PDA

View Full Version : Western Bullet Co.?

xvigauge
03-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Anyone know anything about them? I placed an internet order with them 10 days ago and so far have heard nothing. They won't answer my e-mails and there is no answer when I call. Are they still in business or just slow or on vacation? Anything?
xvigauge

clearwater
03-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Anyone know anything about them? I placed an internet order with them 10 days ago and so far have heard nothing. They won't answer my e-mails and there is no answer when I call. Are they still in business or just slow or on vacation? Anything?
xvigauge

Just slow. Fellow sells bicycles too. Small company.

xvigauge
03-24-2015, 06:50 PM
OK, thanks clearwater. I thought it was something like that. I will continue to be patient.
xvigauge

Dutchman
03-25-2015, 02:00 AM
I tried MONTHS ago. Never got a reply.

Dutch

rondog
03-25-2015, 04:21 AM
Making a note.....

Guesser
03-25-2015, 09:05 AM
He will not answer the phone or return calls. Voice mail or email is the only communication. He puts out a good product, slowly. I've known Jon for 20 years and do business with him but I do it "walk in" now. His small shop in Missoula is hard to find on a dead end street. He does not hurry!!

xvigauge
03-25-2015, 09:28 AM
He will not answer the phone or return calls. Voice mail or email is the only communication. He puts out a good product, slowly. I've known Jon for 20 years and do business with him but I do it "walk in" now. His small shop in Missoula is hard to find on a dead end street. He does not hurry!!

Hey Guesser, should I wait then for my order or should I cancel the PayPal transaction and seek the items elsewhere? He's not even answering my e-mails.
xvigauge

Guesser
03-25-2015, 09:51 PM
I don't have any advise except to keep trying unless you can walk in. He is usually open by 10AM or so, tuesday thru friday but that's highly variable. I've never used PP so I don't have any advice on that end. You said 10 days? I'd give it a month unless there are some other limitations on you.

He is a member here. I don't know his user name but his name is Jon Vivas

photomicftn
03-25-2015, 10:37 PM
I will second that they are slow to ship and slow to communicate. Perhaps it's a matter of producing what is ordered, but I don't know.

That said, you will get what you pay for, even if you have to wait for them to cast it.

YMMV, but I've ordered heel based bullets for .41 Long Colt and heavy bullets for .38 S&W in appropriate diameters over the last couple of years, and I have been totally satisfied with the product when I got it.

Support businesses like this. Chide them gently, if at all. Where else will you get some of this stuff, save on your own?

xvigauge
03-25-2015, 10:37 PM
I don't have any advise except to keep trying unless you can walk in. He is usually open by 10AM or so, tuesday thru friday but that's highly variable. I've never used PP so I don't have any advice on that end. You said 10 days? I'd give it a month unless there are some other limitations on you.

He is a member here. I don't know his user name but his name is Jon Vivas

Thanks Guesser.

xvigauge

Shiloh
03-25-2015, 11:40 PM
Seems like I still have some cast boolits around here from a company called Western Bullet Co. These would be 30 years old at least.

Shiloh

MT Gianni
03-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Jon had been in business in the same location for almost 20 years. he has his own ways but turns out a good product. He used to find estate sales and sell a lot of molds. He still looks for some and in general answers questions when he gets back.

xvigauge
04-02-2015, 11:26 PM
I just got an email today that the boolits were shipped today and are on their way. Guess I was just impatient and getting all worked up for nothing.
xvigauge

slumlord44
04-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Have dealt with him several times. No problems but then I am not usually in a hurry. He has some of the odd bullets that are hard to find.

xvigauge
04-03-2015, 09:41 AM
I am really not in a hurry either, it's just that everything I order nowadays from whatever company seems to arrive very quickly. I guess we are just all used to this fast food mentality.
xvigauge

Dan O
04-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Hello guys I just finally signed up after visiting this site for a long time. Anyway I happened to stop in this afternoon at Western Bullet company and picked up 2 bags of bullets "429421" to load up tomorrow. He is a one man operation it appears and is busy casting and lubing and filling orders.
Hope this helps,

Dan O

xvigauge
04-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the info Dan O, and welcome to the site.
xvigauge