PDA

View Full Version : What a difference!

Pb2au
04-07-2015, 03:24 PM
Just flew up to Minnesota today. I always like coming up here. But it was warm and humid when I left Dayton and it is nice and cool up here.
SW Ohio summer can just be muggy and hot, so I never get too excited over it.
ive spent my entire working life in factories and dread the onset of summer.

3leggedturtle
04-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Well I'm by Brainerd we had snow Monday morning and 40-42 with wind yesterday and today. Gonna cooler than normal this week.

twc1964
04-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Here in the warehouse where i work, its 80 and so sticky that you can cut it with a knife. Summer here in tx gets real hot too. I dread july and august.

Pb2au
04-07-2015, 03:53 PM
I was in Tulsa last week and it was 87. Tulsa has the record for my travels as the hottest/most uncomfortable. I was there in the summer of 2004 and it stayed above 100 for three weeks.
We were installing equipment at a client and ended up changing our work time to 3:00 am to 3:00 pm to try and avoid the worse part of the day.
The humidity was the killer.
so yeah, I'm liking this week in the upper 30's here in Minnesota!

MaryB
04-07-2015, 10:50 PM
Come here mid August when we have hot and humid flowing up from the gulf... 90+ and 80+ % humidity is common.

Rally
04-08-2015, 01:29 AM
I cut some more firewood today. It's a mix of rain and snow as I type. I'm about 100 miles NW of Duluth,Mn.

captaint
04-08-2015, 07:36 AM
I had taken this past Monday off work. It was supposed to be nice weather. Turned out it was 70 deg and little wind. I was at the gun club in a T shirt outside shooting my 41 mag. What a day !! Been waiting for that one to arrive.

Dale in Louisiana
04-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Puh-leeze!

We're already in the mid-eighties. In another couple of weeks we won't see sixty at night for another six months. Eighty by eight(AM) and ninety by nine will be the daily forecast unless we get some weather off the Gulf, which is nice if it's an early morning thunderstorm, less fun if it's a hurricane.

dale in Louisiana

Pb2au
04-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Puh-leeze!

We're already in the mid-eighties. In another couple of weeks we won't see sixty at night for another six months. Eighty by eight(AM) and ninety by nine will be the daily forecast unless we get some weather off the Gulf, which is nice if it's an early morning thunderstorm, less fun if it's a hurricane.

dale in Louisiana
dale, your state nearly murdered me back in 08'. I was in Shreeveport in August and it was crazy hot and humid. I seriously began to believe that folks in Louisiana were made of asbestos! Wow it was hot!

Mary, that is pretty much summer in sw ohio as well. 90 degrees with 80%+ humidity... Bleck

TXGunNut
04-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Warehouse where I spend a bit of time has an upstairs section with translucent panels (no electric lighting) and very little ventilation. By about 9A in June, July and August temps hit triple digits and stay there all day, quick trips only for this old fat man!