PDA

View Full Version : I love meeting fellow members!

osteodoc08
03-28-2015, 10:38 PM
A few weeks ago Blaser.306 posted an inquiry to see if anyone lived local to his training facility he was traveling to on business. He has never ventured as far south as Georgia and as luck would have it, I had a few days off. We were able to meet up for a bite to eat and venture to the Cabelas that was recently built in Acworth, GA. Had a great time.

As a token of friendship, 45cal (my mentor), and I made a COWW paperweight medallion that had a GA quarter imbedded in it. 45cal was not able to join us due to prior engagements, but sent his well wishes.

Anyhow, hope we can encourage other CB members to meet up if given the chance.

gamedog53
03-28-2015, 10:41 PM
That's what it is all about. Awesome

blaser.306
03-28-2015, 10:56 PM
That is what I love about this site! Like a whole lot of friends that have just never met face to face. I had a terrific time on my visit to Georgia with all of the southern hospitality that I could have hoped for and then some. Many thanks to Osteodoc08 and his assistant (45cal ) in the fabrication of the medallion shown in the picture, it will maintain a special place on my loading bench ( when I can find the surface )LOL! As will the new friend(s) made along the way.

45cal
03-29-2015, 07:38 AM
That is what I love about this site! Like a whole lot of friends that have just never met face to face. I had a terrific time on my visit to Georgia with all of the southern hospitality that I could have hoped for and then some. Many thanks to Osteodoc08 and his assistant (45cal ) in the fabrication of the medallion shown in the picture, it will maintain a special place on my loading bench ( when I can find the surface )LOL! As will the new friend(s) made along the way.

Glad you like the memento,was fun making it with my doc friend.

JeffinNZ
03-30-2015, 03:37 AM
Well, I should warn you, the family and I are planning a trip to the US in 2017 and saving now so best you watch out!!

doc1876
03-30-2015, 10:57 PM
Come on by. I'll make the tea. I got coffee too.

osteodoc08
03-30-2015, 11:58 PM
Come on by. I'll make the tea. I got coffee too.

Yeah, but is it southern sweet tea?

In GA we drink our tea cold and coffee hot. Not sure how the yanks do it.

Harter66
03-31-2015, 05:46 PM
I have met several members from most of the western states via the NCBS . I've also met a couple on the road and spent a few days now with goodsteel in Ar . I met Fly at another boards event in Mo . Every one have been good down to earth people.

Jeff if Reno Nv is on your to do list I'd be happy to make the 2 hr drive to spend an hour or 2.

altheating
04-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Jeff, you bring the rabbits, I've got all kind of hornets to use.

quilbilly
04-01-2015, 10:48 AM
Well, I should warn you, the family and I are planning a trip to the US in 2017 and saving now so best you watch out!!
If you come during NCBS, I will load up a whole bunch of extra boolits for you and yours. If you are in the Seattle area, we can come up with a plan.

s mac
04-01-2015, 12:23 PM

This will probably turn into a 2 year tour, so many folks to visit.

Brett Ross
04-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Meeting members is the main reason I was looking forward to the Arkansas shoot, but alas it seems to have fell apart.

doc1876
04-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Yeah, but is it southern sweet tea?

In GA we drink our tea cold and coffee hot. Not sure how the yanks do it.

Yes, it is Sweet tea, however with Grandmother being English, I learned to drink flavored teas, and have cut back on the sugar, as it is making my front the size of a Cadillac.

btw, I am not really a yank, I am a mercenary, and have shot just about any kind of peoples that money can buy, Yanks, Rebs, Mexicans, Mormons, Arabs..........long story short, on occasion I work for a guy that makes movies,

osteodoc08
04-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Good to know doc. My comment was made in jest.

My mothers side is from Massachusets and Father's side from California. I claim GA as my home, yet was born in what was then W. Germany as a military brat. LOL. It gets more confusing but I digress.

But yeah. Coffee hot and tea sweet for me, please.

Jeff, if you make it over to the Atlanta area, let me know. Now that I figured out some is the medallion secrets, I'd love to make you one and have a cup of coffee. Just don't wear some of your rather colorful outfits as it'll probably draw too much attention. [smilie=l:

doc1876
04-02-2015, 09:31 AM
I figure is you can't take a little jesting, you need to get off of this site.........personally thought your comment funny, just couldn't get toe the site for several days.
1 Grandmother from England, 1 from Italy, 1 grandfather Czechoslovakia, and the other from Finland, Me, I am from everywhere.
Don't know where your at, but when you are here, or I am there, I'll drink with you.