PDA

View Full Version : YIPPEE! Supressor Approved!

FISH4BUGS
04-14-2015, 01:23 PM
My Masterpiece Arms Sentinel 22 Suppressor was purchased on 10/15/14, the check was cashed by the ATFE on 11/5/14 and the approval came 4/10/15. 5 months....things must be improving.
YIPPEE! Christmas in April.

JeffinNZ
04-14-2015, 06:13 PM
Suppressors rock. My . 223 with full loads sounds like a.22RF.

bikerbeans
04-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Mine paperwork took almost a year, glad to hear it is spending up a bit. Enjoy your new can!

BB

Artful
04-14-2015, 08:30 PM
Congrat's, my last one took 4 months on a trust to LLC transfer.

dale2242
04-15-2015, 07:33 AM
It took 22 months for them to approve one for a friend that already had been approved once....dale

Lonegun1894
04-15-2015, 12:00 PM
My last one took just a few days short of 10 months. Glad it's improving.

xacex
04-15-2015, 12:05 PM
My last one took 30 days. I have two pending right now, and are coming up on 60. I do form 1's on a trust, so my waits times are a bit different. Expect a slowdown as a bunch of filers have done forms ahead of 41p. Eforms are taking about 60 days now down from 30 several months ago. Suppressors will put a smile on your face for sure, but be careful they are addictive. I have already started to draw up plans for several more among other things.

FISH4BUGS
04-15-2015, 12:49 PM
My last one took 30 days. I have two pending right now, and are coming up on 60. I do form 1's on a trust, so my waits times are a bit different. Expect a slowdown as a bunch of filers have done forms ahead of 41p. Eforms are taking about 60 days now down from 30 several months ago. Suppressors will put a smile on your face for sure, but be careful they are addictive. I have already started to draw up plans for several more among other things.

Unfortunately, I have had the full auto disease since 1986 when the gummint said no more to be manufactured for civilian use. I can't really afford any new ones to add to my collection at today's prices, so I'll just keep on with SBR's, SBS's, AOW's and supressors. When the itch gets to me, I'll drag out one of the full autos from the safe that I have owned for almost 30 years and burn up 1000 rounds or so. That takes care of that jones for while.

xacex
04-15-2015, 02:01 PM
Unfortunately, I have had the full auto disease since 1986 when the gummint said no more to be manufactured for civilian use. I can't really afford any new ones to add to my collection at today's prices, so I'll just keep on with SBR's, SBS's, AOW's and supressors. When the itch gets to me, I'll drag out one of the full autos from the safe that I have owned for almost 30 years and burn up 1000 rounds or so. That takes care of that jones for while.
Yes, I feel the itch. The prices are sky high, and almost out of touch for anyone but the most hardcore NFA junky. I have one of those slidefire thingys, and it does not help to have one of those, and a NFA trust. You start cruising around looking at prices on the real deal. I have a MAC in my future for sure. Most likely a MAC 10 9mm for the slower rate of fire. The rest seem like bullet hoses. I wish I could afford a AR15 DIAS, or a Norell trigger pack for a 10/22, but I could buy a nice,newer, used 4x4 truck for that. Priorities...

Artful
04-15-2015, 03:12 PM
xacex, you do know about the slowfire modifications to little Mac Buzz guns, don't you?

FISH4BUGS
04-15-2015, 04:28 PM
xacex, you do know about the slowfire modifications to little Mac Buzz guns, don't you?
Take a look at this. I think i am going to find (someday) a 9mm upper for the M11A1 380 buzzgun. They made them for a while.

http://www.max-11.com/

xacex
04-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the link. I knew about the LAGE system, and looked at it but they are always out of stock. Seems like a good alternative to be able to adjust the rate of fire. I would rather have a MAC 10/45 anyway, with it registered as 45ACP, and 9mm. There is at least one company selling new ones (new old stock) that are registered this way, and come complete with the 45 upper. You guys are not helping with my itch. lol

Artful
04-16-2015, 10:39 AM
We are here to serve.

FISH4BUGS
04-16-2015, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the link. I knew about the LAGE system, and looked at it but they are always out of stock. Seems like a good alternative to be able to adjust the rate of fire. I would rather have a MAC 10/45 anyway, with it registered as 45ACP, and 9mm. There is at least one company selling new ones (new old stock) that are registered this way, and come complete with the 45 upper. You guys are not helping with my itch. lol

Resistance is futile.

ksfowler166
04-23-2015, 05:51 PM
The answer is simple move to some place like Alaska or Kansas and build your own NFA firearms/accessories with out any paper work. For those that don't know I am referring to the laws that state any firearm or accessory manufactured in state, marked made in "insert appropriate state name", and kept within that state are not subject to federal law.

Artful
04-24-2015, 01:10 AM
ksfowler166 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?35055-ksfowler166), I think I'd get my lawyer's advise before I followed thru on that build.

I had a friend call today - his trust transfer (form 4) was approved in just under 3 months.

Cmm_3940
04-24-2015, 03:36 AM
The answer is simple move to some place like Alaska or Kansas and build your own NFA firearms/accessories with out any paper work. For those that don't know I am referring to the laws that state any firearm or accessory manufactured in state, marked made in "insert appropriate state name", and kept within that state are not subject to federal law.

Were the raw metal ores mined, smelted, alloyed, forged, and machined in the state? Was every little part and accessory, down to the smallest spring and pin, made in state? If not, I'm pretty sure they've still gotcha. Please consult a lawyer.

ksfowler166
04-24-2015, 03:32 PM
I never said I had any interest in making NFA regulated weapons or accessories and I don't. I do plan on taking to the KS AG office to see if they would defend anyone prosecuted who uses that law as a defense. As for Alaska there is no question the law clearly states if a person is prosecuted by the fed even though they are in compliance with the law the Alaskan AG office will defend them.

Now Cmm that is a very common assumption for some reason. But is not the case.

(b) This section applies to a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is possessed in this state or manufactured in this state from basic materials and that can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state. Generic and insignificant parts that have other manufacturing or consumer product applications are not firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition, and their importation into this state and incorporation into a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured in this state does not subject the firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition to federal regulation. Basic materials, such as unmachined steel and unshaped wood, are not firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition and are not subject to congressional authority to regulate firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition under interstate commerce as if they were actually firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition. The authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce in basic materials does not include authority to regulate firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition possessed in this state or made in this state from those materials. Firearm accessories that are imported into this state from another state and that are subject to federal regulation as being in interstate commerce do not subject a firearm to federal regulation under interstate commerce because they are attached to or used in conjunction with a firearm in this state.
http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/statutes.asp#44.99.500

(b) Component parts are not firearms, firearms accessories or ammunition, and their importation into Kansas and incorporation into a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition manufactured and owned in Kansas does not subject the firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition to federal regulation. It is declared by the legislature that such component parts are not firearms, firearms accessories or ammunition and are not subject to congressional authority to regulate firearms, firearms accessories and ammunition under interstate commerce as if they were actually firearms, firearms accessories or ammunition.
http://kslegislature.org/li_2014/b2013_14/statute/050_000_0000_chapter/050_012_0000_article/050_012_0004_section/050_012_0004_k/

Cmm_3940
04-24-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm on your side in this fight, and it would be interesting to see what the KS AG says. BUT, what you posted is state law, and the Feds usually get their way with these things, so I'd be cautious.

Handloader109
04-25-2015, 09:34 AM
I think it is a disgrace to have to pay your $ for a tax, then wait on "approval" By the feds. Having said that, it is what is on the books and I for one won't be building my own. Your state gov will roll over and play dead when the feds come knocking. Guaranteed 100%

30Carbine
04-25-2015, 11:04 AM
I have been waiting for almost 2 months now a little bit longer yea. on a side note as stated previously we can build our own firearms here our laws states. this was updated in 2010 I also talked to my lawyer about it before I made my first one the only caveat we have is we have to mark them made in South Dakota.

37-35-4 Made in South Dakota stamp required. 37-35-4. Made in South Dakota stamp required. A firearm manufactured or sold in South Dakota pursuant to this chapter shall have the words, Made in South Dakota, clearly stamped on a central metallic part, such as the receiver or frame.
Source: SL 2010, ch 198, § 4.

37-35-2 Firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition manufactured and retained in state declared ... 37-35-2. Firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition manufactured and retained in state declared exempt from federal regulation. Any firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in South Dakota and that remains within the borders of South Dakota is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of Congress to regulate interstate commerce. It is declared by the Legislature that those items have not traveled in interstate commerce. This section applies to any firearm, firearm accessory, and ammunition that is manufactured in South Dakota from basic materials and that can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state. Any generic and insignificant part that has other manufacturing or consumer product application is not a firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition, and importation of such parts into South Dakota and incorporation into a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured in South Dakota does not subject the firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition to federal regulation. It is declared by the Legislature that any basic material, such as unmachined steel and unshaped wood, is not a firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition and is not subject to congressional authority to regulate any firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition under interstate commerce as if it was actually a firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition. The authority of Congress to regulate interstate commerce in basic material does not include authority to regulate any firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition made in South Dakota from such basic material. Any firearm accessory that is imported into South Dakota from another state and that is subject to federal regulation as being in interstate commerce does not subject a firearm to federal regulation under interstate commerce because it is attached to or used in conjunction with a firearm in South Dakota.
Source: SL 2010, ch 198, § 2.