PDA

View Full Version : I've changed a bit....ll

mm1ut1
04-29-2015, 05:16 PM
When I started shooting I would hit the range with an AR, Garand, '03, Mosin or whatever came in the mail that week. I'd shoot hundreds of rounds of surplus ammo before calling it a day, leaving all the brass behind. Today I spent two hours shooting twelve rounds through my BPCR match rifle. Couldn't see the bullet holes so walked to the target after each shot. Also ran a few patches and decapped the brass after each shot. Fifty some degrees out, but very sunny. Near perfect day. So twelve shots in two hours. Add the time forming the brass, trimming, casting bullets, loading black powder.....don't think I would have had the patience to do that fifteen years ago !

smoked turkey
04-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Glad to see your progress in this wonderful hobby. I also usually take my time and end up shooting 10 rounds or so when I take a rifle out. I tend to shoot 50 rounds or so when I shoot my 380 BodyGuard. Sure is different shooting rifles. More enjoyable for me too.

runfiverun
04-29-2015, 09:52 PM
sometimes I get down to the range and by the time I get done cleaning it up and changing out the target backers a couple of guy's show up, we start b.s'ing and I get no shots fired for the day.

montana_charlie
04-30-2015, 11:59 AM
.....don't think I would have had the patience to do that fifteen years ago !
I would have had the patience fifteen years ago, but back then I had not discovered the BPCR environment.

When I go out to try a load, I will have fifteen loaded cartridges. All of their components are so carefully matched, the loaded cartridges all weigh the same.

It will take one and a half to two to shoot 'em all.

CM

WILCO
04-30-2015, 12:28 PM
....a couple of guy's show up, we start b.s'ing and I get no shots fired for the day.

Hhahahahhahaha! Happens to me also. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/hamburger-waving-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif

jcwit
04-30-2015, 08:24 PM
Same here. All that gets shot is BS.

smokeywolf
04-30-2015, 08:37 PM
I don't usually go to the range alone. Take my sons or brother-in-law. I end up spending time teaching and supervising or chewin' the fat. 2 hours at the range or 4 hours at the range, usually don't send more than 150 rounds down range; and that's if half are 22s.

Char-Gar
05-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Everybody, well almost everybody, grows up sooner or later. Patience and focus does come with maturity. Good to see you made it over to this side..welcome!