PDA

View Full Version : Good movie with Charles Bronson

MaLar
03-24-2015, 12:08 AM
"Death Hunt" pretty good movie with period firearms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP_aYUT6FzY

Airman Basic
03-24-2015, 05:22 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Death-Hunt-Charles-Bronson/dp/B0006GQMC8
Interesting flick

Hickory
03-24-2015, 06:05 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Charles Bronson got out of that cabin without a scratch when Lee Marvin blew it up.

DR Owl Creek
03-24-2015, 12:29 PM
I think almost any movie with Charles Bronson is inspirational. :Fire:

Dave

Hardcast416taylor
03-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Ah YES! A much younger Angie Dickinson with a lot less wrinkles than she has now.Robert

GOPHER SLAYER
03-24-2015, 03:58 PM
My favorite Bronson movie is Hard Times. I especially like the Cajun music.

Thumbcocker
03-24-2015, 08:49 PM
chato's land is one of my favorites. Well worth the trouble to find. some very good lines.

dubber123
03-24-2015, 09:01 PM
Ever try running on snow shoes? It makes it even more impressive. Bronson was the real deal.

27judge
03-25-2015, 07:55 PM
Once upon a time in the west. tks ken

theperfessor
03-25-2015, 08:09 PM
I remember reading once about Bronson when he was acting in a Western (don't know which one) that had a lot of scenes shot in the boonies using a period train. The cast was on site for several days. At the end of each day Bronson would pick up the biggest rock he could find and medicine ball it down the tracks. Then he would go pick it up and do it again, until he was out of sight of the train. He would return to the train in the same manner.

The real deal indeed.

oldred
03-25-2015, 08:23 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how Charles Bronson got out of that cabin without a scratch when Lee Marvin blew it up.

In the real instance (you did know this was based on a true story and Bronson's character was a real person?) he dug a hole in the dirt floor and hid in that from the explosion.

Another interesting fact I discovered recently about Bronson concerns the story of his service in WW11, the often told story of his being a tail gunner on a B29 apparently is not true and he actually was a supply truck driver. Not sure where the tail gunner story started but apparently there is no record of Bronson ever claiming such a thing, until recently I thought it was true.

[EDIT:] Well that didn't take long at all!!! I did a bit of quick checking and it turns out that the obituary description of his service was wrong and the debate about his service record has been settled, he was indeed a tail gunner on B29s of the 20th Army Air Force flying over Japan! Evidently the report debunking Bronson's flying service has itself been debunked!!!!!

Bronson was indeed the real deal and one of my favorite actors

Hardcast416taylor
03-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Ever hear the story about how "Tail Gunner Joe McCarthy" got his nickname?Robert

xs11jack
03-25-2015, 08:31 PM
Wasn't this movie based on a guy named Johnson that was from a Scandinavian country that relocated to Alaska. He was kind of a outlaw and then shot a game warden. He sorta lead about 20 LE guys for a long time until he finally was run down and shot because he was weak and exhasted. I read about it in a Saga magazine my dad had when I was a kid. Great frontier story.
Ole Jack

oldred
03-25-2015, 08:38 PM
Wasn't this movie based on a guy named Johnson that was from a Scandinavian country that relocated to Alaska. He was kind of a outlaw and then shot a game warden. He sorta lead about 20 LE guys for a long time until he finally was run down and shot because he was weak and exhausted. I read about it in a Saga magazine my dad had when I was a kid. Great frontier story.
Ole Jack

Did they know for sure that he was actually killed or did they determine he had been wounded and most likely died? I could be wrong but I don't think they ever found a body, or did they?

BruceB
03-25-2015, 09:47 PM
It was the manhunt for "the mad trapper of Rat River", and it happened in the NORTHWEST TERRITORIES, not Alaska..... i.e.: in Canada.

How did you think all those Royal Canadian Mounted Police personnel got into the movie?

Several RCMP officers were shot before Johnson was killed. The movie is NOT an accurate recounting of the episode. I got disgusted and turned it off half-way through.

MarkP
03-25-2015, 10:09 PM
I read this last night did a search on Youtube and watched it last night.

Wooly
03-25-2015, 10:33 PM
I remember reading once about Bronson when he was acting in a Western (don't know which one) that had a lot of scenes shot in the boonies using a period train. The cast was on site for several days. At the end of each day Bronson would pick up the biggest rock he could find and medicine ball it down the tracks. Then he would go pick it up and do it again, until he was out of sight of the train. He would return to the train in the same manner.

The real deal indeed. You are probably talking about "Breakheart Pass."

reloader28
03-26-2015, 12:43 AM
Did they know for sure that he was actually killed or did they determine he had been wounded and most likely died? I could be wrong but I don't think they ever found a body, or did they?

As far as I know, the only known picture of Johnson was the one of him shot dead and the body was frozen.

This is probly my favorite Bronson show, though it wasnt very accurate.