PDA

View Full Version : Strange shot

44man
03-28-2015, 02:32 PM
I had my trail camera out to see what was getting to the bird feeders. It went off many times with nothing there and photos were clean until the last one. I135279 caught this one in the morning before sun up. Pics before this were clean without this. But I don't know why the camera was taking pictures of nothing.

44man
03-28-2015, 02:38 PM
I did find the culprit to the feeder though. How he or she got up there is still hard to figure.135280Nice bunny.

CastingFool
03-28-2015, 03:39 PM
some cameras are very sensitive to shadows. I had one that would take pictures that were identical, but you could easily see the difference in shadow location. Sometimes, the wind would make the tree limbs move and that would trigger the camera.

SSGOldfart
03-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Rabbits can climb I've got a couple that climbed the gate to get out ,they were younger ones too!!!����

LUBEDUDE
03-28-2015, 04:20 PM
My kids had pet rabbits in the house for years. Let me tell you, they can get verticle!

In fact, I've had my eye on a pet bunny myself!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/28/bf288a24a166b38b020fd125629d35c5.jpg

Hardcast416taylor
03-28-2015, 04:26 PM
Now I know that I`m getting OLD! I looked at her face first!Robert

Hickok
03-28-2015, 04:35 PM
44man, whatever it is in your picture, if it bleeds, you can kill it!:bigsmyl2:

It does look eerie, probably just a camera glitch.

44man
03-28-2015, 06:01 PM
Had strange things going on. Seen a large white thing walk behind a tree on a neighbors driveway when hunting. It never came out the other side. Human shape.
Heard heavy walking on my bedroom floor, it creaks with weight and it came up behind me and with a hand on each of my shoulders, it forced me into the bed so I bounced.
Down on the neighbors I left a friend on his deck, told him to watch to see if the motion light comes on because deer walk there. It came on and he looked around the corner, no deer but something whispered in his ear "Did you see that?" Dave thought it was me but I was still up the hill.
We had no wind that night and no shadows yet but I have many dogs buried back there, old friends.
About every night after I am in bed a while, I hear a large "CRACK" in the far corner. Loud enough to bang ears.
But seeing lubedude's bunny makes me want to eat more rabbit! Sorry, age does that!

44man
03-28-2015, 06:13 PM
The man that owned my house was a heavy smoker and it was hell to get rid of the stink with new paint. Had to wash first. He died after I bought the house and I smelled cigarettes for a time when watching TV so I told him to smoke outside. I have not had it again.
We live in a civil war area too so who knows? Had reports of troops walking up the roads around here.
Anyway, the fog is a mystery.

altheating
03-28-2015, 07:22 PM
Is there a bag limit on those blonde bunnies?

tryNto
03-28-2015, 07:45 PM
Not as long as you keep them seperate.

Artful
03-28-2015, 08:16 PM
I had my trail camera out to see what was getting to the bird feeders. It went off many times with nothing there and photos were clean until the last one. I135279 caught this one in the morning before sun up. Pics before this were clean without this. But I don't know why the camera was taking pictures of nothing.

Not finding any tracks?

Hickok
03-29-2015, 08:32 AM
44 man, my first impression was that it looked like a dog/coyote/wolf walking. Anyway, if you get anymore odd pics, I hope you post them.

44man
03-29-2015, 08:53 AM
In my original pic, you can see through whatever it is. There are no tracks. Yard is a mess anyway after winter.
I will set the camera in the same spot soon to see.
At least it was not a big foot!

JonnyReb
03-29-2015, 09:18 AM
Looks to me like one of your old friends is still keeping a watch on the backyard, still running rabbits even. Cool pics and thread.

Not to bust into your thread with my own pic but I thought I'd show one that got taken behind my house about ten years ago. Is a coyote I think right up close to the camera. Funny thing is the two eyes glowing dead center of the shot. They are at a different angle to the lens than the coyote so arnt a reflection of its eyes...a trick of the camera perhaps..I don't know.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z252/xxjonnyrebxx/010.jpg

firefly1957
03-29-2015, 04:19 PM
I get some weird things on my trail Cam most often with a fast moving animal at night , I think what happened in your photo is it was still in night mode with slow shutter speed in the light and object was moving. I have sen cotton tail rabbits jump over 4 feet high at times.

skeettx
03-29-2015, 04:29 PM
To me the first picture reminds me of a plastic grocery bag blowing in the wind

Or

A coyote walking away from the camera

Mike

LUBEDUDE
03-29-2015, 06:53 PM
I did find the culprit to the feeder though. How he or she got up there is still hard to figure.135280Nice bunny.

Hey 44man - do you think there might be a correlation of that rabbit sitting on top of another rabbit?

Take another gander at that pic and the pedestal he is on.

44man
03-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Hey 44man - do you think there might be a correlation of that rabbit sitting on top of another rabbit?

Take another gander at that pic and the pedestal he is on.
Yeah, it is funny, might be a decoy.

MaryB
03-29-2015, 10:16 PM
Easter bunny laying eggs!

perotter
03-29-2015, 10:23 PM

No there isn't. As long as you don't run out of money that is.

crowbuster
03-29-2015, 10:40 PM
Had false triggers myself. Put a camera facing the other and caught birds flying by that the other camera wasn't fast enough to catch. My try that if you have an extra camera.

tdoyka
03-30-2015, 12:40 AM

looks like a job for ghost hunters!!!:kidding:

Doggonekid
03-31-2015, 12:05 AM

I would not want to get caught with even one in my possession. If I did my wife's attorney would make sure I would I would run out money.

zubrato
03-31-2015, 03:17 AM
Jesus, y'all are giving me goosebumps with the camp fire ghost stories.
So much for outgrowing night lights..

44man
03-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Not as much as the Grassman in Ohio did to us. Lifted our heavy camper and shook it. Ran into the side and knocked us out of bed. went around and hit the steps with a huge howl as it fell past and came around again to slam the other side. Daughter found hair on the step when we got home but it was lost. Wish I had it today. I had my pickup slammed many times at night but was never bothered in a tent.
My camper was an old Blazon so heavy it took 5 guys to lift the tongue but he lifted it and shook us out of bed. We were in old strip mine areas near Cadiz, off route 22. Not far from Salt Fork that is famous for the grass man. Is Bigfoot real? I have no doubt at all. They hate a vehicle parked in their territory.

huntrick64
03-31-2015, 12:38 PM
I recognize that as El Chupacabra. I have a couple on my cams as well.

LUBEDUDE
04-01-2015, 01:12 AM
Not as much as the Grassman in Ohio did to us. Lifted our heavy camper and shook it. Ran into the side and knocked us out of bed. went around and hit the steps with a huge howl as it fell past and came around again to slam the other side. Daughter found hair on the step when we got home but it was lost. Wish I had it today. I had my pickup slammed many times at night but was never bothered in a tent.
My camper was an old Blazon so heavy it took 5 guys to lift the tongue but he lifted it and shook us out of bed. We were in old strip mine areas near Cadiz, off route 22. Not far from Salt Fork that is famous for the grass man. Is Bigfoot real? I have no doubt at all. They hate a vehicle parked in their territory.

Bigfoot????

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/31/7d2714e0f5c336f560ee26bfdcc5e229.jpg

Hogtamer
04-01-2015, 03:57 PM
tasmanian devil! I used to see them every saturday morning!

Hickok
04-05-2015, 02:52 PM
44 man, I have relatives who live in Cambridge Ohio, and in the late 1970's we did a lot of boating on Salt Fork and Seneca Lake.

I never saw the grass man, but have heard the stories.

runfiverun
04-05-2015, 03:40 PM
the tail in the first pic looks more like a cats than a dogs.

Ballistics in Scotland
04-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Could the pictures of nothing have been triggered by distant lightning, or car lights on a road?

I used to have a tortoise that could climb vertical wire netting. However they are no intellectual giants, even of the reptile world, so he never quite realized that he had no way of getting down the far side, except by falling. It was just as often the side he started from. I also had a wild rabbit, caught when hamster sized with a leg torn open by a ferret. So he was brought up as a cat, in the farmhouse kitchen. He used to get visibly worried when the rest of the family climbed trees, but his claws wouldn't work. He never tried to eat their food though. There are limits.