PDA

View Full Version : Me and my big mouth...

Ithaca Gunner
04-24-2015, 11:41 PM
A week or so ago someone posted about poor service from the USPS, well I said they never done me wrong. They have now!..TWICE to the same Wrong post office! A Brownell's order last week, and a Midway order this week...Both to the same wrong post office! Probably routed there by the same moron. I'm glad my new Hatsan pellet rifle is coming via UPS!

I'll shut-up from now on.

Rufus Krile
04-25-2015, 12:45 AM
I used to subscribe to Shotgun News... came out every 10 days. My postman got in the habit of delivering 3 or 4 at a time after holding them for over a month. I complained to the Mgr at the postoffice... it went downhill fast. First SHE denied they EVER did anything like that and that I should thank them for their courteous and timely service. Then... Paychecks, power bills, notices, etc. kept disappearing for about 6 months. I don't complain anymore. The bureaucrats KNOW we can be trained.

smokeywolf
04-25-2015, 12:55 AM
Rufus, your situation is exactly the kind of story that prompts media to initiate "consumer advocate" and bureaucracy gone wrong investigations and exposes.

Hickory
04-25-2015, 07:04 AM
I used to subscribe to Shotgun News... came out every 10 days. My postman got in the habit of delivering 3 or 4 at a time after holding them for over a month. I complained to the Mgr at the postoffice... it went downhill fast. First SHE denied they EVER did anything like that and that I should thank them for their courteous and timely service. Then... Paychecks, power bills, notices, etc. kept disappearing for about 6 months. I don't complain anymore. The bureaucrats KNOW we can be trained.

You didn't complain to the right people the second time.

I, and other people had a problem with the person running our local post office, after many complaints, he was replaced within 2 months.

Plate plinker
04-25-2015, 07:44 AM
Post office employment used to be a good job what a shame. Now I'm not so sure.

w5pv
04-25-2015, 08:19 AM
In our little one horse town our postal clerks are tops they will help in any way that is legal.

mold maker
04-25-2015, 09:07 AM
For years my gun mags were delivered late and very worn, while the wifes mags were in perfect shape and on time. Turns out the carrier was a gun nut also.
Just before Christmas I had 4 packages delivered to other address, and had to redeliver several, all by FedEx.
Either deliverers can't read, or don't care

458mag
04-25-2015, 09:30 AM
I had trouble with our local postmaster. He assumed sole authority on what you could or couldn't do regarding fire arms shipments. When I tried to show him usps regs regarding mailing firearms he became beligerant. My next step was a complaint to his superiors. He calls me, after his superiors talk to him, still beligerant and seemingly surprised that I called his boss. I complained again. Then I get a letter from his boss telling me my NEW postmaster would be happy to help me.

458mag
04-25-2015, 09:35 AM
I used to subscribe to Shotgun News... came out every 10 days. My postman got in the habit of delivering 3 or 4 at a time after holding them for over a month. I complained to the Mgr at the postoffice... it went downhill fast. First SHE denied they EVER did anything like that and that I should thank them for their courteous and timely service. Then... Paychecks, power bills, notices, etc. kept disappearing for about 6 months. I don't complain anymore. The bureaucrats KNOW we can be trained. I reckon Im untrainable. Have and will go after bureaasses.

gpidaho
04-25-2015, 09:37 AM
Just took eleven days for me to get a letter from Boise to Carson City, WTH GP

Ithaca Gunner
04-25-2015, 11:24 AM
In our little one horse town our postal clerks are tops they will help in any way that is legal.

Oh, I don't have a problem with either of the local small town post offices, it's the morons at the hub in the city that are routing my stuff to a small town 50 miles away for delivery. My stuff comes to the hub, gets routed to a small town 50 miles in the opposite direction, then to another state, then back to a different hub even farther away who at least sends it to our small town post office. Everything shows up in tracking, "sent to wrong post office". Once I can see, everybody can make a mistake, but twice in two weeks to the same small town post office 50 miles in the opposite direction?

Kent Fowler
04-25-2015, 02:03 PM
I "heard" one could get fired 4 times at the USPS and still remain eligible to be rehired. I would love to have this verified.

Blacksmith
04-25-2015, 02:16 PM
I "heard" one could get fired 4 times at the USPS and still remain eligible to be rehired. I would love to have this verified.

Of course they can and probably get preference in hiring because they have "experience"![smilie=b:

Bad Water Bill
04-25-2015, 02:37 PM
My mail carrier stuck a notice in my box that he would no longer deliver my mail till I shoveled the snow off of my sidewalk.

Funny but I have lived here for over 40 years and never CAUGHT one single mailman using the sidewalk.

They always walk across about five of our yards rather than walk back to the street.

As soon as the sun comes out I will take a photo of my front yard showing EXACTLY where he walks.:bigsmyl2:

When we first moved here we planted Greecian wind flowers,as the years passed the flowers spread.

Guess where there are no flowers growing.[smilie=1:

Oh yes my bank electronically pays my bills,I do not wait for no stinking mail,its just junk mail anyhow so it goes directly into the recycle bin.

waynem34
04-25-2015, 02:49 PM
All the mail I get is for other family members that used to live here. I hate that ****. I tell my sister hey get your mailing addy updated and she said she has but to no avail. Brother been dead for year and never lived here but I get mail addressed to him.

Handloader109
04-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Well, I've not had much of an issue with the po. They have even dropped off my lead at my front door. I expected a walk to the door to ask for help, but no. That's service...

BwBrown
04-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Living in a small town in rural PA, we no longer have a post office. It is "a class C postal station."
Priority two day mail takes four days.
Overnight - two to three!
First Class from here typically takes about a week, sometimes more.
I believe that if they raised the rates, it would get better. (?!?)

FISH4BUGS
04-26-2015, 12:46 PM
I live in a small rural NH town. I moved here from the big city and didn't know a soul. I sold a machine gun to a dealer in Florida and the ONLY way to ship is USPS registered insured mail. The postmistress (not a totally unattractive woman as Andy Warhol once put it) and I talked about what I had to ship. I thought she was going to freak but I was wrong. I showed her the `form 4 and paid the bill. She really could care less about what I was shipping. As long as it was legal. I have found the USPS to be reliable and prompt. I have shipped probably thousands of bullets from my manic casting sessions without a hitch in SFRB's.

mold maker
04-26-2015, 08:28 PM
Since when do you have to have a PC to deal with the USPS?
Try filing a lost package claim. Ya gotta do it ONLINE. No wonder they're losing money. If it weren't for publishers clearing house, they would already be bankrupt.

Bad Water Bill
04-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Try getting confirmation that your USPS Money order has been cashed?

I did and after they recorded my age weight height etc I had to pay them $10.00 to chase the MO.

That was over 4 years ago and I still have not heard from the PO.

Go to your local Currency and ask the same question and you will have your answer in seconds and for free.