PDA

View Full Version : No more hunting with boolits in Ca?

silverado
04-12-2015, 09:53 AM
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/california-officially-bans-hunters-from-using-lead-bullets/

Well, glad I'm not moving there any time soon.

44man
04-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Liberals have chewed lead too long. All ate paint when growing up.

Blacktail 8541
04-12-2015, 12:08 PM
They can regulate all they want. Hunters will use what they have or can reasonably get.

Bad Water Bill
04-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Condors were good at cleaning up the left overs if mastodons and wooly mammoths

They should have been allowed to vanish just like their lunch.

When was the last time you saw either of them munching grass in YOUR back yard Gov Moon bat?

Doc Highwall
04-12-2015, 05:45 PM
I thought someone here posted a link that the data used in the report about the lead in California study was bogus.

jmort
04-12-2015, 06:06 PM
When do liberals care about facts?

TXGunNut
04-12-2015, 10:58 PM
I thought someone here posted a link that the data used in the report about the lead in California study was bogus.

Hard science has no effect on liberal feel-good legislation.

Digital Dan
04-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Might be the price if .22 RF guns and ammo will drop a bit in what is left of the US of A.

freebullet
04-12-2015, 11:23 PM
This is clearly political and should be in that section.
But whatever-
I don't think condors eat lead I think dem dumbos be the ones eating it.

Doc Highwall
04-13-2015, 12:19 AM
I just took the test and it was almost exact it said I am 63, but not for another 6 days.

JeffinNZ
04-13-2015, 04:56 AM
Why do people even abide by these rules? Just ignore them. They can't enforce this non sense.

GabbyM
04-13-2015, 12:49 PM
Why do people even abide by these rules? Just ignore them. They can't enforce this non sense.

Many probably do.
That however is a totalitarian government tactic dating back to B.C. times. Since the only control any government has over citizens is to charge them with breaking a law. Pass enough laws and government has total control over public. AKA totalitarianism. Place enough pity regulation of firearms and you’ve outlawed them.

GabbyM
04-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Liberals and Communist of all flavors. Don’t care about safety or gun ownership. They most of all want control. So they come after religion and guns first. There efforts are not nonsense of any sort. They are well aware of what they plan to accomplish. Most people who vote them into office are IMHO just useful idiots.

Duckiller
04-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Jeff they can and will enforce the lead ban. All waterfowl is shot with approved non-toxic shot. Some people still hunt with lead. If they get caught it gets expensive. Non-toxic (copper)bullets will gradually become available in most calibers and then the State will vigorously enforce the law. Enforcement may include confiscation of the firearm firing lead boolits. Copper boolits now cost $1.00-$1.50 each now. Non-toxic 22WRM cost about $14.00 for a box of 50 when you can find them. I don't believe I have ever seen non-toxic 22LR.

white eagle
04-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Copper bullets are toxic as well
everything I have shot with my X-Bullets died

white eagle
04-13-2015, 07:06 PM
the morons just dont like hunting
in this day and age they have cars that even can be driven by people that have no business driving
(they are called safety features)
most now are becoming so attached to their phones and technology that the caveman ways are being left behind

tradbear55
04-13-2015, 08:07 PM
When do liberals care about facts?

True statement right there!

ammohead
04-13-2015, 08:22 PM
It has nothing to do with condors or what kind of bullets you are using. They simply don't like not having control over the ammo that is made at home. We cast our own boolits at will. It is the demonization of lead that you are witnessing. When ever the libtards can't control something, they demonize it. With enough fear mongering soon you will need a special license giving you the permission to possess lead in any form and will be told how much you can possess at one time. If they can't take the guns they will go after the ammo and if they can't control how much ammo you can make at home????

DrCaveman
04-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Zinc baby! Where there's a will there's a way! Or how about mercury-core copper-plated steel-tipped! That aught to be good for both environmental health and the engine blocks of warden vehicles!

woodbutcher
04-13-2015, 09:38 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssssssssssss.The land of Fruits and Nuts.Back in the early 60`s when friends of the family moved back to Florida they were already referring to that state as"Commiefornia".
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

dragon813gt
04-13-2015, 10:16 PM

Because I'm betting if it's not yet it will become a felony to use lead bullets. Which of course means no more firearms for you. CA has a coyote and mountain lion problem that's going to get worse in a hurry. Can't wait to see how this one plays out from the other side of the county.

fastdadio
04-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Wow, the nonsense coming out of that state is just unbelievable. Not only am I a gun guy but also an avid motorcyclist. I feel like I'm under attack in everything I love to do and 98% of the BS originates there. I know this subject is borderline political and this is not the place but I just have to say it. After a particular incident there a few years ago I decided to boycot all goods and services originating from that state. It's been tough. It is the center of the aftermarket motorcycle industry, all the moto mags are there. Cancelled them all. I don't know what I'm going to do when I need a new computer. Buy used I guess. Sure do miss them little oranges but I can sometimes find them imported from Spain. What else ya gonna do?

DrCaveman
04-16-2015, 10:50 PM
Ya gotta realize that there are a lot of great people, YOUR TYPE of people, in california. My take, from my time going to school and living there, is that they made the state the financial powerhouse that it is.

Unfortunately, there are so many damn people there, that the number of anti-gun and anti-hunting can make the rules. But ill bet there are still more cool people overall in CA than any other state. Except maybe Texas. Go ahead and lambaste me, then look deeper and think of outfits like LASC and Livermore labs and tell me that california is not chock full of major contributors to the casting, hunting, and national defense fields

quilbilly
04-16-2015, 11:39 PM
My worry is that the drought will force 25 million Californians to evacuate to the rest of the west to extend the Californication (I can say this since I was born and raised within bicycle distance of the Rose Bowl).
That is not as fanciful as it sounds. About ten years ago a study was done on a sunken forest over 200 feet down in Lake Tahoe. That forest grew in that spot for fifty years during a drought. The researchers noted that should such a drought occur today, there would only be enough fresh water in California to sustain 3-5 million people. Tree rings show those mega droughts occur in the Southwest (Calif. plus all the states of the Four Corners region) about every 400 years. The last ended just before the arrival of Columbus.

BAGTIC
04-18-2015, 09:29 AM
Tree rings also show there was a mega drought in California from about 1700-1775. Precipitation was only about 25% of normal.

Bad Water Bill
04-18-2015, 10:13 AM
My worry is that the drought will force 25 million Californians to evacuate to the rest of the west to extend the Californication (I can say this since I was born and raised within bicycle distance of the Rose Bowl).
That is not as fanciful as it sounds. About ten years ago a study was done on a sunken forest over 200 feet down in Lake Tahoe. That forest grew in that spot for fifty years during a drought. The researchers noted that should such a drought occur today, there would only be enough fresh water in California to sustain 3-5 million people. Tree rings show those mega droughts occur in the Southwest (Calif. plus all the states of the Four Corners region) about every 400 years. The last ended just before the arrival of Columbus.

Many years ago the question came up about what happened to all of the cliff dwelling tribes of the S W.

At that time researchers looked at the tree rings and it was determined a major drought hit the S W area and the original builders abandoned vast areas in search of a simple glass of water.

At one time there were vast areas of irrigation ditches built in and around Phoenix Az.

I never heard of any studies being done on who the builders were,when the work was done,what crops were raised or when the ditches were abandoned.

Mother nature has been experimenting on this planet since its existence and we are only observers not problem makers.

Yes SOME humans made big mistakes like building in a desert area and thinking they were smart enough to beat mother nature but she seems to win every time if you give the old girl TIME.

opos
04-18-2015, 10:21 AM
It's also a 65mph speed limit on most freeways out here and of course we all drive just right to make sure we are following the laws...sure we do. We are overwhelmed with nit picking stuff from Sacramento..not to mention the Feds..some of our attitudes are "catch us if you can" regarding lots of things...enough said

44man
04-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Kalifornia does have a lot of great people but their votes are a drop in the bucket compared to the quacks. Getting the same all over the country. What Kaly gets away with is taken up in the east real fast. I feel my vote is useless anymore since so many nut cases drown me out. The more on gov't dole the worse it gets. Demoncrats will win. Get every wetback vote is next. Let more Muslims in the country. I was born in the north, Ohio, but would proudly wave the next confederate flag as old as I am. We must go back to the Constitution.
I think 46 Demoncrats voted to have the UN take our guns. Soros and Bloomberg should be tarred and feathered. Gun companies should all move out of Kalifornia. Texas and WV will take them in.
I hope kalifornia never gets a drop of water again and it should fall into the sea.
MD is shot and VA is borderline, then go north, NY is a cess pool.

quilbilly
04-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Many years ago the question came up about what happened to all of the cliff dwelling tribes of the S W.

At that time researchers looked at the tree rings and it was determined a major drought hit the S W area and the original builders abandoned vast areas in search of a simple glass of water.

At one time there were vast areas of irrigation ditches built in and around Phoenix Az.

I never heard of any studies being done on who the builders were,when the work was done,what crops were raised or when the ditches were abandoned.

Mother nature has been experimenting on this planet since its existence and we are only observers not problem makers.

Yes SOME humans made big mistakes like building in a desert area and thinking they were smart enough to beat mother nature but she seems to win every time if you give the old girl TIME.
The Anasazi were the Indians you mentioned and were forced to move (or take up defensive positions) several times over a 1000 years each corresponding to a mega drought. we live in interesting times.

Bad Water Bill
04-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Yes the Anasazi were the cliff builders but who built the irrigation system near Phoenix Az?

Blue2
04-20-2015, 04:15 PM
I would assume though that you are not hunting until you actually shoot at an animal. Therefore target practice with lead bullets should not be a problem.

44man
04-21-2015, 10:01 AM
I would assume though that you are not hunting until you actually shoot at an animal. Therefore target practice with lead bullets should not be a problem.
Don't bet on it! Kali is where the WW lead ban started, lead poisons the earth but in my whole life i only found one WW at a crash site. When have you EVER lost a WW? Lead is pretty inert. Might take a million years to leach into water. Far less then natural junk in water. Water pipes were soldered with lead for years so some could have been in water but Kali kids ate lead paint because it is sweet. Made them all crazy. How many of you would let your kids eat paint from windowsills? Or chew the crib? Know what a paddle is for?

44man
04-21-2015, 10:03 AM
Kali needs water, pipe it in lead pipes so you will have a million more Hillery's.

hicard
04-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Fish and Game Wardens will be ordered to enforce the lead ban by their supervisors. Fines will be excessive and if you are anywhere that is not a gun range, you will be considered hunting and will have your rifle confiscated and be fined as much as $1500 or more so you Will Comply or face the consequences. I am already reluctant to pay the high hunting and fishing fees here in Calif. I guess I will be reduced to target shooting at the range from now on. I wonder what would happen if there was a total boycott on hunting and fishing licenses. Who would fund fish and game then?

9.3X62AL
04-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Haters gonna hate. Posters lacking the insight or sense to discern the VAST differences between the good people of California and the dipthong shotcallers in Sacramento need to stay low and keep dark.

GabbyM
04-21-2015, 10:53 AM
The last time California built a water project. It's population was half what it is now. Over 70% of California rain fall is allowed to run off into the ocean. Since greenies say a dam is a sin against nature. This water shortage is man made.

44man
04-21-2015, 11:46 AM
It is true there are good people in Kali but I get sick of reading stuff on every product that it is not legal in Kali. I am clear across the country but a bottle of anything has Kali restrictions. Why is that stuff on everything we buy? Look at cars, every one has to be different. Dips do not allow clearing brush so the state burns and pollutes the world. Mansions burn but that is OK, a WW is worse. The smoke from out there puts all the steel makers to shame. The west burns every year but the EPA wants to stop a wood burner to heat with. They are after a BBQ too. Smoke meat and go to jail!
When all of you out there need to boil a steak in water because a char mark causes cancer, don't blame me. All that junk comes from out there.
You can't afford to live close to work so you drive hundreds of miles to work, use gas and oil. Who made it too expensive to live there?
Why are companies bailing the state? Why so much debt?
A republican in Kali is one dead leaf from a tree.
Sea water can be made fresh with the plants now, filters. But Kali wants water from other states rivers and mountains. The earth has tilted a few degrees because of earthquakes so weather has changed. Global warming! What trash. Sun energy is different. Al Gore will fix it when he has a bigger carbon footprint then 1,000,000 of us. He is super rich on our backs. A few degrees tilt of the earth will make deserts out of lush land. Kali is the target right now. It will be a dust bowl. But I will be blamed because I drive a car.
The heat in Africa makes hurricanes but your BBQ is a felony.
Cut the rain forest down. It has reduced carbon forever and made oxygen for the earth.
Soon we will be Mars. The most greedy are liberals and will ruin the earth.

Bad Water Bill
04-21-2015, 11:59 AM
I just ATTEMPTED to check out GOOSE LAKE (one of my old time rockhounding sites)using google map and found out it must be a restricted area.

All of the area including viillages is covered on grey.

Wonder how the folks in Oregon feel about their water vanishing?

44man
04-21-2015, 12:41 PM
I just ATTEMPTED to check out GOOSE LAKE (one of my old time rockhounding sites)using google map and found out it must be a restricted area.

No better, depend on snow melt or kali stealing water. Sun hits the earth different so look east where it is colder. Washington is in trouble too. The east has had more snow, cold and rain then at anytime. DC got smacked last night so maybe I can bottle water to sell. I heat with wood so maybe I ruined the west. Nature can't be tamed. But the military might be controlling weather. What is that huge array in Alaska doing?

xacex
04-21-2015, 08:01 PM

That's odd. I drove by not 6 moths ago, and it was not all grey?

Here in the valley there is no concern about a water shortage, but I am worried what this means for the coast range. It is dry in the range this year. More of a fire hazard, and closed hunting is what is means for me. I was up a few weeks to set up cameras, and it is as dry as june already. No campfire signs are already being placed, and I expect gates will be closing in a matter of weeks instead of July, or August. This is going to be a bad fire year on the west coast. All that ribbing on the east coast for all the snow, and they will be laughing at us as we try to figure out how to deal with the firestorms.

fatelk
04-21-2015, 08:51 PM
Yes, lots of good folks in California, they're just terribly outnumbered. I'm sick to think that it now looks like Oregon has gone the same way. The whole west coast is "Californicated". :( As of this last election, Salem is now about as bad a Sacramento.

I haven't been following it closely, but I hear the crazies in Salem are in the process of ramming through a "universal background check" (AKA de-facto registration). Oregon is definitely a "blue state" nowadays, but with a strong libertarian streak. I wouldn't have thought that would fly here.

ammohead
04-22-2015, 11:12 PM
Quite a few years back CA outlawed cigarette smoking in public places. Go to Susanville there isn't a bar in town that don't have ashtrays from end to end. People will use leaded bullets you can bet on that. Not all of them, but.

Bad Water Bill
04-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Isn't that where men are still men and all of the WOMEN love them because they are real men.

To bad they can not lift their tail hook and let the trash part sail off into the sunset.

trapper9260
04-23-2015, 06:08 AM
From how it looks to me when the wildlife take over due to lack of control by hunting and more people gets kill and all the damage that is going to happened they will feel better about them self but not for the ones that will pay for it in the long run.I did not care for the state really for all the crazy laws that came from there and spread to the rest of us.

44man
04-23-2015, 11:30 AM
We do not laugh and really feel bad for all of you. But the gov't out there does more harm.
I remember long ago as a kid, you could not breath the air in Cleveland. Junk ate paint off cars and houses. Lake Erie was a cess pool. Turds floating and the river made a brown, black trail for miles into the lake, caught fire once. But it has been cleaned up so you can see 40' into the water. I agree we must clean up but politics is not the way. What we have today is more clean water and air. Steel mills just went to China and they can't breath over there and pollution spreads all over.
Too much regulation will just move bad things somewhere else. Regulation costs jobs. There has to be a balance, not a total ban. Kali has more regulations then anywhere on earth but still contribute to pollution more then any other state. Billions of cars that clog freeways and fires. But they want me to stop heating with wood. The fight for water from other states is crazy. The ocean is there, make water.
The latest is salt does not harm you and if you have diabetes, eat more bacon. Butter is good for you. I am not happy with less then 1/2# of bacon and only butter is allowed here and tons of cheese. I eat more cheese in a day then some eat in a year. I don't want Kali to tell me a single thing. I have fooled with lead for over 61 years so don't tell me it is bad. I just don't want that state messing with me.

BAGTIC
04-24-2015, 04:24 PM
I have lost many wheel weights and found even more. When I lived in town in California when I went for my daily constitutionals I would collect from a couple pounds to upwards of twenty pounds from the streets. More are found at intersections and curb cuts than anywhere else. The exit from a local tire dealer was one of the most productive and many of the weights were bright and shiny having never made it onto the roads. Intersections at major roads produced the most big truck sized weights.

BAGTIC
04-24-2015, 04:26 PM
"Kali has more regulations then anywhere on earth but still contribute to pollution more then any other state. "

That is because they have more people than any other state. People are the main cause of pollution.

44man
04-24-2015, 05:42 PM
"Kali has more regulations then anywhere on earth but still contribute to pollution more then any other state. "

That is because they have more people than any other state. People are the main cause of pollution.
Of course but they feel they can do what they want to but you cant. They want all the water from other states. They want all the gas so they can idle for hours. But you should not have any gas.
Get electric cars to plug in and use a million tons of coal that charge your batteries. Use solar stuff but to make the solar stuff takes energy. Nothing is free. Friend had solar panels put on his roof, over $30,000 and he will never pay it off but brags about his low electric bills. Liberals are crazy.
The people in Kaly should all go pee in the fields to grow crops. Water from other states do not belong to them. What does a house cost? Movie star liberals, $200,000,000 is a start.
Who out there is paying for the illegal Mexicans pouring in. My SS is classed as an "entitlement" after paying all my life to be stolen by democrats. But cross the border and get it all free. Don't give me the "more people stuff" it is your fault if you condone it. Why would a wet back go to Kali unless he was supported? He might own the building where you pay $90,000 a month rent. How did he get the building? Could you or me buy it? Get real. Liberals want votes and pay for it with our tax money. Soon every wet back will be able to vote and also every Muslim. Watch our freedom go away.

Blacktail 8541
04-25-2015, 12:15 PM
44man . I agree with a lot of what you say and also disagree with a fair amount. On the subject of our politicians and the lead ban. The politicians stick their nose into everything and anything that might get them a vote, weather they know anything about it or not. The state is controlled by 2 major population centers. The rest of the state is pretty much ignored.

By the way, no water here will mean a lot higher prices at the grocery store for produce as the vast majority that is consumed in the US is produced in CA.

daniel lawecki
04-25-2015, 02:22 PM
All the aquifers around the world are reaching dangerous low levels. There are way too many people on the planet and mega farms to support people who live in sandboxes or places they have trashed. California will never get my vacation money that place should just fall in the ocean.

tdoyka
04-25-2015, 02:48 PM
All the aquifers around the world are reaching dangerous low levels. There are way too many people on the planet and mega farms to support people who live in sandboxes or places they have trashed. California will never get my vacation money that place should just fall in the ocean.

nope, they never get my money.

Blacktail 8541
04-25-2015, 08:42 PM
CA doesn't have to get your money directly. Go to the store and buy some produce, almonds, rice ect. And you will be paying your money indirectly to CA. As well as multiple other products. As the saying goes. As CA goes, so does the rest of the country. And that does not just include idiot laws, It also includes food production and many other products.

GabbyM
04-26-2015, 06:15 AM
One of the important struggles against big government at this times is. Federal EPA's push to control temporarily free flowing water. Meaning water that flows across land during rains and the land under and around it. So pretty much every bit of land in the nation. WE as land owners would have to get a permit to stick a shovel into the ground. In other words, pay to play.

Example from our farm would be. About four years ago we had a fence row wash out. Water running across the neighbors field blew through the five foot of grass. This strip acts like a levy. spreading out water over a wider area so it spills over in a shallow low energy flow. We took some large cement blocks. Filled in the eight foot wide cut then covered with lime stone and soil. bringing this fence row back to how it's been since the 1800's. Next big rain and the cut on neighbors side about filled in. Under these new EPA regs. We'd of been forced to get a permit to repair an old fence row. Most likely an engineering study involved that we'd pay for. We'd of had to hire an engineering firm EPA approved. AKA one that had pay to play. Then the fun starts. Bank loans and consulting fees.

Federal judges have rulled against EPA but they just double down and keep on pushing. http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-article/2013/01/29/epa-cannot-regulate-water-flow-federal-court-rules

“EPA is an out-of-control federal agency with a primary goal of attaining ever-growing budgets and power rather than safeguarding the environment,” Lehr explained. “Unfortunately, EPA bears little resemblance to the agency that was created 40 years ago to cooperate with the states regarding environmental matters.”

randyrat
04-26-2015, 08:21 AM
Keep this in mind; I have eaten lead shot killed game since i could chew meat. I have never had elevated lead levels, I recall as a youngster many times spitting out lead shot from a Grouse/Duck/squirrel my mother cooked up, NO elevated lead levels.
This is all BOGUS legislation
I have reloaded and shot lead bullets/ bird shot for about 40 years. NO elevated lead levels. Lead will not get into your system just by touching it or rubbing it.

I just want you youngsters to know this before you get brain washed, do not fall for this..

Soda pop,energy drinks, Margarine etc.... is where the danger lays.

1Shirt
04-26-2015, 08:52 AM
Like the old Pa Dutch saying goes: Ve got too soon old and too late smart"
1Shirt!

Blacktail 8541
04-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Keep this in mind; I have eaten lead shot killed game since i could chew meat. I have never had elevated lead levels, I recall as a youngster many times spitting out lead shot from a Grouse/Duck/squirrel my mother cooked up, NO elevated lead levels.
This is all BOGUS legislation
I have reloaded and shot lead bullets/ bird shot for about 40 years. NO elevated lead levels. Lead will not get into your system just by touching it or rubbing it.

I just want you youngsters to know this before you get brain washed, do not fall for this..

Soda pop,energy drinks, Margarine etc.... is where the danger lays.

Same for me. Lead is not the danger, it's the politicians.

Bad Water Bill
04-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Many years ago as a boy I was casting lead soldiers when the tinsel fairy first visited me.

40-50 years later a tiny particle of lead would work its way out of my forehead.

The visit was about 70 years ago and I am still kicking.

white eagle
04-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Like the old Pa Dutch saying goes: Ve got too soon old and too late smart"
1Shirt!

aint that the truth

Geezer in NH
04-26-2015, 09:08 PM
You get what you vote for means stuff in CA. You are not one of the liberal city types. Sorry leave you are certainally out numbered. Let them die by their own fault.

Don't use my family as born here as an excuse. Mine were born elsewhere and moved to a better life.

Iowa Fox
04-26-2015, 09:45 PM
What about the high mercury levels in some of the vacines they are pumping into the kids.

Super Sneaky Steve
04-27-2015, 07:02 PM
I guess you could keep your weapon unloaded, then keep some monolithic copper rounds in one pocket and some lead rounds in another.

When the DNR comes around, show him your copper bullets. When you get to your spot and all is quiet, load up the lead rounds.

dragon813gt
04-27-2015, 07:27 PM
Having them on your person is intent. I would not risk my firearm rights over it.

9.3X62AL
04-27-2015, 11:37 PM
Geezer, you make it all sound so simple.

Copper bullets aren't all that bad--they do good work on game. I don't for one minute believe that their use is going to save condors--bring back the megafauna that condors thrived upon--any more than I buy The Goreacle's Global Warming bull squat. We are reaping what was sown in the 1960s with all of the campus unrest commiesympatico idiot wind that spread from Cal-Berzerkley in 1964 with Mario Savio and his "Free Speech" paddock filler, which spiraled out of control. A lot fewer Berkeleys and a lot more Kent States (with better/more selective targeting) would have done this country a great deal of good, in retrospect.

Duckiller
04-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Iowa Fox only the vaccines in Iowa contain mercury. The rest of the world has figured out that taking mercury internally is not good for you. If you want your kids to die of measles, mumps , whooping cough or any other disease that is preventable with a vaccine then do so ,but don't try to blame it on medicine that works.

Geezer in NH
04-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Geezer, you make it all sound so simple.

Copper bullets aren't all that bad--they do good work on game. I don't for one minute believe that their use is going to save condors.
I agree having my family shoot 5-10 head of game with Barnes X bullets. Could not ask for better, however my own heavy Cast boolit' s did as well.

Never found dead condor or although around the gut pile, However many raptors are found dead under the greenies wind Gens. Note no Condors in NH

44man
05-02-2015, 02:15 PM
It is a warm fuzzy feeling some get from control. No knowledge at all just a power craving.

sw282
05-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Chief Justice Earl Warren destroyed this country back in the 60's with his ''one man,one vote'' rulings that brought Reapportionment to our state legislatures... These changes caused the balance of political power to be shifted heavily to the population centers...CITIES.. Where the libbers breed. Before Warren and Reapportionment state legislatures were modeled after the US Congress. Each county had 2 senators regardless of size...State house quota was based on population.. As in the US House... Reapportionment comes along and wipes this system out..Senators are now based on districts...Districts are drawn as the POPULATION shifts. House of Reps are based on POPULATION too. Hence all state legislatures are controlled by the big POPULATION centers.. Where the libbers BREED... This is why states like Kali. NY. Illinois are so screwed up ... People in rural areas have virtually no voice in states with LARGE urban/city populations

Bad Water Bill
05-02-2015, 06:01 PM
With 103 counties in Illinois it took just the votes from TWO counties alone to elect the last governor.

No I do not want to describe how they reapportioned the state after he took office.

Mauser48
05-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Im in CA and do a little hunting locally. They have never proved one case that a condor has died from lead poisoning. Its most dangerous in vapor form also. I know some pretty hardcore hunters here that have hunted a long time and most of them have never even seen a condor. Barnes bullets do work very well but they are expensive and unnecessary. Technically im not allowed to hunt rabbits with a .22 because its a rifle and im in a condor zone.

CPL Lou
05-05-2015, 09:02 AM
The reason lead is at high levels in California is because of the residue from all those years of burning leaded gasoline.
It got into everything and is persistent to this day.
Since it barely rains in the desert, there's nothing to get rid of the stuff.
Lead from bullets couldn't come close to contaminating to the levels found uniformly in that state.
Think about it.

CPL Lou

Bad Water Bill
05-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Over 25 years ago I attended a National conference in D C about lead and and they said at that time the lead from gasoline would be deposited along the roadway but would stay where it hit the ground and slowly sink into the soil.

Leaded gas has not been sold in how many years now?

44man
05-17-2015, 04:57 PM
Those in the cities got poisoned by lead from siphoning gas while you were in bed! They could not feed kids so windowsills were nutritious. Who's your daddy? Why he is out stealing gas to get to the crack house! Boma give us free phones so we know the raid is on.

DeepSouth
05-25-2015, 02:13 PM
I maybe wrong but during the debate over green tip 5.56 ammo,I'm pretty sure I read that bullets made out of solid copper could be construed as armor piercing. The solid copper bullets would fall into the same category and could therefore be banned.

dualsport
05-25-2015, 02:42 PM
Wow. Anybody got anything helpful or constructive to add? Some of you guys just rant nonsense. Focus, fellas. The anti hunters are focused. Their lawyers are focused on getting big checks that we have to write! The center for biological diversity is YOUR public enemy number one. THEY pushed this lead ban BS thru with the sole intent of killing off interest in hunting. Are we going to just bitch and let them win? Buy a hunting license and go kill something! Quit the wild random whining and Calif. bashing and get in the fight. Support the California Rifle and Pistol Association. Get ACTIVE. If you surrender at least shut the .... up already. This fight aint over yet. Problem is too many shooters/hunters are all talk. Now, let the useless whiners tell me why they don't actually fight, just bitch. You Cali bashers are sad. Open your eyes.

Bad Water Bill
05-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Wow. Anybody got anything helpful or constructive to add? Some of you guys just rant nonsense. Focus, fellas. The anti hunters are focused. Their lawyers are focused on getting big checks that we have to write! The center for biological diversity is YOUR public enemy number one. THEY pushed this lead ban BS thru with the sole intent of killing off interest in hunting. Are we going to just bitch and let them win? Buy a hunting license and go kill something! Quit the wild random whining and Calif. bashing and get in the fight. Support the California Rifle and Pistol Association. Get ACTIVE. If you surrender at least shut the .... up already. This fight aint over yet. Problem is too many shooters/hunters are all talk. Now, let the useless whiners tell me why they don't actually fight, just bitch. You Cali bashers are sad. Open your eyes.

Now please produce your credentials as to just how YOU are working to solve the problems in your state?

dualsport
05-26-2015, 12:28 PM
OK, fair enough. I am an active member of the NRA, the California Rifle and Pistol Association, and a dues paying member of a local 100% NRA shooting club. I know, I go off a bit. But I'd like to hear more here about what we're doing to beat these *****s pushing the lead ban. The lead ban makes me angry. Beat it here and the rest of you are golden.

44man
05-29-2015, 11:07 AM
OK, fair enough. I am an active member of the NRA, the California Rifle and Pistol Association, and a dues paying member of a local 100% NRA shooting club. I know, I go off a bit. But I'd like to hear more here about what we're doing to beat these *****s pushing the lead ban. The lead ban makes me angry. Beat it here and the rest of you are golden.
Can't be done, we fight the worst and the Obumbler admin. Every time I vote I feel useless.
I talk to liberals here and it is like kicking a brick wall with bare feet. I never in my life seen such stupid people.
You can go off but not against us shooters that know more. Your task is also taken up by us but to beat kalifornification is still left to those that live there. Sadly you are out numbered.
All you need do is to read any product you buy to see Kaly rules applied. Even soda.
Car parts have kaly rulings.
Don't get down on us, we have no control in your stupid state. Can you imagine me from WV telling your liberals there they are wrong?
My friend, you are pig poop in a field that is regulated. Farmers must keep cows out of streams now, fence them off. Farmers had to drill new wells at $15,000 to water cows.
You choose to live there so keep up the fight but you will fail.

robg
05-29-2015, 11:26 AM
copper was banned from antifowling for boats because it hurt sea life.but copper is ok on land .go figure that

jmort
05-29-2015, 11:34 AM
^^^ Excellent point. The cooper bottom paint worked well. The liberal nannies are not strong on common sense.

Bad Water Bill
05-29-2015, 12:14 PM
SNIFF CRY CRY SNIFF

I am from Kloriformia and it iz all dumbocrats so nothin kin B dun

Take a REAL look at what we did here in Illinois,yes the home of B H O.

Look up OTIS MC D0NALD to see how a poor share croppers son went to just get the right to OWN a handgun in Chiraq.

Look up RHONDA EZELL to see what a young lady did while hoping to get a kidney transplant.

I could go on and on with the folks here in Illinois that actually stood up and said STOP.

Yes even Cast Boolits helped us get CCW here in Illinois.

Our fight is not over by a long sight but we are only starting to take on the DUMBOCRAPS and show them what "YES WE CAN" truly means.

44man
05-29-2015, 03:53 PM
Been thinking about the floods in Texas. Need a pipeline to Kali and sell water at $4 a barrel to them.
Reading about Boston and snow piled 7 stories high. As it melts and they remove it they have taken 85 tons of trash out of the piles so far. Still tons frozen in, liberals of course. Toss trash in the streets and the plows pick it up.
Creeps come and sneak in our quarry, most from MD. Toss beer bottles, cans and pop bottles out, food containers, even diapers on our road. We have to pay for security to get the creeps out.
I hate liberals.

405grain
06-01-2015, 04:09 AM
I had thought that the lead bullet ban was just another reason to move out of California. It has nothing to do with protecting wildlife: that's just a made-up reason that the liberals are using to take away our hunting and shooting rights. The problem is that this stuff is spreading. Everything that passes in California will be tried somewhere else. What are you going to do when Oregon and Washington decide to pass lead bullet bans? What are you going to do when this comes to your state? We didn't get to vote on this issue - it was forced upon us. I wrote the Governor's office, telling him how, without hunting farmers and ranchers will have to use more poison to protect crops. I told him about the lost revenues to the states coffers from declining hunting license sales. It was a waste of time. The department of fish and wildlife here has gotten in bed with the Humane Society of the United States, and is their lap dog now. They are paid out of tax dollars, and couldn't care less if you buy a hunting license or not. They are even looking at making restrictions on hunting coyotes. The liberals outnumber us in the West, and will continue to force their agenda down our throats. California is only an easy target for them because of their majority here. They'll try knocking at your door next.

Bad Water Bill
06-01-2015, 04:37 AM
Only when a child snatched from their parents hand or yard by a cougar,coyote or bear becomes a DAILY event reported on TV "MIGHT" they see the error of their thinking.

44man
06-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Same old stuff, pretty kitty until it takes your child. Same as liberals against gun carry until you find they do or have security loaded to the hilt to protect them. A good man needs no protection at all. Take Obumbers protection away once. A good president should be able to walk streets, take hands and hugs without hardened SUV's and 20 others in front and behind armed with minie guns.
Liberals spend more tax money to protect themselves then ever before. I prefer tar and feathers and sent down the rail.
Just got this. Too large to post

44man
06-01-2015, 10:33 AM
As we who live on, grow old,

Nor time nor the years condemn,

But at the going down of the Sun,

And at the Dawn,

We will remember them.

And for many of us:

I swear to Defend the Constitution

Against all Enemies, Foreign and Domestic

So Help Me God.

Written by a cousin of Ambassador Stevens, a US Navy Chaplain, Senior Pastor Ret'd.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY ...and a dirty one! Be sure to read it and then pass it on.

You need to read this true account of what happened to our Ambassador Stevens and the other 3 who died. If this doesn't make you mad.........

Cynthia Lee Myers wanted to share the truth of what happened over in Libya, you will not find this in the media yet, but it aired on FNC please read....

Here is my story. A week out the Embassy in Tripoli began receiving multiple tips about an Al Qaeda cell in the area planning an attack on 9/11 in response to the killing of Bin Laden. For the next several days, the State Dept. and WH were asked for a security force and were denied at least six times. Ambassador Stevens and his team were given the all clear that the Consulate in Benghazi was safe and there was no need for a security force other than his 3 personal guards (one being my cousin) and a few Libyans who were not armed. Then the attack and murders occurred.

Immediately the WH claimed it was a protest gone bad over a you tube video. Obama made a quick speech in the Rose Garden on Sept.12 before catching a plane to Vegas to campaign. He made a generic statement at the end of his speech after placing the blame on an overheated protest over the video. He said no act of terror will shake the resolve of America.

Later that day and over the next 2 days, the liberal media began saying Ambassador Stevens and the other 3 men died of smoke inhalation.

44man
06-01-2015, 10:35 AM
This was not the case.

Out of respect for my cousin, I'm not going to be specific about his murder. However. Ambassador Stevens was brutally murdered. His genitals were cut off, he was sodomized and beaten and cut and stabbed and burned. He was drug thru the streets and left for dead.

This is eyewitness testimony of a local Dr. who found the Ambassador in a ditch and tried to save his life. He had no idea who he was.

The other 3 men, including my cousin, met similar fates. And deaths due to smoke inhalation is a 100% fabricated LIE.

The next week I drove my aunt and uncle and 2 others to DC to receive his body. We met with Hillary, Panetta, and Susan Rice. ALL of whom apologized and said it was a protest gone bad over a video and then they exited the area.

Next, Obama entered with the same story and didn't apologize and wasn't sympathetic. My aunt cried to this man, and all he did was hand her flowers and walk away.

I tried to get his attention, but didn't. I got upset and yelled "liar" to him; he kept walking.

Then a secret service agent grabbed my arm and led me to a room where I was held till the proceedings were over.

America , I saw firsthand how cold this man is. What kind of liar he is. Most of you haven't a clue about this tyrant and yet you support him. And act like every word he says is Gospel.

These murders and the fast and furious cover-ups make Watergate look like a kid who told his BFF's secret to the class.

THIS PART YOU DON'T KNOW, BUT SHOULD. AMERICAN VALOR, BENGHAZI, LIBYA:

The stunning part of this story is that Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty killed 60 of the attacking force.

Once the compound was overrun, the attackers were incensed to discover that just two men had inflicted so much death and destruction.

The news has been full of the attacks on our embassies throughout the Muslim world, and in particular, the deaths of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others in Benghazi, Libya..

However, there's a little known story of incredible bravery,

44man
06-01-2015, 10:38 AM
heroics, and courage that should be the top story.

So what actually happened at the U.S. Embassy in Libya?

We are learning more about this every day. Ambassador Stevens and Foreign Service officer Sean Smith, along with administrative staff, were working out of temporary quarters due to the fact that in the spring of 2011 during the so-called Arab Spring, the United States cut ties with then president Moammar Gadhafi.

Our embassy was looted and ransacked, causing it to be unusable. It is still in a state of disrepair.

Security for embassies and their personnel is to be provided by the host nation.

Since Libya has gone through a civil war of sorts in the past 18 months, the current government is very unstable, and therefore, unreliable.

A well-organized attack by radical Muslims was planned specifically targeting the temporary U.S. Embassy building. The Libyan security force that was in place to protect our people deserted their post, or joined the attacking force. Either way, our people were in a real fix.

And it should be noted that Ambassador Stevens had mentioned on more than one occasion to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, that he was quite concerned for his personal safety and the welfare of his people.

It is thought that Ambassador Stevens was on a � hit list � . A short distance from the American compound, two Americans were sleeping. They were in Libya as independent contractors working an assignment totally unrelated to our embassy. They also happened to be former Navy Seals.

When they heard the noise coming from the attack on our embassy, as you would expect from highly trained warriors, they ran to the fight. Apparently, they had no weapons, but seeing the Libyan guards dropping their guns in their haste in fleeing the scene, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty snatched up several of these discarded weapons and prepared to defend the American compound.

Not knowing exactly what was taking place, the two Seals set up a defensive perimeter. Unfortunately Ambassador Stevens was already gravely injured, and Foreign Service officer, Sean Smith, was dead.

However, due to their quick action and suppressive fire, twenty administrative personnel in the embassy were able to escape to safety. (But all have been silenced and kept away from congress and all investigations on Benghazi!!)

44man
06-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Eventually, these two courageous men were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers brought against them, an enemy force numbering between 100 to 200 attackers which came in two waves.

But the stunning part of the story is that Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty killed 60 of the attacking force. Once the compound was overrun, the attackers were incensed to discover that just two men had inflicted so much death and destruction.

As it became apparent to these selfless heroes, they were definitely going to lose their lives unless some reinforcements showed up in a hurry. As we know now, that was not to be. I'm fairly certain they knew they were going to die in this gunfight, but not before they took a whole lot of bad guys with them!

Consider these tenets of the Navy SEAL Code:

1) Loyalty to Country, Team and Teammate,

2) Serve with Honor and Integrity On and Off the Battlefield,

3) Ready to Lead, Ready to Follow, Never Quit,

4) Take responsibility for your actions and the actions of your teammates,

5) Excel as Warriors through Discipline and Innovation,

6) Train for War, Fight to Win, Defeat our Nation's Enemies, and...

7) Earn your Trident every day.

Thank you, Tyrone and Glen. To the very last breath, you both lived up to the SEAL Code. You served all of us well. You were courageous in the face of certain death. And Tyrone, even though you never got to hold your newborn son, he will grow up knowing the character and quality of his father, a man among men who sacrificed himself defending others.

Dr. Charles R. Roots Senior Pastor

Former Staff Sergeant, USMC Captain,

U. S. Navy Chaplain Corps (Ret.)

This Should Be Passed On And On And On �

NO TRUE AMERICAN WOULD OBJECT TO RECEIVING THIS MORE THAN ONCE... SO PASS IT ON And Let us never forget Hillary Clinton's Comment � What Difference Does It Make? � And she wants to be our next president! She should be sitting in prison right now!

44man
06-01-2015, 10:56 AM
It is hard for me to see this junk. I shed tears for our great men left to die for liberals.
Do not sit home, go vote but I worry because we are out numbered. I don't advocate violence but see another civil war coming. I am very afraid.

44man
06-01-2015, 11:02 AM
You have to watch this too.
https://www.youtube.com/v/TepT0Ttwz7M

Bad Water Bill
06-01-2015, 01:00 PM
IIRC there was an Admiral and an A F General INSTANTLY relieved of command and forcibly RETIRED that day.

What did they do to deserve such punishment?

Well the Admiral directed his fleet to change course and launch A/C to assist the embassy and the General also gave the same orders to his air forces.

Has anyone ever found out just who issued those orders and why or was it quietly swept under a rug with orders to not go there?

44man
06-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Obumbler has fired more of our top generals because they did not agree with him.
I think the Marines should march in and handcuff all the liberals, Hillery at the front. Reid next, Obumbler to clean the poop.
Now I see ads in gun rags from progressive insurance that Soros owns most. Why does the NRA take those adds? Full page ad in Field and Stream.

goofyoldfart
06-15-2015, 06:54 PM
actually we should save our lead. we don't need it for the Condors---we need it for the politicians and liberals. I think it's 'nuff said. Be prepared, it's an old Boy Scout motto. God Bless to all and theirs, and keep your powder dry.
Goofy.:2gunsfiring_v1:

BAGTIC
06-20-2015, 02:38 PM
The problem is not 'Liberals'. It is 'Statists', those who believe the power of the State supersedes the Rights of the People. Remember the authors of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights including the 2nd Amendment were Liberals.

BAGTIC
06-20-2015, 02:45 PM
That is why it is called "Democracy", government by the people as opposed to government according to acreage, head of cattle, etc. The problem is the tremendous population growth and increased urbanization. People in cities have less opportunity to use and enjoy firearms so guns become strange and threatening devices. Most urbanites only experience with firearms is the evening body count on the news. Much of the antigun attitude can be traced directly to America's bedrooms and I fear the outcome will eventually be the same as other densely populated and highly urbanized societies.

BAGTIC
06-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Obumbler has fired more of our top generals because they did not agree with him.
I think the Marines should march in and handcuff all the liberals, Hillery at the front. Reid next, Obumbler to clean the poop.
Now I see ads in gun rags from progressive insurance that Soros owns most. Why does the NRA take those adds? Full page ad in Field and Stream.

So what do you propose? A military coup? How much of the Constitution and our liberties would survive that?

BAGTIC
06-20-2015, 02:50 PM
The first casualty of war, and politics, in truth.

44man
06-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Our country is NOT a Democracy, it is a Republic. Each state under the laws but held to the Constitution, Never to be dictated by a central government. The framers knew the dangers and were the smartest ever. It means every person has rights under God and the constitution as written. Liberals hate it and want total control. They hate us having rights under God. They have power by giving your hard earned money to useless people for votes. Now the Supreme Court has ruined the country. Watch what happens. Civil war? It will come again. Nothing is more important then our Constitution.
Now they take the confederate flags down and ruin monuments. Brave men and boys that gave lives for a cause. I am a northerner and will respect the south and all who died on both sides. Nothing to do with race. Over reach of the government.

44man
06-27-2015, 12:51 PM
Do you know some states are not states, they are Dominions, never came to the republic at all. VA is one. I think PA is another. The reason was to prevent the central gov from total control but liberals have removed the freedom.

Tom_in_AZ
07-02-2015, 10:17 AM
It has nothing to do with condors or what kind of bullets you are using. They simply don't like not having control over the ammo that is made at home. We cast our own boolits at will. It is the demonization of lead that you are witnessing. When ever the libtards can't control something, they demonize it. With enough fear mongering soon you will need a special license giving you the permission to possess lead in any form and will be told how much you can possess at one time. If they can't take the guns they will go after the ammo and if they can't control how much ammo you can make at home????

Exactly! It's all about control, not condors.

SavageMan2506
07-25-2015, 02:14 PM
So just don't use em... Bring 4 booluts with you, and if you see a warden truck, act like you saw a coyote and shoot all of em so their is no evidence...

Duckiller
07-26-2015, 10:40 PM
You must think our wardens are stupid and can't catch people breaking the law. It is a gun related felony. Caught and convicted and you get to sell ALL your gun permanently. Don't plan on voting ever again or travelling to another country. Is it really that important to shoot lead bullets? I think I will obey the law and try to get it changed.

canuck4570
09-01-2015, 12:44 PM
don't worry before all this come's true there will be a major world war

and then who care is you use lead to defend yourself

opos
09-01-2015, 01:08 PM
I read all the thread and thought I'd just "chime in" on the dolts that 'make law" in California...I've lived here since the early 60's and my Wife is a native so we've watched it all come and go over a lot of years...

I'm just getting ready to take the mandatory written DMV driver's license test to renew my drivers license (at my age it's required every 5 years)...I was just review some of the "test questions" they post on the internet for review and one of the questions concerns being able to drive a car with children under 18 while the driver or passengers are smoking. It's illegal...moving violation.

Wonder how this affects the punk gang bangers that live along the border and steal cars while they smoke dope at about age 14...Has Obama's A/G or our state gubberment given them a pass because they are in a haven or sanctuary city? Probably.

AllanD
09-01-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm always glad when someone tells me something else that makes me glad I have the bulk of
a continent between California and me

Smoking in your car is a "Moving" violation? I think that is, if not THE stupidest thing I've ever heard,
it is certainly close second....

I don't doubt that it is true, but I am in stunned awe that the state government has the nerve and that
people didn't hang everyone in Sacramento (Guilty or innocent)

And I don't even smoke (Never have) and think it's a dirty/nasty habit...

AD

opos
09-01-2015, 07:10 PM
I'm always glad when someone tells me something else that makes me glad I have the bulk of
a continent between California and me

Smoking in your car is a "Moving" violation? I think that is, if not THE stupidest thing I've ever heard,
it is certainly close second....

I don't doubt that it is true, but I am in stunned awe that the state government has the nerve and that
people didn't hang everyone in Sacramento (Guilty or innocent)

And I don't even smoke (Never have) and think it's a dirty/nasty habit...

AD

Oh it's real all right..been that way for some time.....got to protect the kiddies...but I heard on TV that some "young Mom" left her 2 month old baby in the shopping cart when she left the store...bet she knew where here cell phone was, however...Just living the good life!!

http://abc7.com/archive/5869495/

pps
09-05-2015, 02:09 AM
Fish and Game Wardens will be ordered to enforce the lead ban by their supervisors. Fines will be excessive and if you are anywhere that is not a gun range, you will be considered hunting and will have your rifle confiscated and be fined as much as $1500 or more so you Will Comply or face the consequences. I am already reluctant to pay the high hunting and fishing fees here in Calif. I guess I will be reduced to target shooting at the range from now on. I wonder what would happen if there was a total boycott on hunting and fishing licenses. Who would fund fish and game then?

Actually, I plan on ONLY hunting outside of Kali, once 2019 rolls around and the whole state goes lead free. A game warden friend of mine says he does not blame me. He hates the lead ban, refuses to shoot lead free from his rifles and he already does most of his hunting out of state. He refuses to write tickets for lead boolits, but he says he is probably one of the only ones who has enough science background to know the "studies" were/are BS.

Black Beard
09-07-2015, 07:35 AM
If I remember rightly, the studies looked a the isotopes in lead and found they were recent manfacture. Did any look at the tin/lead/antimony ratios in the lead chunks they found? I expect that wheel weights are different to the cores on hunting bullets (someone on here is bound to know). I would expect that a scavenging bird could easily pick up wheel weights while they are feeding on road kill.

BB

white eagle
09-08-2015, 05:40 PM
nothing on you BB
but that explains why I see all these game and non game animals on the side of roads and highways its not because a car hit them its because they got lead poisoning from scavenging on roadside kills and using ww as a chaser
see now if California hadn't passed their laws on lead I never would have thought lead was the culprit

Garyshome
09-08-2015, 06:08 PM
"When do liberals care about facts?" Or the truth?

Bill G
09-09-2015, 11:55 PM
the fix is to move away from that state. The socialist republic of California will fail to exist if all the true, working tax payers move out. 51% of all immigrants, illegal or legal, are receiving welfare. 31% of the rest of us get assistance. Thats US stats. Socialist republic of Kalifornia is likely much higher. If all the working people move, it will leave the ultra rich and liberal to hire those who don't want to work. Maybe then Zuckerman will se why being a lib-tard doesn't work in the long run. I think that state would make a great back stop/impact area. Then they'd have good reason to complain about lead.

Ballistics in Scotland
09-10-2015, 02:21 AM

I have to admit that I don't believe a word of your Libya story, and I don't believe you would find the US Marines needing their heads examined to the extent of mounting a military coup just because a few propeller-headed kooks want one.

youngmman
09-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Some of the older 5.56mm & 7.62mm bullets are lead free. They are copper coated steel. I bought a box of 5,000 WW 147gr. 7.62mm bullets of that type over 20 years ago and used about half of them in reloads for my M1-A and now those bullets are banned too.

white eagle
09-10-2015, 10:36 AM
probably considered terrorist armor piercing projectiles
:Fire:

youngmman
09-10-2015, 10:49 AM
I'm thinking state politicians are burdened by the need to "do something" in matters that could and should be left well enough alone. That's one reason the Texas state legislature only meets every two years.

Nose Dive
09-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Well... You guys in California really need to do something.

I guess all of the low water levels in the lakes in California is due to all of the fishermen speeding in their boats and splashing all the water out on the bank. And, they are surely smoking as the remaining water is being soaked up from the cigarette butts and poisoning what water is left. And because they smoke and fish, they must have guns in the boat with horrible lead Boolits. And just remember... All of those terrible lead weights those nasty persons put on their fishing lines. These weights in the water are surely the reason the California legislature has gone brain dead!

I saw a bill in California to limit gas purchases by private citizens, limit 'allowed' miles driven per week and number of persons in each car for you guys. Jeeezzzzzz!

You all really need to get a handle on your legislature. They have way too much time on their hands.

I have an idea... If you make the fishermen smoke pot, they will drop seeds on the bank, pot will grow, the deer will come eat the pot, get the munchies and jump in the lakes and keep the boat fishermen out of the water, the lakes will rise and you can start farming again! See? Solutions to complex problems are simple if you just quit thinking!

I mean, really.

Nose Dive

Cheap, Fast, Good. Kindly pick two.

Tom_in_AZ
09-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Copper bullets are toxic as well
everything I have shot with my X-Bullets died

Lol, that's been my experience also. Just one more example of government overreach