PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 464

richhodg66
04-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Good? Bad? Experiences, please.

I've seen two of the stainless and laminate versions lately and am intrigued despite being a blued steel and walnut guy for the most part.

pietro
04-17-2015, 03:12 PM

I've only ever coon-fingered one, when they were 1st introduced, in an LGS - but didn't buy it because the open/iron sights were flimsy, and I didn't want to be a beta tester for a new product.

I also didn't think the metal & wood finish was commensurate with the high (comparatively) price.

A few fellas I know, that bought them, have had nothing bad to say about them, and seemed happy/satisfied with their purchase.

jmort
04-17-2015, 03:29 PM
People who actually own one give positive reviews. I want one. Great deal for the $$$. Here is a detailed review

http://www.realguns.com/articles/346.htm

richhodg66
04-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Thanks for that link. I'm real interested in one of these in stainless/laminate configuration.

quilbilly
04-19-2015, 07:31 PM
I have had one for five years and love it. I got it on sale cheap just planning to use it as a "truck rifle" and it turned out very accurate and has shot well every cast boolit it have put through it including boolits from 115 to 165 gr and velocities from 1100 to 2200 FPS. Mine is the blued model and shortly after getting it, saw a stainless model but passed it up. Wish I hadn't for our climate and haven't seen a stainless one since. Definitely got more rifle than I paid for.