PDA

View Full Version : I bought a bottomfeeder!!!

nekshot
04-17-2015, 10:05 AM
I have(had) a severe problem with sparrows and ran out of shotgun shells and 22 shorts so I reluctantly bought a elcheapo wallmart beeman with 2 barrels. I figured if one barrel is not accurate maybe the other will be. Well that was the case as the 22 really shoots good. Now the problem, I was focusing the eye piece on scope and a little o ring came out with the threads(obviously it is torn). I got the scope focused and I want to put some grease-glue or silicone material around the eye piece and tube of scope. What would you use? I was thinking of perma gasket.

HARRYMPOPE
04-17-2015, 05:10 PM
The beemans they sell are pretty good guns.the scopes they package with them are poor.The walmart 3-9 centerpoint has held up well on my airguns.

JonnyReb
04-17-2015, 07:48 PM
I agree, rescope that shooter with a Hawke or Centerpoint aftermarket scope with a good mount (with recoil stop) and your troubles will be almost eliminated. :)

nekshot
04-18-2015, 09:19 AM
I finally figured out out to hold the gun properly with the 22 barrel and I it is shooting in 1 inch at 30 yards. I can only find 1 can of 22's so it will be interesting what other types do. I also want to go back to the 177 because I was not holding it correct when shooting those and I have a few differant varieties of 177 to pick from. I like the weight, stoud enough to feel like a real cf rifle and yet lite enough to handle easily. So far I am pleased and another scope is high on the list of needs.

TCLouis
04-27-2015, 11:58 PM
The Center Point scope will hold up to a springer???

Silverboolit
04-28-2015, 12:48 AM
I put a 4-16x40 Wally World Centerpoint scope on a Ruger Airhawk and it is holding up fine. I think that the Adventure Class is the airgun rated line. One thing nice about Wal Mart is the warranty/return policy.

gloob
04-28-2015, 06:12 PM
The Center Point 3-9 is what came with my Crosman Nitro Venom. A lot of the reviews suggest that the scope will fail early. But I'm still using mine for about 2000 shots fired over 4 years without any problem.

You might not know this, but if you unscrew the cap on the objective, there's an adjustment ring hidden underneath for parallax. Set the magnification to 9 and turn the ring until you get the clearest focus at the distance you want. Then screw the cap back on.