PDA

View Full Version : Packages lost in the mail

mold maker
04-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Anyone else have shipments lost by the USPS?
I shipped 62+ lbs of lead in a very secure MFR box to Ca. It never made it out of NC. That's twice they conveniently lost my shipments. This time it was only lead. Last time it was some expensive machine parts.
It's a pia to file a claim, and must be done online or through the Mail. If they LOST a 64.5 lb package can they be trusted to handle the claim in an envelop?

twc1964
04-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Well, i had bought a kkm barrel for my glock and they delivered it to wrong address but somehow couldnt find said address to retrieve it. They wouldnt even tell us so we could go get it. Cslled kkm and another was shipped and was delivered. They also lost two lee 6 cav molds in less than ten days. I think id get my stuff faster if it was delivered by carrier turtle. Ymmv

Smoke4320
04-01-2015, 04:37 PM
"I think id get my stuff faster if it was delivered by carrier turtle. Ymmv"

Shell Yea !!! Turtle express .. I Like

JSnover
04-01-2015, 05:43 PM
I've had good luck with USPS so far. Everything of any value or importance is tracked and insured... Knock on wood.

shooter93
04-01-2015, 05:43 PM
The fastest service I've ever had shipping was with the USPS and they have never lost a package or had anything damaged. Any firearms I've sell now go USPS. We used to use UPS but had a couple damaged and although they were insured it was a fight to get paid and we weren't paid until it went to the magistrate.

pworley1
04-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Everyone at our local post office is great to deal with. However, any package that makes it through the Memphis sort terminal is a miracle.

bullet maker 57
04-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Same here, if it makes it thru the terminal in NJ you are good to go.

ascast
04-01-2015, 06:19 PM
yes I sold a Lyman 4500 to some guy in WA, he called in about a week no sizer. We agreed to wait a week. then I sent him his money back. About 3 weeks later I got an MO.
The sizer showed up.
And then, several years ago I had a running battle with a no good rotten codes officer. After a few trips to court, one evening barny fife showed up. NO meranda rights nothing and off I go to jail at gun point. Next day judge says "you were sent a letter". Well I never got that one. Apparently if you'er a no-body like me, you must prove you sent it with a register letter. Not so if you are a pig or judge or lawyer. Since then, about 5 years, I photo copy the front of evey thing I get that is wrongly delivered.
Up to 29 at last count.

rockrat
04-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Yep, in Feb. I sent some .358" 200gr FX bullets to a guy in NC. Made it all the way to Greensboro, NC, about 60 miles away from destination. Next thing I know its at the "dead letter/package" office in, I believe, Atlanta. Still fighting with the PO over that one.

gnostic
04-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Yes, they 'lost' a reloading press, 32 pounds, I sold on ebay....

Bob Busetti
04-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Its a 50/50 shot with the usps. I had a package that was supposed to go to Orange County, Ca. Ended up in Chicago, Il. In un deliverable box. Claimed no zip code. After much complaining, the box was inspected for zip code. It was on the box bold as brass. Got the usual response about unhappy workers, ect,ect. 6 weeks later it arrived in Ca badly battered & torn up. Wasn't that way when it was in Chicago.

Charley
04-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Maybe it was this...135638

jcwit
04-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Its a 50/50 shot with the usps

Out of the hundreds of on line purchases I've had the last few years, most all of them shipped via USPS, even those coming from overseas I've yet to experience a lost package. Most being shipped from our country arrive within 3 days, nice being in the middle of the country I guess.

Out of the millions of packages they handle in any given day I believe they do a fantastic job.

To those who do not like the USPS, use the other options. Got deep pockets and Good Luck.

Bored1
04-01-2015, 09:53 PM
I just lost a package that was being shipped to me in Dec. Made it from the members house to the local office, then just never moved. After 2 weeks when I sent an email to USPS they said file a claim and about 3 or 4 days after I filed the claim it said paymet was made. Took another week for the check to show up but it did.

snowwolfe
04-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Everyone at our local post office is great to deal with. However, any package that makes it through the Memphis sort terminal is a miracle.

Boy you just aint whistling Dixie !!! I recently mailed our home builder in TN some revised house plans via a USPS flat rate envelope, supposed to arrive in 2 days.
Left Colorado and next day tracking showed it was in Memphis, laid in Memphis for 4 days then left to go to Phoenix, went back to Memphis, then back to Phoenix, then back to Memphis where it sat for 2 more days then finally was delivered. Took 10 or 11 business days to complete the travel to Crossville, TN.

mold maker
04-02-2015, 12:37 PM
My local USPS was recently down graded to out going, and PO Box delivery only. Everything else goes through a higher grade PO in the next city. All my many deliveries, have been great. I do get a rar piece of someone elses mail.
FedEx delivered 8 packages either to the wrong address (my package) or to me (not mine) around Christmas, but I've had NO problem with local USPS.
The tracking # for a 64 lb shipment ( Ca bound) of lead, just stopped in Greensboro hub. It never moved again.
I remailed another package yesterday and told the clerk I had over 12 tons and would continue to let him handle it 64# at a time, untill it was delivered.
His answer was "I'd hand carry it to California to avoid that."
I wish he could, cause unless he died it would make it.
The redtape for making a claim is futher complicated, because I can't get into my former USPS account. I have to wait for them to MAIL the claim forms. Is there another fiasco in the makes?

dtknowles
04-02-2015, 01:12 PM
I don't doubt that some have problems with USPS and I expect that filing a claim is a serious headache. I have never had any problems, many hundreds of package deliveries. Only occasionally get a mis-believed envelope, usually belonged next door.

Tim