I took it seriously. Perhaps you should have also. This is not a public forum. It is PRIVATE internet site. You follow the rules or you get the boot.
Very simple formula.
Kind of like dealing with the police - if you show respect, they show respect back. If you cop an attitude, you get it back in spades.
That's the way life works, sir.

truth
05-01-2015, 09:34 AM
There is your answer.....you received a couple of warnings. A COUPLE OF WARNINGS! That should be enough to get your attention. Unfortunately it did not (apparently).
I have been warned once before and I took it seriously. Perhaps you should have also. This is not a public forum. It is PRIVATE internet site. You follow the rules or you get the boot.
Very simple formula.
Kind of like dealing with the police - if you show respect, they show respect back. If you cop an attitude, you get it back in spades.
That's the way life works, sir.

A couple of warnings, on the same day. After reading the first one, I quit using the language. The second one was from another post that I had already posted before. Again, that was a few days ago and I hadn't used that language on here since. So yes, it did get my attention and I immediately changed what I was doing wrong.

I have not copped an attitude with the mods. I was polite and just wanted to know why I was banned. Instead of giving me an answer, they decided to escalate the situation for no reason whatsoever. If I made a mistake I would have owned up to it and accepted the punishment. I just wanted to know what that mistake was.

pworley1
05-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Their forum, their rules. Follow the rules or go somewhere else.

truth
05-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Their forum, their rules. Follow the rules or go somewhere else.

I don't have a problem following the rules. I never said I did, so I question what the point of your post was. All I wanted to know was what specifically I did wrong, and I got banned for it. I don't feel that was right.

FISH4BUGS
05-01-2015, 10:07 AM
I don't have a problem following the rules. I never said I did, so I question what the point of your post was. All I wanted to know was what specifically I did wrong, and I got banned for it. I don't feel that was right.

Yours is not to reason why.......whether you feel it was right or not is irrelevant.
You clearly violated some rule somewhere. You got warned more than once. You got banned. You continue to press for an explanation rather than just take your lumps. The mods did their jobs. You created new accounts to continue your quest.
It is not the job of the mods to get into a debate with everyone that breaks the rules. They would be spending their time doing that instead of other more valuable things for this site.
Some time ago, I received the wrath of the mods (deservedly so I might add) and took my lumps. I learned from it. I still support his site with postings. I still financially support this site with my hard earned dollars.
Learn from this and move on. You can be a valuable member if you wish to contribute. Just follow the rules.
Very simple formula.

truth
05-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Yours is not to reason why.......whether you feel it was right or not is irrelevant.
You clearly violated some rule somewhere. You got warned more than once. You got banned. You continue to press for an explanation rather than just take your lumps. The mods did their jobs. You created new accounts to continue your quest.
It is not the job of the mods to get into a debate with everyone that breaks the rules. They would be spending their time doing that instead of other more valuable things for this site.
Some time ago, I received the wrath of the mods (deservedly so I might add) and took my lumps. I learned from it. I still support his site with postings. I still financially support this site with my hard earned dollars.
Learn from this and move on. You can be a valuable member if you wish to contribute. Just follow the rules.
Very simple formula.

1. I was warned about something and immediately changed what I was doing, so that's not the problem.

2. I think that if I did something wrong and get a temporary ban for it, I at least deserve to know why. I wasn't going to debate it with them. I just wanted to know what I did.

3. I can't learn from it BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID!

4. I can't be a valuable member or contribute anymore because I was banned permanently for asking a simple question. I just wanted to know what I did so I that I wouldn't do it again. Is that really so much to ask for? Is that really ban worthy? I don't think it is, and I would bet that most wouldn't either.

Love Life
05-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Their tactics aren't heavy handed. Besides, it's their house. Check out the firing line for heavy handed tactics.

Maximumbob54
05-01-2015, 10:18 AM
I'm more curious what some older members did to be shown the door. I half way wish there was a thread that said a user name and brief explanation of what they were banned for. Not anything digging into business but just say they broke what rule maybe. I just dislike wondering why some of the old blood is now gone.

jmort
05-01-2015, 10:20 AM
"Check out the firing line for heavy handed tactics"

A serious joke. I uninvited myself from the TFL. My log in:

You have been banned for the following reason:
As you wish.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

runfiverun
05-01-2015, 10:22 AM
dude.
it was for continuously being a pain in the butt.
there are three pages of reported posts with your name on them in the staff section.
you and your favorite rival both got 10 day's.

your getting banned again and again is for creating more than one account here which is another t.o.s. violation.

had you just waited the 10 day's things would have settled down and we could discuss it again.
I'm sure this new account is gonna be banned too.

oneokie
05-01-2015, 02:51 PM
For those who do not understand:

4) WE RESERVE THE RIGHT to refuse access to anyone that promotes undesirable attitudes, is adversarial towards the members/moderators/admins or is just generally socially unacceptable.

WE RESERVE THE RIGHT to refuse access to anyone that promotes

undesirable attitudes

is adversarial towards the members/moderators/admins

or is just socially unacceptable.

The above means you have no rights when it comes to your behavior on this web site.

It does mean that it is in your best interest to abide by the rules as set forth in the Terms of Service that each and every member had to agree to before being granted full access to all the Forums and Information posted on this Site and to participate in the same.

No_1
05-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Members,

As can be seen in this post "Texaswoodworker, Texaswoodworker3, Truth, and Truth2" simply does not wish to accept he was in the wrong. He was warned many times about his actions then banned when he refused to comply with the forum rules. He apparently enjoys arguing and stated he will not back down. This thread is just another tactic of a pot stirrer.

Robert