PDA

View Full Version : California resident purchasing a percussion cap lock revolver?

Naphtali
03-25-2015, 01:59 AM
I have a friend presently living in California. May she legally purchase from out-of-state a percussion cap lock revolver and have it shipped to her directly? More specifically, can her purchase be as free from California oversight as my purchase would be free from Montana oversight?

wildwilly
03-25-2015, 02:41 AM
Yes. Black powder non-cartridge firearms are classified under curios, antiques, or relics under CA DOJ rules and may be purchased directly, without registration restrictions.

jaystuw
03-25-2015, 02:43 AM
Yeah Naphtali, its no sweat. Under California law, a percussion revolver is not classified as a firearm. It can be shipped directly to her from out of state. In fact, as we speak, I am waiting on a used Uberti civilian model 1860 army to be shipped to my front door.

Just a few things to be aware of though. She has to be over 21, and might need to send a copy of her drivers license to the seller to prove it. Adding a statement that it is legal for her to receive and own a percussion revolver is also sometimes asked for. Very easy. Jay

Naphtali
03-25-2015, 01:13 PM
Many thanks, guys.