PDA

View Full Version : Gander Mountain in janesville, WI has NO 22LR

ohland
04-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Old retrobate _read a flyer from Gander_ [ed. source] that there would be 22LR on-hand Saturday, 4 April, limit 2 boxes per customer. We were at the front door @ _0858_ [ed. stupidfingers...] (store opens at 0900). The parking lot was maybe 1/8 full. Nobody but the two of us were at the door.

We went in, made our way past the FULL shelves of rifle, shotgun, and pistol ammo. But NO 22LR to be found. Asked a store worker who checked in the back, nada. Someone came in and claimed to have called ahead to reserve a box, no holy joy. No idea if her claim was true.

I overheard someone say a potential rumor, again I have no idea... some folks had been circling back in again to get more than two boxes.. Again, no idea... BUT a simple response to that is get out some hand stamps. Problem solved.

Didn't buy a thing up there.

I can remember travelling over to the original Gander Mountain at Wilmot... Usually at night... in the fog... by the tight turn down by the Fox River... Again, no idea what the true haps are, but I am quite unmotivated to go to the Janesville store for supposed 22LR ammo. But they normally do come through with flats of shotgun ammo, however.

snowwolfe
04-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Old retrobate heard that Gander would have 22LR on-hand Saturday, 4 April, limit 2 boxes per customer. We were at the front door @ 0958 (store opens at 0900). The parking lot was maybe 1/8 full. Nobody but the two of us were at the door.

We went in, made our way past the FULL shelves of rifle, shotgun, and pistol ammo. But NO 22LR to be found. Asked a store worker who checked in the back, nada.

Maybe if you showed up when the store opened at 9 instead of 958 you might of got some?

ohland
04-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Eh, stupid fingers. 0858.

Wis. Tom
04-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Down in the SW part of the state isn't much better. I was talking to our local hardware/gun shop and they received one box of 50 LR, with their order, one box.

ohland
04-05-2015, 10:01 AM
The Janesville store had 5 boxes, supposedly. Heck, you might do better at Farm & Fleet or Wally-mart.

Beagle333
04-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Our Gander Mtn has those sales. They count the boxes they have (never a HUGE amount) and then hand out tickets outside the doors an hour before opening. There is always a line. And when the store opens, they call numbers back in Sporting goods and the ticket holder can go claim their two bricks and no more. Now some can (and do) bring all of their relatives and make them stand in line if they want, but there's no way to really stop that. I haven't ever gotten any, because I'm not going to stand in line for .22 shells. One fine day, and not too far away...... the estate sales are going to be just bursting with the hoarder's stocks of .22 shells. :D I know many guys who do stand in those lines and brag of having in excess of 10K stashed away that they won't shoot.

mold maker
04-05-2015, 10:26 AM
I can remember when you could stop off at the hardware, grocery, or even a service station, and pick up a box, on the way home from elementary school.
Oh, and they didn't cost an arm and a leg.

WILCO
04-05-2015, 10:53 AM
Last edited by runfiverun; Today at 11:45 AM.

458mag
04-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Haven mine buried with me.

sparky45
04-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Used to stop at the local grocery store and get a brick for $4.95(green box Remington's) and they weren't the stuff that sometimes goes bang like the Rem .22s of today; nope, they always went bang.

I can remember when you could stop off at the hardware, grocery, or even a service station, and pick up a box, on the way home from elementary school.
Oh, and they didn't cost an arm and a leg.

sparky45
04-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Way off base on this one WILCO. A) He's not complaining, just stating fact; B) He's rejoicing about the prospects of buying surplus in the future and C) I can't follow your jargon at all on this one.
Makes me think you're one of the hoarders.