PDA

View Full Version : New line of lead ammo

Friends call me Pac
04-20-2015, 06:33 PM

Got a buddy wanting to try some lead so I will be giving him these two boxes of 30.30 to try.

Kind of hard to read the words on the left box. Says Pac's Wheel Weight Buck Busters, Guaranteed not to bounce off!

texaswoodworker
04-20-2015, 08:08 PM

Got a buddy wanting to try some lead so I will be giving him these two boxes of 30.30 to try.

Kind of hard to read the words on the left box. Says Pac's Wheel Weight Buck Busters, Guaranteed not to bounce off!

I'd be careful doing that. Bob the Fed does not take kindly to people making and selling ammo without first paying for the "privilege" to do so. :(

You need an FFL. The ATF's site should tell you which one you need and how much it is.

Q: Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?

Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html

Friends call me Pac
04-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Seems to me "I will be giving him these two boxes of 30.30 to try." isn't the same as selling him two boxes of ammo to try. The new line of ammo is just a joke. Never planned on selling anything. Just trying to help a friend get into the lead shooting game.

Garyshome
04-20-2015, 08:16 PM
What's the FPS on them thar buck busters?

texaswoodworker
04-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Seems to me "I will be giving him these two boxes of 30.30 to try." isn't the same as selling him two boxes of ammo to try. The new line of ammo is just a joke. Never planned on selling anything. Just trying to help a friend get into the lead shooting game.

I understand that, but you know how the Feds are...

CT-shooter777
04-20-2015, 08:50 PM
I understand that, but you know how the Feds are...

As Warm and Fuzzy as your avatar pic, right ?

runfiverun
04-20-2015, 11:38 PM
you can give or barter away all the ammo you want.
you just can't sell it or the projectile component without paying their ridiculous tax.

PS Paul
04-21-2015, 01:17 AM
Wasn't there some "plant" on here not long ago who engaged in his first and last thread over this very subject? I believe he let us ALL know how very criminal any act of avoiding the King's taxes would be. He he

LoopSoosStroop
04-21-2015, 02:25 AM
Haha, love it!

Plate plinker
04-21-2015, 04:59 AM
Optimal with was GIVE. Well good for you and your buddy.

NUTS

oldred
04-21-2015, 09:26 AM
you can give or barter away all the ammo you want.
you just can't sell it or the projectile component without paying their ridiculous tax.

Do I take this to mean we can't sell a batch of cast bullets if we wanted too? I see them for sale all the time but is it illegal? Maybe I misunderstood your post or maybe it is illegal and if so I have learned something important here!

r6487
04-21-2015, 09:58 AM
according to the regs I read whether you sell, give away, whatever, it doesn't matter--all that is relevant to ATF is either you have the ammo license or you don't. And if you don't have it, should they desire, you could be SOL.

WILCO
04-21-2015, 10:04 AM
I'd be careful doing that. Bob the Fed does not take kindly to people making and selling ammo without first paying for the "privilege" to do so. :(

You need an FFL. The ATF's site should tell you which one you need and how much it is.
Q: Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?

Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.
[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html

Clearly the OP doesn't fit the definition. Sure wish the mods would shut down the trolls. Seems like nobody can make a post without an argument being given.

WILCO
04-21-2015, 10:05 AM

I like it Pac!

foesgth
04-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Guaranteed not to bounce off!

You must have some tuff critters in your neck of the woods!

Friends call me Pac
04-21-2015, 11:35 AM
When I was a boy my Father always had two boxes of 12ga #6's wrapped up under our Christmas tree for my brother and I. Guess the evil criminal traits passed along in the genes. To be safe I better not give these to my buddy. I still have a cool reloading wrapper with pertinent data. All I needed was power point, scissors, scotch tape and a common white box 20 count ammo storage container. I guess that could be mistaken as an actual professional wrapping job. Maybe I have found a gold mine. Labels by Pac?

runfiverun
04-21-2015, 11:58 AM
I'm not gonna go into the specifics because they have been gone over about 10 times before.
anybody interested can search for type 06 FFL and see exactly what the requirements are for the manufacturing license.

one box of ammo you give or barter to your buddy in no way comes close to meeting the requirements of needing one.
heck him bringing you a bucket of ww's in exchange for 500 boolits isn't even close.
re-selling him that box of 30-30's you got at K-mart isn't even on the register for the FFL.
the taxes are paid on the boolits and ammo when it is manufactured, once that's done it's done and a 'reseller' just has to pay sales tax.
that's what those guy's you see at the gun shows are doing.

DougGuy
04-21-2015, 11:59 AM
You could take a second option on lube grooves if you'll take Waksupi for a partner! :kidding:

captaint
04-21-2015, 01:49 PM
All this aside, nice buck !!! Love the packaging too....

texaswoodworker
04-21-2015, 04:04 PM
The point I was making was that the ATF could see the label and accuse him of manufacturing and selling ammo without a license if they wanted to. I know he's doing nothing wrong, you all know he's nothing wrong, but you all know how the ATF can be. It seems like they get a kick out of screwing up gun owners lives. If caring about other members makes me a troll, then I'm a troll and damn proud to be one.

BTW, I think you did a good job on the box. ;)

Blammer
04-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Pac, that's hilarious!

CT-shooter777
04-21-2015, 08:07 PM
I like the box too, great work, IIRC, some other manufacturer, Old Western Scrounger perhaps ? used to do comic (sort of) ammo boxes.
I have a box of 8x50r with something similar, will have to dig it out, take a pic.

Regardless, better to err on the side of caution, who needs the grief........

MaryB
04-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Sheesh some of you are paranoid... my gun guy gave me 200 pound soft lead sheet, I blended some alloy with it and cast up 500 45acp boolits for him as a thank you. No it is not a business and the ATF needs far more than some picture to even begin to claim such!

SeabeeMan
04-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Them are some fancy labels! For a minute I had worried that I put to much into mine but now I see that I need to rise to the challenge!

reloader28
04-22-2015, 12:55 AM
Very, cool.
Thats the same load and boolit I'm using now and like it.

2wheelDuke
04-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Those molds just came back into stock at NOE, the 311 165 with regular lube grooves. I just can't decide how many cavities I want, and if I should spring for brass.

BwBrown
04-25-2015, 10:22 PM
Do I take this to mean we can't sell a batch of cast bullets if we wanted too? I see them for sale all the time but is it illegal? Maybe I misunderstood your post or maybe it is illegal and if so I have learned something important here!

"I" understand it to mean we can't manufacture to sell ammo or projectiles for financial gain.
I believe we can buy stuff, and sell off surplus, or barter, or give away.
If we cast'em or swage'm, we're manufacturing them. But if we manufacture then sell... bunch of legal tiny technicalities.

But back to the original post - maybe a friendly competition for the best reload box labels?

Friends call me Pac
04-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Is it safe to come out of hiding yet?

DLCTEX
04-28-2015, 10:04 PM
Yes, but wear a hard hat just in case.

2wheelDuke
05-01-2015, 10:44 AM
I missed the sale on this mold. Dang. Wound up buying one anyway since a group buy mold was finally ready yesterday.