PDA

View Full Version : USPS service is worse than terrible.

mold maker
04-14-2015, 09:42 AM
Made a trade with a fellow member that included us both mailing a MFR box to each other. His package to me made it in 2 days. Below is the tracking record of mine to him.
By the way, after 30 days I reshipped to him, and it too made it in 3 days.

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
Delivered, In/At Mailbox
LINCOLN, CA 95648

Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 2:02 pm on April 13, 2015 in LINCOLN, CA 95648.

April 13, 2015 , 7:59 am Note date delivered

Out for Delivery
LINCOLN, CA 95648
April 13, 2015 , 7:49 am
Sorting Complete
LINCOLN, CA 95648
April 13, 2015 , 6:03 am
Arrived at Post Office
LINCOLN, CA 95648
March 5, 2015 , 3:02 am
[FONT=Arial]Departed USPS Facility
GREENSBORO, NC 27498
March 5, 2015 , 12:10 am
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
GREENSBORO, NC 27498
March 4, 2015 , 5:03 pm
Departed Post Office
CONOVER, NC 28613
March 4, 2015 , 3:31 pm
Acceptance
CONOVER, NC 28613 Note shopping date

I've heard all my life that the West coast would someday fall off into the ocean. It must have drifted a long ways out to sea for it to take this long.
I had already mailed the loss claim. Wonder if they will try to prosecute me for ins fraud?

jmort
04-14-2015, 09:52 AM
I ordered a box of Magic Alloy from Missouri Bullets and it took weeks via priority mail to get to me on the west coast. Went from Missouri to Florida, for reasons unkown, and toured a couple other states and finally made it to me. Box was in terrible shape, but the Magic Alloy was intact.

Land Owner
04-14-2015, 10:42 AM
There was some terrible weather in the months of March and early April across the mid-Atlantic, North-East, and mid-West. Not saying there was anything in that which contributed to this malise. I had a Certified Return Receipt First Class Letter that took nearly 3-weeks to go from FL to CA in that same time period. I want to believe it was weather related but feel like there was some I Don't Care in there too.

You're a good man mold maker for resending the package. That takes class, character, backbone, and financing to suck it up like that. I am glad it will work out that extra shipping is all that is now in contention with the USPO.

The "Spousal Unit" and I, not communicating, paid separately for our annual Post Office Box, each paying In Full by credit card on the same day, and the USPO "policy" is refund of only 50% of the 2nd payment (>$30.00). I threatened to call the credit card company and the Post Master threatened to retalate by stopping the mail! GRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

starmac
04-14-2015, 12:08 PM
Maybe, but is the best we have here.

Ithaca Gunner
04-14-2015, 12:58 PM
They do fine for me, lots better than most other carriers. UPS is about equal, but I dread when someone sends something Fedx or any other.

gtgeorge
04-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Nothing is perfect but out of hundreds of packages I send a year there are very few problems as well as the many coming in. Yep every now and then there is a problem but works for the most part. That one almost fell of the edge of the earth for you and the wort example I have seen and it make it through.

quietmike
04-14-2015, 02:28 PM
I sent a letter to buckshot on the 30th to order a sizing die, still hasn't got there yet.

Sent a knife to a guy on another forum, going to Canada, and it took a month to get there. Made it to Canada three times and they would divert it to Florida. ???? Called the post office and they had no explanation for it, but said not to worry as long as it was still moving it would get there.....eventually.

I've had several packages where the tracking number said it was delivered, and a call to the post office had the postman ensure it was left on my porch, only to have a neighbor call a few days later to tell me it was at their house.

Harter66
04-14-2015, 09:02 PM
I can tell you for certain that everything takes longer going east to west than west to east. There is a chunk of Tx that I guess gets everything by pack mule. UPS is pretty special on the cheapest shipping to me especially Midway . It gets to Reno in 2-3 days sorts to Fallon Nv overnight, goes into USPS there,back to Reno then to Hawthorne . It takes 3 days to cover 2500 road miles then 3 more for the last 140 which winds up being about 220.

GLL
04-14-2015, 09:12 PM
MFR box recently took 18 days from Oregon to Los Angeles !
It took 7 of those days to go the last 2 miles ! :(

Jerry

GLL
04-14-2015, 09:16 PM
I can tell you for certain that everything takes longer going east to west than west to east.

You are right about that. I send Priority mail letters to Indiana from Los Angeles and it takes 3 days. The return Priority Mail letters from Indiana to LA regularly take 7 days !

Jerry

JWFilips
04-14-2015, 09:44 PM
I Never had a problem with Priority mail in the past 7 years...sending or receiving! (?)

jcwit
04-14-2015, 09:52 PM
For the millions of packages USPS ships & delivers daily they are dam near perfect.

mold maker
04-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Wasn't it 10 days from East to west by Pony express? Doesn't look to me like we've improved that much with air freight.
It's kinda like your Dr. faxing a script to your pharmacy. I can easily drive the 8 miles and stop for lunch, before a fax traveling the speed of light, makes it to the drugstore.