PDA

View Full Version : Midway and the April Savings - Does not Apply to out of stock

ohland
04-15-2015, 06:59 PM
I thought I'd get the RCBS Pro-Melt... Backordered, overdue, but what the heck... In the small segment, they list "out of stock" as not qualifying for the monthly savings. Snap.

http://www.midwayusa.com/promo/2015-Spring-Savings-x3?cm_re=Nav-_-SWBanner-_-aprilpick
"What Products are Excluded? Sale, Clearance, out of stock"...

On one hand, I read that section.... maybe I didn't want to see it...

How do I use the Code?
Click the "Apply" button above.
Add regularly priced, in-stock products to your cart to receive the discount.
See the discount applied to qualifying products in your Cart or during Checkout.

Update: To be clear, the checkout plainly told me I needed to have at least $299 in qualifying purchases to get the April Savings. I was curious why it wasn't showing up... One of those can you believe your lying eyes...

Whatever. Lesson for the day, at Midway, the month's Savings DOES NOT APPLY to out of stock. [smilie=b:

The Pro-Melts were due-in on 04/14.

ohland
04-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Just got off phone with a nice Midway customer service person. She was able to explain the odd two orders (one for backorder 0.00, andother for the shipped order). My Pro-Melt has already left Midway.

I explained the April Savings situation, she went and checked on things for a few minutes, and she got me the $30 credit.

So.. after I do the RCBS $50 rebate, this will be $314, including S&H.

NOTE: Pro-Melts are available, but the $30 April Savings ends on the 18th....

[smilie=w:

RKJ
04-17-2015, 02:30 PM
If the item is on sale it does not apply toward your discount code savings either. I still like Midway but sometimes their policies irritate me.

dilly
04-17-2015, 02:40 PM
I know what you mean; you really have to play their game to get a reasonable price. Every time I have a big order I can find almost every item cheaper somewhere else, but I can never find any store that sells them all in the same place, so ordering them all over the place would actually be more with shipping.

I'm just happy that they have a good inventory and an excellent website for finding what you need.

P.S. They are at a pretty steep price disadvantage as I have to pay them sales tax on top of their prices, but I still wind up going with them usually.

khmer6
04-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Yeah. They have decent price on some things but they are on sale. Even though not much of a savings. You can use coupon code! Blah. I still like midway overall. But yeah sometimes the policies and shipping are crazy. With their volume one would expect a discounted rate

Dave18
04-18-2015, 09:44 AM
have noticed the same on somethings being cheaper but when you order separately you end up paying more, and for what its worth, midway still gets a lot my business, when its all said and done,

enjoy the promelt, it was the best money spent for me, casting is now fun instead of a dripping hassle, just could not get over just how much nicer /easier it made pouring;-)