PDA

View Full Version : Message to 45nut - Black Powder Forum Issues.

texaswoodworker
04-18-2015, 02:37 PM
I tried to send this to you via PM, but for some reason, your box is full (didn't know that could happen with owners). I hope you don't mind me posting this in the open.

EVERY time someone is unfortunate enough to ask a question about a Black Powder Substitute in the Black Powder Cartridge, or any other Black Powder forum, a small group of members attacks that individual and drives the thread off topic and into an argument that is pointless. I feel it's isolating some members (I don't want to post in that section anymore even though there is a lot I'd like to learn about the sport). Is there any way you can put an end to this? They all claim that we shouldn't be posting about BP Subs in a BP forum, but it's not a smokeless powder either so it doesn't fit in that forum.

Thanks.

TWW

Bent Ramrod
04-18-2015, 03:03 PM
I absolutely agree. People who use BP substitutes in muzzle loaders, cartridge guns or anything else have the same rights to disseminate and get info on them as the shooters of any other powder. Instead, their motives for using subs are demanded and derided by a bunch of keyboard inquisitors who seem to think that any thread they can't respond to in their role as ultimate authority on the subject should not be posted in the first place.

The only thing wrong with substitutes is that they have some development work needed to catch up to the lead that black powder has over them. One of the great things about the firearms field is that so many of the advances have been made by individuals working things out on their own. If the firearms designers, amateur ballisticians and wildcat cartridge designers of the past had to contend with the Internet shout-down artists, we'd still be shooting matchlocks.

scb
04-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Sounds like your describing a handful of small minded elitists. I think you would have better luck contacting No_1. I don't think 45NUT is around much if at all.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?33573-No_1

texaswoodworker
04-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Sounds like your describing a handful of small minded elitists. I think you would have better luck contacting No_1. I don't think 45NUT is around much if at all.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?33573-No_1

Thanks, I sent him a PM. :)

texaswoodworker
04-18-2015, 04:12 PM
I absolutely agree. People who use BP substitutes in muzzle loaders, cartridge guns or anything else have the same rights to disseminate and get info on them as the shooters of any other powder. Instead, their motives for using subs are demanded and derided by a bunch of keyboard inquisitors who seem to think that any thread they can't respond to in their role as ultimate authority on the subject should not be posted in the first place.

The only thing wrong with substitutes is that they have some development work needed to catch up to the lead that black powder has over them. One of the great things about the firearms field is that so many of the advances have been made by individuals working things out on their own. If the firearms designers, amateur ballisticians and wildcat cartridge designers of the past had to contend with the Internet shout-down artists, we'd still be shooting matchlocks.

I agree. It's sad when a small group of people harass and condemn others for doing something they don't approve of. Thankfully, most of the gun community and this board are not like that.

The thread I created asking about the difference in performance between real PB and a sub in a cartridge got nuked because a couple members decided to whine about me asking that in the BP forum, and one of them started trolling when I told him to take that argument somewhere else. I didn't get my answer.

runfiverun
04-18-2015, 06:06 PM
i'll get this posted in staff so the situation can be monitored.

JSnover
04-18-2015, 06:46 PM
People probably had the same reaction when that newfangled smokeless powder was being developed. It turned out ok.

RED333
04-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Bout like twist rates and the limits of such.

runfiverun
04-19-2015, 11:29 AM
okay a sub-forum has been set up.
it will be for the B/P substitutes, so hopefully everyone interested can check in there.
it will be a sub-forum to the black powder section.

texaswoodworker
04-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Works for me. :)

Thanks.

jonp
04-19-2015, 03:00 PM
Not the fabled "elitists"? I believe we had a discussion about that not long ago

dagger dog
04-19-2015, 04:32 PM
I've been a member for a short time, and already know of one BP snobs know all, vs replica BP shooters are lower than whale s**t. threads.

It was put down with a hard boot.

Don't see why this attitude has to raid it's dirty head !