PDA

View Full Version : South Florida Muzzle loader shooters

Theditchman
04-05-2015, 09:10 PM
I live in Fort Lauderdale and was looking for a group of guys to join at the range shooting muzzle loaders..anyone here know of anyone?..I have been down the range many times but I seem to be the only one around..

docone31
04-05-2015, 09:17 PM
You do not see many smoke poles anymore. People are drifting away. I am at Hernando, and when it smokes, it is me. Rarely see anyone anymore.

pietro
04-05-2015, 09:51 PM

I have a friend on the Gulf Coast (Englewood), who shoots multiple BP handguns at a range located in a state management area South of Port Charlotte, IIRC (Knight range ? ?)

Theditchman
04-06-2015, 09:28 AM
When I go to the range I get shoved in the corner out of the way..but I do know there are other BP shooters around..maybe its time to start a group or something so we can get together for shooting and gossiping

curator
04-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Theditchman,

Muzzle loading rifle clubs have been dying off pretty fast in Florida. There may be some of the old "Everglades Cap & Ball" club members still around in your area. There is a club (Palmetto M/Ldrs) in Miami that supposedly shoots the second Sunday of each month. The current issue of Muzzle Blasts lists Ralph West and a contact number or (305) 233-5512. There is also a club in Ft. Pierce. PM me for more information.

Theditchman
04-06-2015, 04:26 PM
cheers