PDA

View Full Version : A blond decides to fly a helicopter

oldred
04-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Just now heard this one from a DJ on a local radio station,

A blond decided she wanted to learn to fly a helicopter so started taking flying lessons, the instructor was impressed with her quick learning and thinking she was a natural born flyer he decided she was ready to solo in a short time. She lifted off on her first solo flight with the instructor watching from the ground, 2000 ft was uneventful but at 3000 ft the instructor was horrified when the helicopter suddenly plunged to the ground! Running to the crash site in a nearby field he was relieved to see her crawling from the wreckage with only minor injuries, what happened he yelled? She replied "everything was just fine at 2000 ft but at the 3000 ft it was getting very cold and I have no memory of what happened after I turned that big fan off"!

Sorry about that, it's been a boring day I guess but that one just struck me as kind of funny.

buckwheatpaul
04-22-2015, 03:58 PM
I love it.... it made me smile and even Mrs. buckwheatpaul smiled!

osteodoc08
04-22-2015, 04:05 PM
So is it blond or blonde? LOL.

i appreciate the laugh. Always need a good clean joke every now and then.

trapper9260
04-22-2015, 04:12 PM
That was a funny one thanks.

w5pv
04-22-2015, 04:20 PM
good one

osteodoc08
04-22-2015, 04:25 PM
So is it blond or blonde? LOL.

i appreciate the laugh. Always need a good clean joke every now and then.

oldred
04-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Blond???

:oops: Lol, I didn't even see what I had done until it was pointed out to me!

pworley1
04-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Very funny.

RED333
04-22-2015, 07:39 PM
Good joke
now for the grammar people
The joke does have "her" in it.

The word comes to English from French, where it has masculine and feminine forms. As an English noun, it kept those two forms; thus, a blond is a fair-haired male, and a blonde is a fair-haired female.
When you're using the word as an adjective, "blond" is the more common spelling and can be used for males or females; however, "blonde" can also be used to describe a woman or girl with fair hair.
It looks as if the Starbucks marketing people believe we will love their new roast more if we think of it as a woman:
Here are three examples of how the different spellings are commonly used:

The blonde was delighted when Squiggly presented her with a dictionary. (female noun)

The blond wondered if he should use hair gel. (male noun)

The blond mannequin looked horrible in the orange sweater. (adjective)

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/blond-or-blonde

osteodoc08
04-22-2015, 09:38 PM
It was more rhetorical as both are considered correct (AFAIK).