PDA

View Full Version : Information needed

SharpsShooter
04-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Hey guys I'm looking for some information about a battery charger. It is a Schumacher SB – 1052 manual model. Long story, but the power cord got ripped completely out of the case. I pulled it apart this morning and everything seems okay. I have a three wire grounded replacement cord. My problem is where did the leads attach. The switch itself has eight posts for the three different power settings.

Anyway, if you happen to have one and could pop the top off, take a picture and PM or email it to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

SS

Mk42gunner
04-14-2015, 02:35 PM
I looked (google) and couldn't find an SB 1052. I did find an SE 1052 which is quite similar to the little lunch box sized 6/12V 2/10A charger I have.

The good news is I have changed the power cord, the bad news is the charger is in town at Mom's house right now. I will try to remember to pick it up this evening. As I recall one power lead goes directly to the transformer, while the other goes to the switch.

Any evidence of the connector being pulled from a terminal?

Robert

SharpsShooter
04-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Robert, I can't see any evidence of a spade terminal being pulled loose. The "SE – 1052" is correct. My speech recognition software swapped out a B for a capital E.

Thank you for your help. I truly appreciate it.

SS

Mk42gunner
04-15-2015, 02:59 PM
SS,

I was wrong, my charger is a 6/12V 2/6 Amp, Model SE-82-6. The really good news is that the three position switch on front looks like yours, and it has eight posts on the back.

Looking at the rear (terminal side) of the switch ====, while the transformer has four plastic dual terminal holders across the top, with only five terminals, four of which are used.

The ac wire has the ground wire going to the case.
The neutral wire going to the lower terminal second from the left
The hot wire going to the transformer at the second dual holder from the left, left terminal.

That is probably clear as mud. The eight pin switch has only four wires attached to it, no wires are attached to terminals above or below each other.

Hope this helps, don't electrocute yourself,

Robert

PM sent.