PDA

View Full Version : April Morning

Ithaca Gunner
04-19-2015, 01:55 PM
19th April
The Royal Welch Fusiliers fought at the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first military engagements of the American Revolutionary War, which took place on 19th April 1775.
The Battles of Lexington and Concord marked the outbreak of open armed conflict between the Kingdom of Great Britain and its thirteen colonies in the mainland of British North America. They were preceded by Paul Revere's famous ride, warning the countryside: "The British are Coming!"
The British aim was to destroy military supplies at Concord and.as they passed through Lexington, the first shot was fired, described by Ralph Waldo Emerson in his "Concord Hymn",as the "shot heard around the world" Both sides opened fire, the Americans were forced to withdraw and the British proceeded to Concorde, but the American milita had regrouped and at the North Bridge in Concorde, 500 militiamen fought and defeated three British companies, forcing the British to retreat to Charlestown, with their mission unaccomplished. The revolutionary war had begun.

waksupi
04-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Patriots Day.

shooter93
04-19-2015, 06:06 PM
There were a number of riders that night....Paul gets the credit though and they weren't crying out....The British are coming.....smiles. But I am glad it turned out the way it did.

Ithaca Gunner
04-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Patriots Day.

The true Patriot's day.

captaint
04-20-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm afraid if something similar happened today, it would be characterized as Terrorist's Day. A shame.

Hickory
04-20-2015, 11:42 AM
I'm afraid if something similar happened today, it would be characterized as Terrorist's Day. A shame.

Only if they lose.

quilbilly
04-20-2015, 03:31 PM
For the last several decades, marxists dictators all over the world have declared counterrevolutionary resistance fighters as terrorists. Long live the resistance.

Moonie
04-20-2015, 03:57 PM
History is written by the victor's.