PDA

View Full Version : OKC Gun show

flyer1
04-25-2015, 10:05 PM
Was in Oklahoma City today and went to the gun show. I did not find any guns I was interested in but, came across a knife that really fit my hand nice. It is made by trails end knife companyin Owasso, Ok. $65.00. Domascuss steel, camel bone handle. I know less than nothing about knives. I liked it and hope it is a good one at good price. Let me know if I did OK.

runfiverun
04-25-2015, 11:40 PM
umm yeah just a decent Damascus blade alone is $100.00 or more.

b money
04-25-2015, 11:51 PM
Looks nice, although one thing I have been noticing at gun shows lately is the bulk of Damascus and etched fake Damascus knives are coming out of India and finished here. Not saying that is the case always just something I have noticed. All in all if it fits you and is of good quality $65 isn't bad at all, and if it is 100% hand crafted by a skilled knife maker then you down right stole it. A quick way to tell if it's hand crafted is to look and see if there is a makers mark of some kind. Craftsman generally take pride in there work and want others to know. whereas most from overseas generally just want to get them out the door.

flyer1
04-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the info. I do not see any makers marks. I will find out where steel comes from. Thanks.

Bad Water Bill
04-26-2015, 11:39 AM
If you can contact the maker ask him for IIRC his guild #.

Keep your blade well oiled as some of that steel rusts very quickly.

The first carvings on the top of the blade viewed by the guild were done using my needle files back in the 60-early 70 era by an artisan named Ed Brignardello..

Today there is some real artwork up there.

I own one with a grape vine running the length of the blade.

Keep it and enjoy your bargain,

flyer1
04-26-2015, 02:30 PM
BWBill,

thanks for the info. I have sent the maker an email. Hope to hear something soon. He did tell me to keep the blade oiled because it will rust. Can you elaberate about the carvings on the top of the blade? I am not sure I understand what you are trying to tell me. Maybe I am slow.

Thanks,Mike