PDA

View Full Version : Back on US soil

troyboy
04-18-2015, 08:42 AM
GOD BLESS AMERICA. So good to be home back on US soil.

nicholst55
04-18-2015, 12:09 PM
Welcome home! Where ya been?

troyboy
04-18-2015, 01:57 PM
Town in the state of Para ,Country of Brasil. The town was cut out of Amazon jungle 30 years ago to support the Iron Ore mine. It is how you would imagine but worse.

Lonegun1894
04-18-2015, 02:03 PM
Glad you're home. Nothing like leaving for a while to make us appreciate being back. Or at least that is always the effect it has on me.

troyboy
04-18-2015, 02:14 PM
Truer words have never been said. Anyone who thinks it so terrible here,has not spent time abroad.

Bad Water Bill
04-18-2015, 04:50 PM
There are many places in Europe where villages still speak a language all their own and I have been told still do not have plumbing and possibly not even electricity.

Yes I visited some of them but that was 40-60 years ago but some of those places were so remote I doubt they have changed much.

Those folks that just sit here and watch TV or only visit major big cities around the world have no idea how well off even the poorest of the poor here in America really are.

Welcome back sir.

starmac
04-18-2015, 09:44 PM
My kids were raised modest, probably borderline child abuse by some folks standards. If they wanted something besides necessities, they got a job and bought it for the most part.
My daughter went on a mission trip to Africa the year after she graduated, and came back with a complete different outlook on life, and what was a necessity and a need.

MtGun44
04-19-2015, 05:39 PM
"Anyone who thinks it so terrible here,has not spent time abroad."

LOL! Yes! I spent a decade picking through the rubble of the soviet union,
looking for a few nuggets to save and it was a real education. Met some fine
people, some real first-class SOBs and saw a lot of places that I never would need to
see again.

I always said that at the arrival terminal from overseas, there needs to be an
official spot, with a nice carpeted knee pad for you to get down and kiss the
ground when you get back.

osteodoc08
04-19-2015, 06:02 PM
If only we could ship all the folks that free load on everyone to a third world country for a while and see how life really is...../

Welcome back. Glad you made it home safely.

troyboy
04-19-2015, 07:29 PM
14 countries in the last 6 years. Nothing better than coming home. We live in the greatest nation on earth and our standard of living is second to none. Every single person I have had the pleasure to work would give anything to be an American. God Bless America.

Walla2
04-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Amen to that brother

NC_JEFF
04-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Welcome back troy

Artful
04-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Welcome back - you should post some pictures of your former work place - I find pictures can bring home to people what words cannot.

Pb2au
04-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Welcome back.
I too travel for my job, and find myself off of American soil. Some folks grumble at the wait time going through customs, me I just sit and relax.
Last year found me working in Mexico again. I have spent quite a bit of time down there. This last trip I was never more relieved to get my feet on American soil. The situation down there is far far worse than most could imagine.
Again, welcome home!

USMC87
04-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Welcome home Troy, I have been gone before and know how it feels to be home.