PDA

View Full Version : #2 Dragoon Holster

docone31
04-28-2015, 09:21 PM
I got this real nice Western Arms #2 Dragoon. Pre lawsuit.
I do not have an holster. I am hoping I can cross this with some Hunter 1100 holster. I have always liked Hunter Holsters.
Does anyone have any idea which one might work?
I have looked and asked Hunter Holster. They never returned the e-mail and I am not that familiar with the profiles of enough pistols to cross reference.
Any suggestions is appreciated for sure.
I cannot wait to fire it. I reshaped the grip, opened the hammer sight. The pistol fits the hand better. No trying to push the hammer into the thumb web. It is more natural now.
I am figuiring 40gns of fffg. .454 casting.
I had not seen a Dragoon in my life, and one day where my shop was, two civil war Dragoon era pistols, One #3 Colt, and four Italians. All at the same time.
I always liked the square notch and trigger guard.

Hellgate
04-29-2015, 09:22 PM
Check Cabelas for Walkers and usually a link to "what other shoppers looked for" pops up with a holster. It might have been a Circle K. The Dragoon fits the Walker holster. I took mine to a shoe repair shop and had them remove the snaps and straps then sew the belt loop part onto the back of the holster to make a slim jim style holster. It worked fine for my Dragoon and Walkers.

docone31
04-29-2015, 10:19 PM
Thanks. However I am a southpaw. They make rightys but no lefties.
I have not found a lefty Walker holster either.

Fly
04-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Back in the day they wore them cross draw anyway. Even Wild Bill with two holsters were cross draw.

Just something to think about. Fly

dikman
05-01-2015, 01:43 AM
Docone, I recently spent a LOT of time searching for a suitable holster (for an 1875 long barrel Remington). In the end I gave up and intend making my own. (I already have a Hunter holster for it, but I want a crossdraw). I suggest you do a google search on western holsters and start going through the results - it could take a while, though.

Another option is to have a look at a Cowboy Action forum, and the Single Action Shooting mob. You may pick up some ideas from there. I'm assuming that you don't want to spend a lot, but there's a chap on youtube, name of Bob Marshall, who makes holsters and belts and posts videos of his creations (he also sells kits, apparently). He makes some real nice stuff.

doc1876
05-01-2015, 07:01 PM
I have a flap holster, right side, "cross Draw" in black for a Walker that is of the heaviest harness leather I think I have ever seen in a holster. This would make a left correct draw, but would be a bit cumbersome, as it would cant to the front. If you are interested, shoot me a pm.

docone31
05-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Doc, that sounds good. However our shop got trashed down here. We are thousands in the hole plus expensive equipment was destroyed. A faceter to start, then an engraver and an engraver ball.
We are a tad behind having little business and an upcoming court case on the thugs.
I will be a while on that.
I appreciate for sure.

flagman1776
09-13-2015, 08:24 PM
I made my own holsters from pictures & John Bianchi's book Blue Steel & Gun Leather. Saddle stitching & few tools required. I let those holsters go with the cap & ball guns they were made for... Traditional designs minimized stitching. The REAL holsters were high ride. Longer barrels were cross draw, better seated.

Omnivore
09-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Mike116 over at 1858remington.com forum can make you whatever you want.

Char-Gar
09-14-2015, 05:19 PM
El Paso Saddlery can fix you up with what you want...