PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Dot on my .475

44man
10-03-2005, 09:00 AM
I sighted in my new Ultra Dot yesterday and am impressed with it. The only thing I had trouble with was figuring the exact movement per click at 50 yd's but this is a problem with most red dots and a lot of scopes. It has something to do with the barrel length and the short barrels on revolvers seems to change the adjustments. I moved them too much to start and had to work the hits back into the center.
My last 2 shots were dead center and only 3/4" apart. This was with my home made 429 gr gas checked boolit and 26 grs of 296. I only had five shots left since I had run out of powder so I wanted to see how the scope would do. I set 5 black walnuts on top of my steel plate at 50 yd's and vaporized all 5.
I am happy now and ready for deer.
The only thing about red dots that I wish someone could fix, is that there is no way to focus the dot. Not a problem for hunting but I need corrected glasses for target shooting instead of plain shooting glasses. Without the lenses that a scope has, there is nothing to be done. Maybe someone can design an attachment for the eyepiece.

44man
10-03-2005, 03:54 PM
I went down and got my target. The holes are 5/8" apart, not 3/4".

475/480
10-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Good shooting and well done on the 429gr mould.

Sean