PDA

View Full Version : Never ceases to amaze me

white eagle
04-30-2015, 12:17 PM
of what these anti gun people are capable of
In our last Sunday paper there was a page in the so called Opinion section of paper
saying that guns cause more suicide and violence against women, according to scientific study
now most of us (if not all)know this is a slanted untruth however there are a few that will believe this as truth.
It also happens to precede the opening of a local sporting goods store that happens to sell guns.
sorry but this just irritates me to no end.
Rant over :lovebooli

twc1964
04-30-2015, 01:31 PM
I know whatcha mean. I have read bits in papers where "citizens" would sound off on the horrors of guns. You have to remember that the liberals have lots of political hacks burning up social media and newspapers to scare joe citizen into jumping on the band wagon. Personally i will let em ride that wagon right into the fiery pits. Nuff said.

Col4570
04-30-2015, 02:50 PM
Look at it this way,if guns where unavailable,perpetrators would use something else.Therefore it is people not guns that are the problem.This message seems to be missed by those who blame firearms.

HarryT
04-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Everything bad that's ever happened to me involved a female in one way or another. I think we should invent beautiful, subservient, lady robots and then ban women.

twc1964
04-30-2015, 03:15 PM
No matter how much irrefutible evidence is produced showing its bad people, not guns that cause problems, the libs wont agree cause it goes contrary to their political agenda. Simple.

shdwlkr
04-30-2015, 03:59 PM
yes I agree there should be a law that everyone has to have at least some in the home, know how to use them and be trained on their use. That would really make some interesting news for the liberals to chew on. Maybe we should go like Switzerland and all have military grade firearms in the home and know how to use them and they become yours when you age out.

MaryB
04-30-2015, 10:11 PM
In MN the paper that goes statewide is totally anti gun. I wrote a letter to the editor listing facs about guns and they sent is back saying "we will not publish pro gun letters"

tryNto
04-30-2015, 10:16 PM
Automobiles kill more people then Guns do.

jcwit
04-30-2015, 10:30 PM
In MN the paper that goes statewide is totally anti gun. I wrote a letter to the editor listing facs about guns and they sent is back saying "we will not publish pro gun letters"

Well, that's being real open minded of them!

MaryB
04-30-2015, 11:04 PM
Protect MN is anti gun, they have a facebook page. Post one pro gun comment and they block you instantly so someone is being paid to sit there and monitor it 24/7. They do not want to discuss it, they want it their way only.

captaint
05-01-2015, 08:08 AM
There's no lie they won't tell,over & over.. More (in fact) people were killed with hammers than with AR's in the past number of years. FBI stats. The "media" criminals don't tell you that, do they ??

Moonie
05-01-2015, 08:19 AM
You are 600% more likely to be killed by a doctor than a firearm...

Wayne Smith
05-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Everything bad that's ever happened to me involved a female in one way or another. I think we should invent beautiful, subservient, lady robots and then ban women.

Old idea. The Stepford Wives. Some people refuse to learn, refuse facts, and are not educatable. Do not waste effort on them. Work with those who will listen. Rioters don't listen, 78 years of Liberal Democratic government and what has Baltimore learned?

dakotashooter2
05-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Guns don't "cause" suicides. Suicidal people choose guns as their tool of choice..............If a gun isn't available they go to plan B...

mold maker
05-01-2015, 07:05 PM
I say, Send them each a boolit and let them (bite it) chew on it for a while. Let the liberal lead poison do its thing.

smokeywolf
05-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Those who control the MSM and use it to continue to brainwash the weak-minded are enemies of a free people.

Has anyone ever heard of the truth being used for the purpose of brain-washing people to accept statistically proven untruths?

The Constitution is all that protects U.S. citizens from a government controlled by special interests who seek globalization. To fold the U.S. into a global government, you must weaken it through illegal immigration, exporting jobs & manufacturing and redistribution of money from the middle class to big business and the super wealthy (trickle down economics, which has in fact always actually been trickle up). This is how you create an overall weakening of the economy. In concert with a weakening of the economy, the Constitution must be subverted. This is where brainwashing by politicians and the media comes in. Publish select content taken out of context or just plain lies, while suppressing the actual statistical truths, which would show your propaganda to be what it is; carefully spun deception. Add the use of a what has evolved into an extremely powerful weapon; political correctness. And, due to the gullibility of the public, you have a surefire plan to collapse the U.S.

There are many other moves, tactics and slight of hand taking place. Such as the SCOTUS passing McCutcheon v. FEC to allow unlimited bribery, The Monsanto Protection Act, control of food, The "Task Force on 21st Century Policing" - an attempt to nationalize and federalize State, County and community police. Too much more to go on.

RogerDat
05-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Ok since cars kill more people, I say it makes sense that you have to accept speed limiting governors on your car before it is reasonable to expect others to accept limits on ammo capacity.

Let us consider the very dangerous car we allow minors to operate, start with the basis that you take the test and have right to operate unless and until you demonstrate by your actions you are not responsible enough to do so safely. Then we might restrict your operators rights for a limited time before automatically restoring that right to operate the deadly car. If you totally screw up and show yourself to be outright dangerous behind the wheel you may end up losing your license or having it restricted. In short you have a right to drive presumed, a right to own a firearm is much more restricted yet less likely to cause a death.

I'm just waiting for them to stamp "misuse or unsafe operation can cause death or injury" on the front fender or across the steering wheel.

Let us face facts there are some people that just don't like guns, some people don't like rhubarb pie. Some don't like wearing a helmet riding a motorcycle, some don't like same sex marriage. How about people just.... don't buy a gun they don't like, don't order that kind of pie, take up wearing a helmet with your insurance company, don't marry someone of the same sex. In short don't tell other people they have to live by "your" rules or expect others that disagree with your view to change their view to yours. That is where leaving each other be works so well. We don't have to care what everyone else thinks since we are free to make our own choices.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
05-01-2015, 11:42 PM
Automobiles kill more people then Guns do.
accidental falls kill more people than guns

the only way they get their gun numbers is to count suicides that used a gun , mostly men do this , women tend to take pills or some other method suicide more than double the "gun deaths"

the only way they get the child deaths from guns is to include 18-20 year olds in their numbers , 18 year olds go to adult prison , they are adults.

blackthorn
05-02-2015, 12:23 PM
I heard a rumour that less and less Liberals are planting gardens because they can't figure out why the hoe they keep leaning inside the garden fence don't kill the weeds!!

tryNto
05-03-2015, 12:22 AM
32,999 Number of Americans killed in Automobile related crashes in 2010

31,672 Number of Americans killed in Gun related incidents in 2010

19,392 Number of Americans who killed themselves with a gun in 2010.
Suicides by gun accounted for about six of every 10 firearm deaths in 2010 and just over half of all suicides, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Since the CDC began publishing data in 1981, gun suicides have outnumbered gun homicides. But as gun homicides have declined sharply in recent years, suicides have become a greater share of all firearm deaths: the 61% share in 2010 was the highest on record. That year there were 19,392 suicides by firearm compared to 11,078 homicides by gun (35% of all firearm deaths). The rest were accidents, police shootings and unknown causes.
In terms of both raw numbers and population rates, gun suicides have been on the rise in recent years, even as gun homicides have fallen. In 2010, the gun suicide rate was 6.3 per 100,000 people, compared with 3.6 per 100,000 for gun homicides.
At 87%, males are the vast majority of gun suicides. By age group, people 65 and older have the highest firearm suicide rate: 10.6 per 100,000 people.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/05/24/suicides-account-for-most-gun-deaths/

Blacksmith
05-03-2015, 12:27 AM
A very interesting phenomenon is happening in the Baltimore Maryland area this week. Many of those anti gun people and those who just think gun owners are weird are suddenly realizing they want a gun for protection because of the riots. They suddenly are finding out in gun restrictive Maryland buying a gun is not a simple thing to do. When they find they can't legally buy a gun they are turning to those weird gun nuts that they know and trying to make illegal purchases or borrow guns for the duration. There are many examples being posted on local gun web sites.

Most often they want to buy a handgun but discover in 2013 new draconian laws were passed, over the objections of law abiding gun owners, that to buy a handgun in Maryland you need a Handgun Qualification License which with its requirements for training, fingerprints and State Police background check can take a month or more to receive and cost from $100 to $250. That is just for permission to purchase the actual buy requires another State Police background check a minimum of 7 day wait and additional fees in addition to the cost of the gun. They also find out even after all that they still can not carry a gun on their person. CCW permits are virtually unobtainable in Maryland for the average citizen unless politically connected because of the requirement of a "Good and Substantial Reason" approved by the Maryland State Police.

So if they can't buy a hand gun then they want an "assault rifle" and they discover most of the most popular models were banned by the same law passed while they ignored what was happening. They are reduced to purchasing either a shotgun or rifle that only require federal form 4477 and a NICS background check however most stores are suddenly out of stock (there was a report that one Dick's Sporting Goods was selling at a rate of 15 per day till they ran out).

So in their desperation they are turning to those looked down upon gun nuts they previously made fun of. Here are some sample quotes:

I know I had two friends call last night about what they could get their hands on. I advised shotguns and to let me show them how to use it at the local range.

You should see the glazed look in the eyes of new gun buyers as we explain all the hops they will have to jump through to buy.

yup, i fielded several phone calls today with respect to wear and carry permits and HQL's. i could "feel" the amazed looks on the other end of the line, not to mention the "are you SERIOUS?"

Liberal friend asked me to borrow one "to carry to work so I'll be safe". Had to explain that 1) that was very illegal and 2) the politicians she continually sends to Annapolis are the ones keeping it illegal. You're on your own, sweetheart.

i had the same conversation today at work with a few folks looking to arm themselves for the first time. i explained the hql process and they were stunned to say the least. i recommended buying a 12 ga pump since every knows that racking sound. i also stated that if you cant understand what it means to point a firearm at someone then you dont need one.

My favorite is when someone asks about purchasing an AR. Tell them has to be a "heavy Barrel" and get a look. Try explaining it and eyes glaze over. Then the famous "That can't be right, it makes no sense". My last word on the conversation seems to always be "Exactly".

I love my anti-gun brother, but got a good laugh from his call today. "How many guns do you have and are they close. Do you think I could borrow a couple?" He lives in the city. My well armed other brother in Colorado and I won't be letting him forget his sudden "come to Jesus" moment anytime soon. Of course, sincere advice was also offered, but with a bit of snickering to go with it.

I have one quasi acquaintance who flat out told me I needed to ILLEGALLY GIVE HIM A GUN so he could protect his children because it was my responsibility as a human being.

white eagle
05-03-2015, 11:40 AM
I have one quasi acquaintance who flat out told me I needed to ILLEGALLY GIVE HIM A GUN so he could protect his children because it was my responsibility as a human being.

Ha! hind sight is always 20/20
that will learn em

MaryB
05-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Poor liberals, never look at the consequences of the garbage bills they pass...

fatelk
05-04-2015, 12:37 AM
A friend who is not anti-gun, but rather liberal, told me that if we could magically snap our fingers and make all guns go away, the world would be a better place. All peace and love, brotherhood and harmony you know. I asked him, so before guns were invented people didn't rob, rape, and slaughter each other by the thousands? Ever read world history? It's a bloody mess going back as far as you want to go.

dakotashooter2
05-04-2015, 10:15 AM
32,999 Number of Americans killed in Automobile related crashes in 2010

31,672 Number of Americans killed in Gun related incidents in 2010

19,392 Number of Americans who killed themselves with a gun in 2010.
Suicides by gun accounted for about six of every 10 firearm deaths in 2010 and just over half of all suicides, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Since the CDC began publishing data in 1981, gun suicides have outnumbered gun homicides. But as gun homicides have declined sharply in recent years, suicides have become a greater share of all firearm deaths: the 61% share in 2010 was the highest on record. That year there were 19,392 suicides by firearm compared to 11,078 homicides by gun (35% of all firearm deaths). The rest were accidents, police shootings and unknown causes.
In terms of both raw numbers and population rates, gun suicides have been on the rise in recent years, even as gun homicides have fallen. In 2010, the gun suicide rate was 6.3 per 100,000 people, compared with 3.6 per 100,000 for gun homicides.
At 87%, males are the vast majority of gun suicides. By age group, people 65 and older have the highest firearm suicide rate: 10.6 per 100,000 people.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/05/24/suicides-account-for-most-gun-deaths/

18,972......... The number of non gun related suicides in 2010............... We really have no idea how many of those gun related suicides would still happen if guns were not available I suspect at least 75% would find another method.........most likely drug overdose.