PDA

View Full Version : Grabagun, RCBS Pro-Melt, and curiosity

ohland
04-15-2015, 04:40 PM
I did my best electric eye impersonation (You and me for JP!) and found an RCBS Pro-Melt for supposedly $319. Hot-day-um, I could feel my credit card struggling to get out of my wallet. Having searched a bit on Grab A Gun, I asked if the RCBS Pro-Melt 81100 was in stock, sent the GAB product page link and the GAB SKU (not the same as the RCBS SKU). Got an answer, expecting arrival on Wednesday (today). Also, the SKU on the page was wrong.

OK, asked again today, I cut n pasted from the GAB product page, they replied "can't find it" asked where I got it. Cut n pasted the GAB SKU, RCBS SKU, description... no go. Again when they searched for RCBS Pro-Melt 81100 nothing came up, so they don't carry it....

It could be they don't update their site very well. It could be their database suxxx. It could be they figured out that everybody else is selling the Pro-Melt for about $50 more, and they would rather say "oops" than miss out on getting more $$$.

I am not mad at all, I'm just not going to even look at Grab A Gun ever again. Clueless, inept, or underhanded. You decide.

:veryconfu

steelworker
04-17-2015, 06:36 AM
I have bought from them before. First time ever buying a rifle online. The whole process was super simple. No complaints from me.

bhn22
04-17-2015, 10:49 AM
Amazon, Optics Planet, and Midway all have them in stock. It appears that there's also a $50.00 mail-in rebate going on with RCBS right now too, since it's over $300.00. Amazon offers free shipping too!

NSB
04-17-2015, 07:27 PM
I bought a new Savage heavy barrel rifle from them and got a fantastic price and service. The owner is working another full time job (or he was then) and did everything humanly possible to make sure I got what I ordered and got it delivered quickly. Not one day goes by that someone isn't on the internet bashing some company because something like this happens. If we all boycotted all those businesses we wouldn't have anywhere left to buy anything.

weasel 21
05-21-2015, 06:29 PM
I did my best electric eye impersonation (You and me for JP!) and found an RCBS Pro-Melt for supposedly $319. Hot-day-um, I could feel my credit card struggling to get out of my wallet. Having searched a bit on Grab A Gun, I asked if the RCBS Pro-Melt 81100 was in stock, sent the GAB product page link and the GAB SKU (not the same as the RCBS SKU). Got an answer, expecting arrival on Wednesday (today). Also, the SKU on the page was wrong.

OK, asked again today, I cut n pasted from the GAB product page, they replied "can't find it" asked where I got it. Cut n pasted the GAB SKU, RCBS SKU, description... no go. Again when they searched for RCBS Pro-Melt 81100 nothing came up, so they don't carry it....

It could be they don't update their site very well. It could be their database suxxx. It could be they figured out that everybody else is selling the Pro-Melt for about $50 more, and they would rather say "oops" than miss out on getting more $$$.

I am not mad at all, I'm just not going to even look at Grab A Gun ever again. Clueless, inept, or underhanded. You decide.

:veryconfuI just ordered the same thing for the same price;Grab a gun came thru; cheapest price w/rebate of $50.

ohland
05-21-2015, 09:05 PM
I just ordered the same thing for the same price;Grab a gun came thru; cheapest price w/rebate of $50.

Inept. Thursday looks to be a clear day with light winds, good for casting with my Pro-Melt.